News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehrozzy

Quote from: 11clock on April 16, 2011, 05:35:48 PM
Quote from: 11clock on April 14, 2011, 11:47:02 AM
Diamond Quest News #6: 50% and Download!

The map is now 50% complete! I haven't tested it, so I'm not sure if the game is balanced. However, I'm letting you test the game! I really want to hear feedback, so please try the map out and tell me what you think!
Note: It's highly recommended that you install Careful Creepers (Creepers no longer blow up the landscape, but can still explode.) and DeathChest (If holding a chest, your items will be stored in the chest when you die, giving you an infinite amount of time to reclaim your items.) to ease the difficulty of the map. Good luck!

http://www.box.net/shared/az0tq92sub

PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS!

I still want some feedback.
DLing now.

sayers6

When i get on my computer that I can download things on, I'll try it 11clock

Yayforlife:
Server doesn't work for me

11clock

Thanks guys! Please PM me what you think so you won't spoil anything. This will help me balance the different sections of the map.

Please note that I have not added in the borders yet. Just don't stray from the path and follow it at all costs.

tehrozzy

Quote from: sayers6 on April 16, 2011, 05:41:38 PM
When i get on my computer that I can download things on, I'll try it 11clock

Yayforlife:
Server doesn't work for me
Any particular errors?rozcraft.dyndns.tv will work now.
Quote from: 11clock on April 16, 2011, 05:43:28 PM
Thanks guys! Please PM me what you think so you won't spoil anything. This will help me balance the different sections of the map.

Please note that I have not added in the borders yet. Just don't stray from the path and follow it at all costs.
Heh, i noticed. i flew around the map to see a giant adminium wall, with a hole in it it at ground level. Sorta looks liek a creeper explosion hole to.
I got stuck at Bob JoeBob, i think a creepr blew up what i was meant to be doing, because i got stuck, and i didnt bother with the mods.

11clock

Creepers can't blow up bedrock and obsidian. I'll go ahead and take a look, though.

The creeper in the tree house must of blown up the chest with the diamond. The tree house is the main reason why I suggested Careful Creepers.

Hi756

This is my signature.....great.

11clock

Quote from: Hi756 on April 16, 2011, 07:00:43 PM
Whitelist Hi756!
For clarification, he's my brother.

Hi756

This is my signature.....great.

11clock

I went in MCedit and looked around bedrock wall enclosing the DQ map. I see no signs of damage.

tehrozzy

Quote from: 11clock on April 16, 2011, 06:52:20 PM
Creepers can't blow up bedrock and obsidian. I'll go ahead and take a look, though.

The creeper in the tree house must of blown up the chest with the diamond. The tree house is the main reason why I suggested Careful Creepers.
No, i got the diamond, didnt know what to do after that though.
Also, i figured out the holes in the admin wall, its coz outside of it random land generates, and it occasionally generates a water or lava pool in the wall. i found several more

11clock

Oh. After you grab the diamond, explore the tree house and leave it. Head back to the fork in the road in the forest, and head the other direction. Get rid of the planks you come across after about 5 seconds of walking down the path.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: 11clock on April 16, 2011, 07:58:55 PM
Oh. After you grab the diamond, explore the tree house and leave it. Head back to the fork in the road in the forest, and head the other direction. Get rid of the planks you come across after about 5 seconds of walking down the path.

You probably should have clarified that bit more, I found that confusing too. Also, would it hurt to just not add creeper spawners in sensitive/fragile areas? I am sure you could do fine with your other options.

Couple pointers:
1) You need more food given to the player throughout the game. The little I had was barely enough. I had to switch the game to peaceful many times to get by.
2) In the lapiz temple, I ended up have 2 extra levers after doing all the puzzles and opening all the doors. In one of the stages, you completed 2 puzzles and got 2 levers but only had 1 door to open. Also about earning levers, it seems like a sort of strange thing to do....Why not just engineer a redstone circuit to open the doors and place the levers to be pulled at the end of the puzzles instead?

Also I have a question for you. How did you get spawners that spawned actual hostile players? I thought that was pretty cool...want to learn what you did there. I have MC edit too, I know how to make spawners for every monster except for those.

EDIT: Completely unrelated to what I had said above: Watch this (Unless your name is Scotty), it is freaking incredible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFZKtvHQSNY

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

11clock

I don't use creeper spawners. I hate creepers and would never do such a thing. The creepers you've been seeing are spawned by the darkness.

As for the Lapis Temple, there were supposed to be 4 doors. I must of accidentally removed a couple of them (stupid instantmine command).

The human spawners are simple. In Minecraft, humans are called Monsters. If you don't have Single Player Commands with the Mob Spawner plug-in, in MCedit place a mobspawner and right click it. In the pop up menu, select Monster. It will become a Human Spawner.

For redstone circuits, I still don't know how to use them.

RayRay

Quote from: 11clock on April 17, 2011, 08:47:14 AM
For redstone circuits, I still don't know how to use them.
The best tutorials in the world is YouTube. Look up 'minecraft redstone tutorial' there.

thekolla

If you guys would be nice, you should check out my items i made and leave me some feedback.

http://img862.imageshack.us/g/20110417111547.png/

The items i have made so far are:
Obsidian Stick
Nether Dust
Nether Gem
And Dark sword.
(all the images of them are in the photo album)