News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: Freeforall on August 28, 2011, 05:40:03 PM
REALLY cool mod. (Water Shader Mod) Reflective Water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I97AV2csdMc&feature=feedu
Seems rather pointless to me. Who plays Minecraft for the graphics?

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Jake on August 31, 2011, 10:29:41 AM
Quote from: Freeforall on August 28, 2011, 05:40:03 PM
REALLY cool mod. (Water Shader Mod) Reflective Water
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I97AV2csdMc&feature=feedu
Seems rather pointless to me. Who plays Minecraft for the graphics?

It's preference. If you want to stay true to the original textures of Minecraft, go ahead. There are those who want Minecraft to have as much resemblance to realism as possible, and there are those who want something in between.

Mystery

Quote from: YayForLife on August 31, 2011, 06:24:33 AM
Quote from: Mystery on August 31, 2011, 06:08:40 AM
Quote from: YayForLife on August 31, 2011, 06:01:36 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/108812676288884736
And now we wait.

I'm going to try to be optimistic about what's in the Adventure Update.
what dont you like about it?
The hunger meter(apparently going to be a thirst meter too), leveling up, hardcore mode, and critical hits. All extremely big changes in the gameplay which I don't think will be for the better. At the least, I personally won't like it if it's exactly like I imagine it is. I don't believe they're toggleable, either.

The content besides that is going to be awesome, though.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Mystery on August 31, 2011, 04:53:15 PM
And now we wait.

The hunger meter(apparently going to be a thirst meter too), leveling up, hardcore mode, and critical hits. All extremely big changes in the gameplay which I don't think will be for the better. At the least, I personally won't like it if it's exactly like I imagine it is. I don't believe they're toggleable, either.

Well, Hardcore mode is obviously going to be toggleable, otherwise they wouldn't note it as a mode. I believe also there will be the Creative mode (access to all things, flying) and the standard Survival/Adventure whenever you create a new world. As for the other options, I haven't any idea.

Still, I'm excited, because when I first got Minecraft, what he is adding now is exactly what I was looking forward to. Hopefully he'll have monster towns as well!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

RayRay

Personally, I like everything on 1.8, especially the hunger and hardcore mode. Time for some challenge!

(pretty obvious since I play Minecraft more than any other game)

11clock

Minecraft 1.8 and Terraria 1.1. This will be sweet!

tehrozzy

And now we wait.

Hunger, Villages, and Hardcore are all confirmed as toggleable.

Mystery

Quote from: YayForLife on September 01, 2011, 01:51:12 AM
And now we wait.

I can't imagine why the villages would be toggleable, I doubt anyone's opposed to them and it's not like they're going to alter the framework of the game as much as other things.

Really glad those 2 are toggleable though, it resolves all the issues I would've had with them.

If anything, the things that should be given the highest priority to be toggleable which aren't confirmed as of yet are leveling, and critical hits. I can picture hunger and 'hardcore' fitting in with Minecraft gameplay(just making it obnoxiously harder, MC can be considered hard to a degree), but not leveling or critical hits.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

11clock

Quote from: Mystery on September 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
And now we wait.

I can't imagine why the villages would be toggleable, I doubt anyone's opposed to them and it's not like they're going to alter the framework of the game as much as other things.

Really glad those 2 are toggleable though, it resolves all the issues I would've had with them.

If anything, the things that should be given the highest priority to be toggleable which aren't confirmed as of yet are leveling, and critical hits. I can picture hunger and 'hardcore' fitting in with Minecraft gameplay(just making it obnoxiously harder, MC can be considered hard to a degree), but not leveling or critical hits.

Villages are toggable because they could get in the way of building.

tehrozzy

Quote from: 11clock on September 01, 2011, 08:13:27 PM
Quote from: Mystery on September 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
And now we wait.

Villages are toggable because they could get in the way of building.
Plus Villages come with Villagers, the NPC's that sorta lope around being all villagery and stuff. Turn off Villages, no Villagers :P

Freeforall

Removed

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Freeforall

Yep, I saw that, looks pretty awesome.
Did you see this one?

RayRay

I feel like learning advanced Java and make my own Minecraft mods.

ARTgames

Quote from: RayRay on September 03, 2011, 01:22:36 AM
I feel like learning advanced Java and make my own Minecraft mods.
I understand that feeling. That is on my list of things I should be doing while playing videos games/youtube.