News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

saving fail question

Started by ArtGames, July 21, 2009, 12:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtGames

how much time hast to past from the last save to get the saving failed box? I wish it said "saving failed. Everything in the last <time here> was lost."

EpicPhailure

What would be more useful to know would be how often it saves, and it should tell us that it just saved in the chatbox or something.

ArtGames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 21, 2009, 02:01:55 PM
What would be more useful to know would be how often it saves, and it should tell us that it just saved in the chatbox or something.

I would like that but I'm afraid the last time it saved it will get spammed out and i will not know. like when you are in a big group of people hunting sg and you on a laggy PC.

unless there was a chat on the right only for announcements, gm's, /ping, /level, /who, item selling/shop and this. And it was time coded when the MSG was sent. So if i leave and i come back i can see when it last saved or if a gm yelled sg and it was 5 hours ago i would know.

I should have PMed a gm and ask this. I'm tuning this topic into a I&S. You have inspired me Epicphail. :P

Aqua

Or how about whenever it saves, in the top right, 'Progress Saved' apears suddenly, and fades out over 3 seconds after 1 second of full transparency. Maybe on the 'Saving Failed' a message saying 'last save: 39.2 second(s) ago.'
Not really useful, but oh well.
~Aqua

ArtGames

Quote from: Aqua on July 21, 2009, 03:42:23 PM
Or how about whenever it saves, in the top right, 'Progress Saved' apears suddenly, and fades out over 3 seconds after 1 second of full transparency. Maybe on the 'Saving Failed' a message saying 'last save: 39.2 second(s) ago.'
Not really useful, but oh well.
~Aqua

i would haft to say that would look the nicest.

JoEL

Well I believe it first sends your account info to the server and the server records it...then the client sends another packet containing the same data and the server checks what it recorded and if it's the exact same it will then allow the player to exit the game.