News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Official stat build thread!

Started by jackel1994, March 28, 2011, 06:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackel1994

I'm quite tired of seeing a new stat build thread pop up every few days because a noob finally gets an account. So to end the madness, this thread will be where the discussion of stat related issues shall take place. Everyone feel free to contribute your ideas and thoughts to help the new players and even experienced players get an idea of what to do. I do ask for everyone to stay on topic as best as possible!

My input to start out with:

A lot of players find maxing out vit to been highly beneficial, however you need to realize your own playing style before. This goes with all stat useage. For instance you can listen to someone who loves vit and hates agi so you copy that motive. Only then to realize because you are so slow, you can't get any hits and your health just fades away anyways. What i mean by this is to just play around in pvp BEFORE investing all of your stats to see what kind of player you want to be. Try grinding for weapons or even asking players who have those weapons to give you their full input on how it works. You don't need a weapon to see how it works, just pvp against it and you will see. Remember to find what you need to make your pvp time easier and more comfortable. If you have a hard time evading hits, try (+agi) to get a speed you are more comfortable with. If you manage to do hits as often as others and don't just take all the hits, try (+vit) this also goes hand in hand with (str) though. Make sure you have a nice damage output to go with your damage taken input. You don't want to be a glass cannon or a brick tissue lol. (Meaning HUGE damage but absolutely no resistance; meaning no damage but can take a whirlwind of attacks.) With this post I'm not telling you one stat build is better then another, I'm simply telling you that YOU need to figure out what works for you! No 2 players are alike in everyway.

Common trends:

-A lot of people have been doing equal str/vit combos for example. (50/x/45/x)

Now this may be something you want or could work with but don't jump into it. Get used to moving around and fighting to see if you can tolerate having low agi then.

-The 6/7 INT debate...
This has been flaring up for ages! "6 int is all for pvp, 7 int is worth the 1 point for convenience..." HONESTLY its what will make you feel better about yourself lol. If you want the 1 extra point then do it, just consider that in pvp for that one point to work you would need to switch hats making it much easier to be vulnerable. Ask yourself an important question, would 1 extra vit or str be more beneficial in a pinch then that 1 extra int?

-The "best" hat/wep combo
Everyone either uses the gs, slasher, spire or IS. None of them are better then the other if the player themself is out of tune with pvp. You could have all of them and still utterly fail. You need to practice with a weapon and become familiar with its hitbox and how you move with it. Find what will make your playing best. Long range? (slasher) high damage? (GS or IS, IS being stronger) or an all out fury of jabs? (spire)
Take into consideration that each weapon has its own positives and negatives to make each weapon not overpowered. The slashers long range makes it do less damage and faster swing. The GS and IS both do immense damage but leave you vulnerable to attack for a longer time and make your reuse time greater. The spire does a healthy amount of damage (less then slasher and gs) and eats up stamina like a fat kid around cake. Yet when trained to use properly, the spire is a weapon of mass destruction. Lucifer is an absolute demon when he's wielding that thing. All because he knows what he is doing. Not because his stats are amazing, because frankly His stats arn't the typical "PVP-stat" build. But it works for his own style making him a great player. (Sorry to name drop on you Luc ;) you are just a good example for my point! I give you credit though ;)!)
And for hats, find what you want again. Each hat has its own perks giving str and vit or just vit or just str or vit str and agi. A lot of players will make a build for a certain hat. for instance, x/x/52/x and use a dkh to bump your vit to 56 to let your re-gen go up and get an extra 2 def points. Try looking at all the stats from hats and base your stats SIMILAR to what will help with a certain hat. None of them are crucial though, Igu has stats not based around hats and he is the greatest pvper I've seen and played against. Also he only used a hat that give no str or vit! Which proves that weapons or hats DO NOT make a player, they only give a temporary assist.

That's all for now, ill add more if i think of it. Guys feel free to contribute ideas and debate stat stuff below!

-Ishboo/TrogBoo

Sainomi

This good?
Inferno Sword
Dragoon Helmet

40/10/40/10

this good need opnions?

jackel1994

Like i said above... Would you be comfortable with those stats? Yes? then yes. No? then no... Read my entire post...

Its a good idea to start with but needs to be shaped more.

Jmac

This was a great idea, wish I would've thought of it :P. But yeah, it really all comes down to what your personal playstyle is. There is no best stat build, it's how you work with it, like jackel said. I would say that your build should reflect what you like to do because, personally, I like PvE more than PvP, and there may be several other people of like mind. So even though this topic may include lots of PvP builds, this is my PvE build:

A good PvE build would need more strength and less vitality than the normal tank build since it is quite easy to avoid enemy attacks. So my build would be 64/12/24/7. This build gives great damage output allowing you to hit the damage threshholds on most enemies quickly. It also gives the ability to take a couple more hits than usual by providing 8 defense and 69 extra hp. You will also gain 6 hp per tick, which, IMO, is better than nothing. You also have enough agility to get on top of the temple with frog hat easily, and dodge monsters better. The 7 intelligence is for when you are stammed, (obviously) a wiz hat can bring you to 12 int., giving 8 stam per tick sitting, and 4 when standing. And that, my friends is my take on a PvE build.

jackel1994

Quote from: Jmacrules on March 28, 2011, 06:55:08 PM
This was a great idea, wish I would've thought of it :P. But yeah, it really all comes down to what your personal playstyle is. There is no best stat build, it's how you work with it, like jackel said. I would say that your build should reflect what you like to do because, personally, I like PvE more than PvP, and there may be several other people of like mind. So even though this topic may include lots of PvP builds, this is my PvE build:

A good PvE build would need more strength and less vitality than the normal tank build since it is quite easy to avoid enemy attacks. So my build would be 64/12/24/7. This build gives great damage output allowing you to hit the damage threshholds on most enemies quickly. It also gives the ability to take a couple more hits than usual by providing 8 defense and 69 extra hp. You will also gain 6 hp per tick, which, IMO, is better than nothing. You also have enough agility to get on top of the temple with frog hat easily, and dodge monsters better. The 7 intelligence is for when you are stammed, (obviously) a wiz hat can bring you to 12 int., giving 8 stam per tick sitting, and 4 when standing. And that, my friends is my take on a PvE build.

Like your input on PvE builds. I just didnt include that because the goal of the game is to grind to eventually PVP as this games core function once your 100 is to pvp xD But yes you are correct with your PvE input.

Torch

Quote from: Sainomi on March 28, 2011, 06:36:48 PM
This good?
Inferno Sword
Dragoon Helmet

40/10/40/10

this good need opnions?

First off, if you're using a dragoon helm, make your vit a multiple of 6, -2. If you're using a DKH (better than the dragoon helm for tanking purposes), make your vit a multiple of 6, -4.

10 int is useless, you always want to either have a multiple of 6, or just leave it at 1. If you're using a GS/IS and have 40+ str, I recommend just leaving int at 1. If you must have int, go for 6. This does not go for the other 2 pvp weapons.

Jmac

Quote from: jackel1994 on March 28, 2011, 07:00:27 PM
Quote from: Jmacrules on March 28, 2011, 06:55:08 PM

Like your input on PvE builds. I just didnt include that because the goal of the game is to grind to eventually PVP as this games core function once your 100 is to pvp xD But yes you are correct with your PvE input.
Thanks man, glad I could contribute to the topic. ;) Oh and a note on the DH/IS combo: just having these does not and will not make you the best PvPer, it takes practice, timing, and a good internet connection to stand a chance against some of the more experienced players. Hell, you could win with a snowball and the shady hat if you can dodge and hold out long enough. Well...it might be possible XD. But once again, it all depends on how you play. If you have trouble dodging, add agi., if you feel like you take lots of hits, put some vit. on your build, a higher str. would be needed if you can barely hit your opponents to make your hits count, and int...well it's not really heavily used  :-\. But yeah, make your build reflect your personal needs and don't just follow the crowd. Be different, ask people their personal thoughts on specific stats, and play the game how you want. Wow, I sound like a freaking therapist... :P

Sainomi

Quote from: Torch on March 28, 2011, 07:07:57 PM
This good?
Inferno Sword
Dragoon Helmet

40/10/40/10

this good need opnions?

First off, if you're using a dragoon helm, make your vit a multiple of 6, -2. If you're using a DKH (better than the dragoon helm for tanking purposes), make your vit a multiple of 6, -4.

10 int is useless, you always want to either have a multiple of 6, or just leave it at 1. If you're using a GS/IS and have 40+ str, I recommend just leaving int at 1. If you must have int, go for 6. This does not go for the other 2 pvp weapons.
Most tankers use Spire Right?
Dark Knight Helmet
Spire Dagger

And something like 40 Str/50 Def/10/1

Jmac

Quote from: Sainomi on March 28, 2011, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: Torch on March 28, 2011, 07:07:57 PM
This good?
Inferno Sword
Dragoon Helmet

40/10/40/10

this good need opnions?

Most tankers use Spire Right?
Dark Knight Helmet
Spire Dagger

And something like 40 Str/50 Def/10/1
The spire is a stamina whore, with 1 intelligence, you'll empty your stam. in mere seconds and be left open to attack. When Torch said that having only 6 int. didn't go for the other PvP weapons, he specifically meant the spire. If you plan on using spire with your build, I would reccommend 12 int. at least, and slightly higher agi. so you can reach your opponent because spire has a short range and you don't want to waste your stamina hitting the air. Hope this helps.

EDIT: My bad, I'm posting on an iPod, so I didn't realize I hid my post in the quote box. Should be fixed now. :)

Mystery

...without going off on a spiel about related subjects here, I'd like to get some more feedback on Mystery's current build, even though I've gotten numerous people to advise me to give up on that account. I still think it has potential.

Level: 100
Stats: 46 STR/33 AGI/20 VIT/8 INT
Optimal Hats: Green Beret(have), Dark Knight Helm(have), Fedora(have), Bandit Cover(don't have)(?)
Optimal Weapons: Katana(have), Stone Hammer(have), Whip(have), Spire Dagger(don't have), Slasher(don't have), Legendary Sand Blade(will never have)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Jmac

Quote from: Mystery on March 28, 2011, 07:42:30 PM
...without going off on a spiel about related subjects here, I'd like to get some more feedback on Mystery's current build, even though I've gotten numerous people to advise me to give up on that account. I still think it has potential.

Optimal Hats: Green Beret(have), Dark Knight Helm(have), Fedora(have), Bandit Cover(don't have)(?)
Optimal Weapons: Katana(have), Stone Hammer(have), Whip(have), Spire Dagger(don't have), Slasher(don't have), Legendary Sand Blade(will never have)

Umm. Just a question. Why 8 intelligence? Is it for use with fedora for the bonus or....what? Lol, just wondering. To me, the build looks pretty nice other than the 20 vitality/8 int. I realize that the point of the 20 vit. is for use with the DKH, but you can only wear one hat at a time so, do you just switch between fedora and DKH for stamina and health regen? Unless you use hotkeys, this would annoy me mid-PvP, so I don't necessarily like that aspect of this build. Other than that, it's a nice build! 8)

crozier

Since when?

krele

This is a no-brainer, of course it's viable. You sacrifice some brute force for speed. Victory only depends on your pvp skills, dodging etc.

Mystery

Quote from: crozier on March 28, 2011, 08:01:11 PM

Since when?

That was a typo. :(
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Jmac

Ahh well then my post is void, lol, I thought you had a DKH, guess I failed. :(