News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Ah. Alright. My Minecraft client has a way to completely reinstall the game either way, so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

House

I have bought mine craft can i join the server???

Celson

11clock

Meiun

Quote from: Celson on July 30, 2011, 12:07:03 PM
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/8208212863/the-psychology-of-the-reticle-and-the-feeling-of

Notch explains the AI of the new 'Enderman' mob.
Haha that's awesome. Can't wait for the adventure update. I've always thought of minecraft as a great game, but was never enough into the creative aspect to really make up for it's lack of adventure/gameplay based content. Hopefully this will help that out a good bit :P

EpicPhailure

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

That Enderman mob actually sounds really awesome.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Freeforall

Sounds cool. So, when I click 'Force Update' on my client, will it uninstall the mods automatically for me when 1.8 comes out?

EpicPhailure

If you delete the entire bin folder, the update with recreate with the newest version when you run Minecraft again.

If you don't delete the bin, it'll overwrite the patch .jar inside of the bin folder. All of your mods are installed into the nonpatch .jar, so it won't.

RayRay

Quote from: Freeforall on July 30, 2011, 05:20:36 PM
Sounds cool. So, when I click 'Force Update' on my client, will it uninstall the mods automatically for me when 1.8 comes out?
Like EpicPhail said, it won't really uninstall it for you. The resources were kept for me when I updated, no modded sounds were deleted. But you are going to get a brand new minecraft.jar, I can tell you that.

Freeforall

Alright guys. I find this modding stuff really complicated to do.
When I update my minecraft, modloader is gone. So when I try to use a mod, I just get a black screen.
I'm not sure what to do. Almost every mod that I install will crash the game. The only way I can get
mods to work is to use a program called 'ModCraft' which does it for me. But Modcraft has mysteriously
stopped working. Now I am stuck without mods. What do I do? Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how
to install them properly? I deleted that META-INF folder and it didn't do anything. I had some working for a while, but
I accidently hit the Update button, and not I do not have them. Someone please take the time to help me out, I would
really appreciate it guys.

RayRay

Quote from: Freeforall on July 30, 2011, 10:45:45 PM
Alright guys. I find this modding stuff really complicated to do.
When I update my minecraft, modloader is gone. So when I try to use a mod, I just get a black screen.
I'm not sure what to do. Almost every mod that I install will crash the game. The only way I can get
mods to work is to use a program called 'ModCraft' which does it for me. But Modcraft has mysteriously
stopped working. Now I am stuck without mods. What do I do? Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how
to install them properly? I deleted that META-INF folder and it didn't do anything. I had some working for a while, but
I accidently hit the Update button, and not I do not have them. Someone please take the time to help me out, I would
really appreciate it guys.
1. Download MyCraft.
2. Put mod zips in the mods folder.
3. Problem solved.

Quick note that you'll have to manually place sounds in the resources folder, though.

Freeforall

I downloaded MyCraft, put some mods into the folder and ran it. None of the mods were applied.

This modding stuff is way too hard >:/

ARTgames

Minecraft server for Stick Online players

I made this because there seems to not be one that I know of up and running.

Its a vanilla server with no software mods. There are no software mods for the server's stability and for easy maintenance. Also to avoid any incompatibility with future Minecraft updates. Thought implemented some sort of "/who" will be considered in the future. Please join us and have fun!