News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

If you want to make sure you can check your logs in the bios (if its supports such a thing) and make sure your not getting any temp reports or other hardware failure.

Freeforall

I'll do what both of you said in a while, it's not wanting to turn on right now.

ARTgames

At what part of the boot process does it getting to before it fails?

Freeforall

It's just a black screen. It has done this before, it should be fine in a little while.

sly 3 4 me

I have that exact same computer, and am running minecraft with the FPS mentioned on the previous page. Compaq Presario SR1250nx, right? Do you have another HDD preloaded or an external one you could test on the computer? Also, what type of video card are you running in it?

Freeforall

I can't even use the computer to see, to be honest. I tried to do what y'all said and update java, but when I clicked to install it, it did that same restart thing. It's saying "Windows has checked the file system and found no problems" but obviously there are some.

RayRay

Quote from: Freeforall on September 25, 2011, 06:53:22 PM
I can't even use the computer to see, to be honest. I tried to do what y'all said and update java, but when I clicked to install it, it did that same restart thing. It's saying "Windows has checked the file system and found no problems" but obviously there are some.
Best thing to do is get a computer expert (that sometimes mean take your computer into a store), wait for someone here to give advice, or just don't use the computer.

ARTgames

This is sounding more and more like a hardware issue. Could be a lot of things. Make sure your ram is seeded good. Clean out the dust. etc

Freeforall

It was working for about 20 minutes on minecraft, and I thought I had fixed it by installing a java update, but that it decided to shutoff again. I think it's about time to just buy another computer :/

ARTgames

QuoteI think it's about time to just buy another computer :/
I would agree.

krele

I smell cpu overheats. Do you play other cpu-hungry games just fine? Is this only happening with minecraft? Have you tried other settings (low, near)?

Freeforall

Quote from: krele on September 25, 2011, 08:44:22 PM
I smell cpu overheats. Do you play other cpu-hungry games just fine? Is this only happening with minecraft? Have you tried other settings (low, near)?
I set it on Tiny and smooth lighting off, fast graphics and it did the same thing. Now it's not even getting to the minecraft screen before it tries to restart. Pretty much anything I try to open restarts the computer. This thing lasted a LONG time though.

I guess I will try and put in a spare harddrive tomorrow.

ALSO: When I showed y'all that blue screen that said something about minecraft, now it's saying something about Hamachi PlugMeIn.

RayRay

Quote from: Freeforall on September 25, 2011, 08:47:36 PM
Quote from: krele on September 25, 2011, 08:44:22 PM
I set it on Tiny and smooth lighting off, fast graphics and it did the same thing. Now it's not even getting to the minecraft screen before it tries to restart. Pretty much anything I try to open restarts the computer. This thing lasted a LONG time though.

I guess I will try and put in a spare harddrive tomorrow.

ALSO: When I showed y'all that blue screen that said something about minecraft, now it's saying something about Hamachi PlugMeIn.
Yeah. You're computer is far too outdated. Time to get a new one.

Freeforall

Alright.

On topic: Did y'all know you could use shears on Tall Grass to collect it?

RayRay

Quote from: Freeforall on September 26, 2011, 08:33:16 AM
Alright.

On topic: Did y'all know you could use shears on Tall Grass to collect it?
I did by accident. I hit a patch of grass with it when I didn't want to and I got it.