News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[SO3 Idea] Fake Identity

Started by T-Rok, October 02, 2010, 01:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

This is all assuming you could schedule clan fights that would take place in certain areas where your clan is no longer displayed below your name.

This is an idea I had for SO3 a while back that I thought could add a nice little element to any clan rivalries to occur or even during clan wars or perhaps during a capture the flag mode or something during said clan war. But the ability to hide you real identity displayed above your head and insert a false one. The false ID would only be able to be changed every few days or so, but it would be able to be turned on and off at will. Also your chat name would not change due to security purposes. While a fake name is active, team damage is active. While it is off, team damage is off. It would create chaos in a fight. An example is below.

Please note I used the names that first popped into my head.

Team 1:
T-Rok
Lucifer
Lingus

Team 2:
Torch
Ceroblitz
Celson
----------------------------
The battle starts and everyone has their original name (in this case anyways). I change my name to Torch because I haven't changed my name in the required cooldown time. Now there are two Torch's and the only way to know which is which is either separate them and read the chat or for Torch to change his name to something they would recognize. But people are bouncing around and are to close to each other for the first, and he would be left with changing his name. Although due to the fact it inconveniences my team as well, he could very well decide to do nothing. But he changes his name to say T0rch (I can't think of anything else). Now the teams are:

Team 1:
Torch(T-Rok)
Lucifer
Lingus

Team 2:
T0rch(Torch)
Ceroblitz
Celson

But now Lucifer changes his name to T0rch. Now they are permanently deadlocked where no one will be able to easily tell the difference in the middle of a fight. But Lingus didn't get the memo that Lucifer was going to change his name to T0rch and unluckily for him at the same time Ceroblitz changed his name to Lucifer. Now Lingus thinks that the second T0rch is another enemy and that Lucifer is still our ally.

Team 1:
Torch(T-Rok)
T0rch(Lucifer)
Lingus

Team 2:
T0rch(Torch)
Lucifer(Ceroblitz)
Celson

Lingus now follows Lucifer(Ceroblitz) unknowingly into a battle with Celson, but oh snap, Lucifer(Ceroblitz) just turned on Lingus! Celson and Lucifer(Ceroblitz) and now beating the crap out of Lingus. Now T0rch(Lucifer) comes out of nowhere from above (I'll draw out a map for you in mspaint in a few minutes) and they don't know if he's with them or not. But at the same time T0rch(Torch) comes and joins. Now Torch turns off his fake name, so his allies know who he is, but then Lucifer does the same. and they start beating on those two, but now I join the battle as Torch(T-Rok) and there are now 2 Torch's, and we are all battling it out. But Team 2 has the advantage because they aren't using as many fake names as my team, so we all turn ours off, thus turning team damage off.

Anyways, the process of turning them on and off could go on forever. But the name could only be done once in every few days or every game or something like that.

Teams would have bases and chat in bases would only go to those in the base. This would allow for planning of tactics, but for those outside of the base, they miss out.
||||||---------------------------------------------||||||
||||||---------------------------------------------||||||

<- chat in this base is for in this base only
-> chat in that base is for that base only
chat in the middle can be seen by everyone

On another note, this would be much funner in larger teams.

Now for a map done quickly in mspaint. Just a rough idea.

DeamonClawz

Complicated, but that sounds cool.

But stuff then wouldn't be fair, would it? :P

Seifer

Too complicated, too easy to cause grief, and all the sudden Clan battles degenerate into who has vent and who doesn't. A team on vent can easily relay which one is the true one, and thus would not be hindered.

T-Rok

@Seifer Its not too complicated >.> Your just lazy and mad that I didn't use your name :P And who cares if a team has vent? Its not hard to get. Even though there are ones that are free and better. But all it does is change the fact that someone could say which side they are on. The fact that you still have team damage to worry about affects it. Besides, using vent/teamspeak would be no different than in a tourny where someone uses hotkeys. Just have a vote to disallow it at the start. Any self-respecting person will follow the rules.

11clock

I don't like it. It turns PvP into a huge guessing battle.

T-Rok

Quote from: 11clock on October 02, 2010, 06:21:46 PM
I don't like it. It turns PvP into a huge guessing battle.

It doesn't turn PvP into a huge guessing battle, it turns clan fights into one. :P Regardless, it was just an idea. On another note, if its too much for everyone to have it, turn it into a skill or something. Or even once its a skill, make the skill deactivate on attack. It can be tweaked in many ways.

Seifer

You can't reliable ask a team not to use a Voice Chat service, and know if they do or don't. Without a way to prove it, you can never make it a rule. Thus, all the sudden Team Battles come down to who has vent and who does not. This creates a "Use vent or lose" enviroment, which degenerates into those who have, and those who do not. We do not want to exclude people.

T-Rok

As I already said, it is not difficult to obtain. Even for free. And if you can never make it a rule then how did banning hotkeys during the tournament occur? Once again I say it is no different.

Seifer

Not everyone has a Mic, or can speak while playing, or various other things. Remember, mostly kids play these games. Also, it is readily apparent when someone uses Hotkeys in SO.

T-Rok

If someone no longer hits there teammate then it would be readily apparent when someone uses vent/teamspeak in SO.

Lucifer

Sorry Pebble, but this sounds like an extremely silly, unnecessary complication for PvP. Even the ability to change your name is simply ridiculous, can you imagine how much this would be abused? Even if their chat name isn't changed, they could still go around and slaughter players under the name of somebody else.

It's an interesting concept, but not for S.O.

T-Rok

Lol, well thats much better than just saying its too complicated. >.> Anyways, leaving this topic now. lol

Lingus

I'm agreeing with everyone else. It doesn't really seem like it would add to the experience. I would have a much more fun time if this feature were not available.