News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Spawn Parties

Started by CherryPie, January 20, 2011, 06:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

Uhh, this could've gone in suggestions also, but it kinda effects general discussion, so I chose this place.

As you probably have seen already, danimal & seifer have the ability to spawn monsters now & drop rates have also been increased on almost everything. This results in spawn parties being easier to organize and more rewarding. If I recall correctly the last town invasion took place in '08 and over the months I've asked meiun several times about another one. His reply was everytime, yeah sure, somewhere in the future. Unfortunately, he had other stuff to work on everytime.

So yeah, to come to a conclusion, I think we should have organized spawn parties every so often, which would attract more players to come online at set dates to meet old friends. Due to the better drop rate, more rewards will be obtained in these kind of events, which will result in players playing more often overall.

king

I like drop partys (but hate when its random and unorganize) i support this if it is orangize.

foG

Where's the fackin Like- Button?!

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Matty_Richo

Brilliant idea. However, if possible, if between Danimal and Seifer they could organize for one of them to do one timezone and one does another. Because I know there are a number of people from Australia as well as a few other places that cause them to miss out on said events because we are all asleep.
If it could be organized to have events that suit both parties then that'd be even better.

jackel1994

Love the idea, but I recall Meiun getting pissed when people are asking for spawns. Just let them do it whenever they please as its a gift and not as much of a priviledge.

Meiun

Quote from: jackel1994 on January 20, 2011, 10:08:37 PM
Love the idea, but I recall Meiun getting pissed when people are asking for spawns. Just let them do it whenever they please as its a gift and not as much of a priviledge.
I don't get pissed, it has just been clearly stated in the rules since the dawn of SO that you are not suppose to ask for spawns. Otherwise we get begged nonstop when it is something that is meant to be a special event.

Forum

Officially quitted

CherryPie

darkflash

we should have a spawn party with 3 SG's at temple 1 at a time :D if we set a date alot of people would be there so it wouldnt take 5 hours :D~!

king

I don't get pissed, it has just been clearly stated in the rules since the dawn of SO that you are not suppose to ask for spawns. Otherwise we get begged nonstop when it is something that is meant to be a special event.
[/quote]

lol special lol

Lucifer

Spawn Parties are meant to be a spur of the moment, unplanned ordeal. That's what makes them special & all the more appreciated, otherwise us players would take them for granted. It has been stated numerous times that planning spawn parties would not promote activity, instead, players would sign on only during the events and leave once their done. That being said, having no spawn parties doesn't promote activity either, and we definitely appreciate them whenever the mods are willing. I'm very glad Meiun gave spawning abilities to other GMs, that was a great move on his part.

CherryPie

Quote from: Lucifer on January 25, 2011, 05:57:01 PM
Spawn Parties are meant to be a spur of the moment, unplanned ordeal.

I remember town invasions mostly being announced hours before they took place.

Lucifer

Quote from: CherryPie on January 26, 2011, 12:47:53 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on January 25, 2011, 05:57:01 PM
Spawn Parties are meant to be a spur of the moment, unplanned ordeal.

I remember town invasions mostly being announced hours before they took place.
That's hardly planned... Heck there were never announced on the forums, only ingame.