News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosper

If we can have enough people interested (8-10 people) we could organise pvp events in arenas where we have 20-30 minutes to build defence around a 3 high obsidian flag and then attack each other until one team destroys the others.

Celson

Quote from: Prosper on January 21, 2012, 03:42:53 PM
If we can have enough people interested (8-10 people) we could organise pvp events in arenas where we have 20-30 minutes to build defence around a 3 high obsidian flag and then attack each other until one team destroys the others.

I would definitely be up for that.

igufed

I've set up another server that is hosting my Beta map for anyone interested in looking around and/or getting screenshots/video of what you've made on there.  Please refrain from building anything new. I probably won't be maintaining/backing this one up.

It was the map with the spawn being in a castle-looking enclosure.  Other structures were my downtown and big lego if that rings any bells.

Server:  minecraft.igufed.com:25566

Same whitelist as it was then.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Prosper

Trog and I blew up his monster grinder yesterday. Was pretty fun. We are both waiting eagerly for 1.2 to be out so you can wipe the world for a fresh start igu :)

Perhaps with a seed spawning us in the jungle ?

Trogdor

Quote from: Prosper on February 06, 2012, 08:59:53 AM
Perhaps with a seed spawning us in the jungle ?

Do it! Or maybe near one so we don't have to chop down a ton of trees to make a semi-habitable spawn village.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

igufed

So, I was thinking of permanently hosting another server.  I'm just not sure what type of gameplay it should be.

The original will definitely still be vanilla survival on hard difficulty. So, I'm asking what you guys would be interested in for a second one. 

If Scotty/Chaos set up theirs to be a RP, I do not want mine to be as well.  I want multiple options of gameplay, not 3 of the same thing just on different maps.  So, besides RP, what would be a nice 3rd option?
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Mystery

Quote from: igufed on February 06, 2012, 04:34:11 PM
So, I was thinking of permanently hosting another server.  I'm just not sure what type of gameplay it should be.

The original will definitely still be vanilla survival on hard difficulty. So, I'm asking what you guys would be interested in for a second one. 

If Scotty/Chaos set up theirs to be a RP, I do not want mine to be as well.  I want multiple options of gameplay, not 3 of the same thing just on different maps.  So, besides RP, what would be a nice 3rd option?
One thing that could be fun would be to designate a large chunk of land to be a 'Safe Zone' where everyone could conduct themselves normally and build things, and beyond that, have opposing clans/nations that could go to war with each other or expand further.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

thekolla

Hey, what server are you guys all playing on lately if any, i'm in the mood to play minecraft again but i want to play it with some other people.

And if scotty/chaos set up another server are we going to have a economy again, because that was very fun :D.

House

Quote from: Mystery on February 06, 2012, 04:48:46 PM

One thing that could be fun would be to designate a large chunk of land to be a 'Safe Zone' where everyone could conduct themselves normally and build things, and beyond that, have opposing clans/nations that could go to war with each other or expand further.
that is............ a GREAT idea

Prosper

I'm not too warm at the thought of spliting even more the already very small community we have who plays minecraft. I say start fresh the vanilla server with 1.2. for persistant gameplay where everyone can play on a daily basis. Then on your 2nd server host PvP events where we can all organize and meet at a said time and date to face off in some kind of capture the flag arena. I have seen this done before but on a french community so if you can ignore the french voice over I will link some videos of what I mean below :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml7MBjUewgY&feature=plcp&context=C34b2660UDOEgsToPDskI_9z_azdBeDqheKGkZQJHF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2X4SDI4tMM&feature=plcp&context=C374067aUDOEgsToPDskLscRdSTpXh5UREJ3kr3c9-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftuNloDo90&feature=plcp&context=C3cd8c03UDOEgsToPDskK2W3xgPFHQd_CY1UMotfNd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh0ZvKNh7lY&feature=plcp&context=C3bf4b2aUDOEgsToPDskLi-omIhWAULRUL17Y43MuQ

These are the 4 ones the guy posted on youtube. Basicaly its a closed in arena with 2 teams where we have a bedrock wall seperating teams for 20-30minutes the time to prepare defenses. After time is set the Game Master removes the bedrock wall.

I could try to dig in for more details on which mods we need to acheive this kind of events and if anyone is interested, I for one had been looking forward to play such a match but they kinda stopped hosting some when I got a microphone so I never got to play.

Trogdor

Yeah, I'd rather have a planned event take place on the separate server than a 24/7 anarchy-type server. Prosper's right; there aren't enough active people to spread over two servers.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

RayRay

Quote from: Mystery on February 06, 2012, 04:48:46 PM

I remember there being a Bukkit mod that allowed you to do just that. I remember seeing CTF, Melee and Team Melee, and Tower Defense. I think Nexus came with it as well. Plus, it didn't modify the blocks, (except for bases) meaning you could make your own fortresses. It may have been abandoned, but I have no idea what it was called.

Prosper

Here is a nice RPG mod I stumbled upon. Its called : TALES OF KINGDOMS. Maybe some of you already played it its been around for a while. Just watch the few videos on the forum topic its a very nice description of it. It basicaly lets you become a king and build your kingdom, collect taxes, recruit soldiers or workers. Go after the enemy faction which I think I heard was named the Reficuls (heads up lucifer). Mod is still under development but there is a lot of content in it already and it really brings a change of pace to regular vanilla minecraft.

I dont know if it is compatible with SMP, but if it is, this could be a nice thing to fit on your 2nd server igufed.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/751960-110-tale-of-kingdoms-version-130-pre3/

Freeforall

Prosper

At last 1.2 is out as of a few hours ago. Get it here : http://www.mojang.com/