News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Freeforall on July 03, 2011, 08:30:32 PM
Actually, I am playing online. I am hosting a server, as well.
...info? :0

Freeforall

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 03, 2011, 08:38:31 PM
Quote from: Freeforall on July 03, 2011, 08:30:32 PM
Actually, I am playing online. I am hosting a server, as well.
...info? :0
I can't host it right now, I will probably get kicked out of the internet again.
But maybe later I will give out server info.

RayRay

Man, it's like a ghost town in Igufed's server. I guess I'm just happy he kept it up. Maybe more players will come in August?

Also I finally changed my avatar. It's my custom-made skin!

igufed

I'd be on more often, but I'm having issues with Minecraft.

I try to start it, but nothing happens.  I look in task manager and I see the java process is taking 50-60%cpu and hovering around 500mb for ram usage.  If i let it sit, the pc becomes inoperable and I have to reboot.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled java, but, that's as far as my 'troubleshooting' process went.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

RayRay

Took a picture of me not finding a flat landscape close to the spawn, so I scaled a mountain. Here's what I got after finishing:

Igufed jumped on and made insta-night, so:

Got around 6,000 cobblestone and 4,000 dirt along with some coal.

EpicPhailure

I guess I'll try to get on more often, but my internet has been sucking lately.

Info. on 1.8:

Quote from: http://notch.tumblr.com/

Most of the basics of the game engine is in place, so it?s time to flesh this game out into something more gamey. More content, more exploration, more things to do, and interesting combat! Once this update is out, there will only some tweaks, optimizations and code cleanups left to the core game before we can call it a full release.

We?ve got a list of some 40+ things we want to add to the game, some small, some big. Some huge. We?ve finished a fair number of the items, but there?s still a significant amount of work left. While I can?t reveal the date yet for various reasons, we do have a release date for the Adventure Update in mind, and we?re hoping we?ll be able to hit it.

Jens and I are keeping the exact contents of the update secret, but we do leak some information every now and then to keep people interested and to stop us from going insane. For the most immediate spoilers, you can follow us on Twitter (@notch and @jeb_), or on Google+ (+Markus Persson and +Jens Bergensten).

Here are a few of the things we?ve revealed so far:

NPC villages
    Randomly generated dungeons
    New biome code
    Fully working Creative Mode (and individual admins can enter Creative Mode on a Survival Mode server if they choose)
    Critical hits
    Sprinting
    More farming options

As soon as I can reveal the release date we?re aiming for, I will!

Oh, and the modding support is happening, honest.

Freeforall

Sprinting? :O

And about the randomly generated dungeons, will I have to make a new world to find them?

11clock

Quote from: Freeforall on July 06, 2011, 03:14:25 PM
Sprinting? :O

And about the randomly generated dungeons, will I have to make a new world to find them?

I think you just need to venture out into unknown lands, let the world generate more land.

Freeforall

Quote from: igufed on July 05, 2011, 05:01:23 PM
I'd be on more often, but I'm having issues with Minecraft.

I try to start it, but nothing happens.  I look in task manager and I see the java process is taking 50-60%cpu and hovering around 500mb for ram usage.  If i let it sit, the pc becomes inoperable and I have to reboot.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled java, but, that's as far as my 'troubleshooting' process went.
Did you try and re-install Minecraft? Sometimes if you install texture packs with mcpatcher or something like that it can mess your game up.
And 50-60%? Mine usually takes up around 80-90%. :c

igufed

Quote from: Freeforall on July 06, 2011, 09:50:49 PM
Did you try and re-install Minecraft? Sometimes if you install texture packs with mcpatcher or something like that it can mess your game up.

I've downloaded new exe's, I've deleted .minecraft from my profile directory.  So, yes, I've tried that.  I do not add anything to the default setup.  No texture packs, no mods, etc.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Freeforall

Quote from: igufed on July 06, 2011, 10:10:06 PM
Quote from: Freeforall on July 06, 2011, 09:50:49 PM

I've downloaded new exe's, I've deleted .minecraft from my profile directory.  So, yes, I've tried that.  I do not add anything to the default setup.  No texture packs, no mods, etc.
That's really weird. It just... stopped working? No error messages or anything?

RainbowDash

Seeing that this topic is almost 100 pages, is it safe to say this has been stick online's most popular side game?

Freeforall

I have been hearing about this for a long time, what is Herobrine?

EpicPhailure

Freeforall