News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online Public Donation Pool (No Accounts Currently Available) $910 Total!

Started by Lucifer, February 18, 2011, 09:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaytheRogue

I've been wanting to play for a while, but didn't really want to donate money (sorry for being a tightwad sometimes), and a friend just told me about the donation pool, so I thought I would present my request for an account if one is available.

Thanks,
JaytheRogue

Lucifer

Quote from: JaytheRogue on April 04, 2011, 07:16:46 PM
I've been wanting to play for a while, but didn't really want to donate money (sorry for being a tightwad sometimes), and a friend just told me about the donation pool, so I thought I would present my request for an account if one is available.

Thanks,
JaytheRogue
Check yer private messages!

Alright folks, pools empty. Was a short open session this time, but Mr. Anonymous managed to empty the entire waiting list, which is much appreciated ;).

God-I-Suck

Damn, once this donation pool was created, new players starting pouring into the forums! Nice work guys!

T-Rok

I must say, this is so much greater than I had originally expected.

Forum

Quote from: God-I-Suck on April 04, 2011, 08:05:47 PM
Damn, once this donation pool was created, new players starting pouring into the forums! Nice work guys!
Or current SO players just created forum accs so they could get new accounts. I was tempted to do but i'm not that active and it would only hurt me.
Officially quitted

T-Rok

Quote from: darkflash on April 04, 2011, 09:26:01 PM
^ ya notice how they all have 1 post..

Despite the fact this may be occuring, there are still a fair amount of legitimate accounts.

Lucifer

People, if you have any proof of such things, say so. Otherwise, don't provoke unnecessary drama. I know there have been some cases of such activity, and I expected such a thing to happen. However, I had, and still have, hopes that most people realize that using this service in such an abusive way serves no purpose whatsoever, other than reducing the amount of potential activity on this game we love so dearly. This is a community based game, and as we all know from experience, which was the reason for the creation of this donation pool, this game was not meant to be played alone. Typing in /who and seeing 1 player online is the most depressing and heart-wrenching thing I've ever seen.

Jmac

Quote from: Lucifer on April 04, 2011, 09:32:26 PM
Typing in /who and seeing 1 player online is the most depressing and heart-wrenching thing I've ever seen.
Agreed :-\ One of the reasons I enjoy this game is its community. It's no fun with no one to talk to or to rub drops in their face :P. I'm so happy that we can get more people to play the game, it's truly fun to help lower level accounts out, and I hope we can get even more people into playing when v3 comes out. Thanks guys for being an awesome community!! :D

Meiun

Quote from: Forum on April 04, 2011, 09:23:59 PM
Quote from: God-I-Suck on April 04, 2011, 08:05:47 PM
Or current SO players just created forum accs so they could get new accounts. I was tempted to do but i'm not that active and it would only hurt me.
Just for the record (and despite the fact that who gets an account from this is not my job to manage), if I do catch anyone doing this, their will likely be consequences. Taking advantage of the generosity of others is simply not ok. Overall though so far, people seem to have been fairly good, so thanks!

Scotty

From a web forum/database perspective, it isn't hard to figure out if someone has double posted in this topic under the same IP address, but with multiple accounts.  All dynamic IP address issues aside, run this query on the MySQL database to figure out if someone has double posted with multiple accounts to get a listing of the user names for the accounts, IP address, and whether or not there is a duplicate:

SELECT
  GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT(`member_name`)) AS `name`,
  member_ip,
  if(GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT(`member_name`)) LIKE '%,%','DUPLICATE!',"") AS `duplicate`
FROM
  `smf_messages`
LEFT JOIN
  `smf_members`
  USING(`id_member`)
WHERE
  `id_topic` = 1807
GROUP BY
  `member_ip`
ORDER BY
  `member_ip`,
  `member_name`
;

zeiser12

I would like to start playing again, used to play when it was free. My card doesn't provide paying over the internet, so I have no way to donate.
My account name was speedy. i remember i got an IS, the Inferno sword or something like that.
Yeah, i would like to have an account if i may, whenever possible.

darkflash

That's kind of odd. You see back in the day I had an acc named speedy.. Im pretty sure he was a pure agi. either this is my brother or he's trying to take my acc :/