News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Forum Adventures (Day 4) [ON HOLD]

Started by RayRay, April 05, 2011, 05:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New story? Vote upon your role, please!

Old player, continue this story!
1 (20%)
Old player, start a new one!
2 (40%)
New player, continue this story!
0 (0%)
New player, start a new one!
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

T-Rok

Quote from: 11clock on April 11, 2011, 08:45:58 AM
Here is a poorly drawn picture of Prince Alvester, the fugitive Talvek.

His wings can stretch up to 8 feet each, a 16 feet wingspan in all. Both wings have claws at the end that are normally used for combat.

<3 the picture

Infection

Speaking of pictures...

It's very interesting to see what other people perceive when they read a description of something. Note that I made all of these base of all descriptions, I didn't see Alvester's picture until after I had drew this. :P

I wanted to make it seem like one of those epic pictures where they all line up in a row, with a slight arch in the way they face. Sort-of like the Justice League cartoons :P

They are masterpieces! [/sarcasm]

I mean, Ntertain looks like a terrorist. :P
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

11clock

TRok and I did a back-and-forth role-play. Here you go!

QuoteAlvester looks down at the land as he soars through the sky, thinking about the incident 2 years ago. His soul is filled with sadness, confusion, and rage.

Alvester used to be one of the Talvek race, a prince and a highly respected member of society. All that changed when he was framed for murdering his father, the king of the Talvek Kingdom. Alvester was banished from the kingdom, never to return. He's been on the run ever since, being chased by his own kind.

"My brother...my evil little brother," Alvek mutters to himself. "He will pay for this one day..."

Suddenly, something slashed his right wing! Alvester turns and sees a Talvek Assassin, flying next to him!

"WHY YOU LITTLE-!" Alvester screams! He dives at the assassin and clings on to him, performing a combination of furious jabs and slashes! They both plummet to the ground! All goes black.

Alvester awakes, stunned by the fall. He looks over and sees the assassin, face in the ground. Alvester's right wing is torn apart and his left wing is broken. He checks the assassin's body, making sure that he's dead. In torn shape, Alvester rests, knowing that he won't last long without help. This might be the end of him...

As Ntertain walked through the plains, he began thinking about the 26 Ninjas. He remembered Absolute - his leader and mentor - leading them for good, for the right cause.

One day the traitorous member Vercious turned their whereabouts in to the authorities, they stormed the fortress like there was no tomorrow.

Absolute fought and fought but, not for himself, for the lives of all those around him. They were his family. In the midst of battle, Vercious crept up behind Absolute and stabbed him in the back with a poison tipped blade. He was finished, but not before he had saved the lives of every other member in the clan. His last words, they were to Ntertain, he said "Never forget what you stand for, take the just path."

As Ntertain remembered this, a tear left his eye. He would have his revenge on Vercious.

*CRASH*

Just as Ntertain went to wipe the tear form his face, he had heard something crash nearby. He immediately went stealthed so as to not draw attention to himself as he ran towards the scene.

As he rests, Alvester hears footsteps, slowly getting louder. An enemy is approaching! He leaps up for battle, only to fall back down in pain.

"Ugh...I am finished..."

As Ntertain approached the area he saw two men? No.. bats? He couldn't be sure. One appeared to be dead, the other wounded severely. He knew he had to do something before the batman died.

Alvester sees the enemy now, someone who looks like an assassin. He is surely here to finish him off.

"Go ahead and kill me. My life is over..."

"Haha, I'm not going to kill you. Despite my appearance and profession, I was taught to value life. Now hold still. If I don't do this now, you will not survive."

As Ntertain applied the medicine to the wounds, he knew he had a long task ahead. (Does not use a medicine, actually.)

Alvester is confused by the friendliness of this Human. Never in his life has he met someone so...caring.

Alvester lies still, feeling the medicine on his wounds. He begins to regain his strength.

"Thank you, Human. However, my wing is still broken. I won't be able to fly until it recovers. Unlike your Human bones, Talvek bones heal much faster. Should only take a few days."

Alvester manages to stand up.

"Tell me, Human; where are we?"

(The ability Flight is unavailable until the wing heals. This will take 3 in-game days.)

"Talvek, what an interesting race." Ntertain thought to himself.

"I'm not sure to tell you the truth, it appears that wandering the world while deep in thought isn't such a good idea. As for this 'human' business, no need to be so formal. My name is Ntertain, and it is my pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Prince Alvester. Even though my wing is damaged, I can still put up a good fight with my other."

Alvester flexes his good wing, all 8 feet of it.

"I'll need time to fully recover. Until then, we need to find a shelter. Look out for Talvek sentries; even after 2 years, they're still hunting me."

Alvester notices a confused look on Ntertain's face.

"It's a long story that I will explain later. Right now, we need to focus on shelter."

"Sounds good to me, I could use a nice rest."

Ntertain starts walking off to the west, but stops, he turns around and starts walking east until suddenly stopping again.

"You know, I have no idea which way I came from now. Haha."

"You saying we're lost!?"

Alvester looks around and lets out a sonic scream! It's so loud it can break anyone's ear drums!

After the scream settles, Alvester calms. He looks to the East and points in that direction with a long, sharp claw.

"I pick something up in that direction. We should go there."

Alvester and Ntertain have formed an alliance!

Starting Point: E8

11clock

More common enemies!

Crocolypse
A crocodile creature that is black with glowing red slashes all over its body. It's normal attack is a ranged fireball from its mouth, 1/10 chance of inflicting Burn status. It can use its tail to trip you. Crocolypse can also use Inferno, a tier 1 speed attack that hits all party members and has a 1/10 chance of inflicting Burn status.
These enemies can be found around swamps and in caves.

Uni-Bot
A robot on a unicycle, or is it a unicycle on batteries? The world may never know.
The Uni-Bot is fast and has 2 primary attacks. It can ram you and it can shoot a laser beam. It has the ability Super Roll, which allows the user to roll over 2 targets (1 attack in and 1 attack back, like a boomerangish thing).
The Uni-Bot can be found near towns and rarely in dungeons.

Gobbles
Aww, a cute lil fluffy green blawb! :D
This little ball of fur is more deadly than it looks. It can gobble a party member (rendering that party member immobile but unattackable), and will fire that party member at another party member in the following turn. If there is only one party member, it will gobble the party member and spit him/her on the ground.
Gobbles can normally be found in plains, near swamps, and near lakes.

Baby Snowman
A small snowman. It attacks by throwing snowballs. It sometimes uses its body as a projectile (one time use).
Baby Snowmen can be found in snowy terrain.

Golem (RARE)
A rare, powerful monster. It normally fights alone and hangs around near mountains and in mountain ranges. Golems can drop very useful and powerful items.
Golems attack with their fists, know Earthquake (Massive damage to all party members), and can chuck a party member at another party member (like Gobbles' main attack, but in one turn).

Snowman (RARE)
A rare, powerful monster. It normally fights alone and hangs around in snowy terrain.
Snowman has a powerful slash attack and can summon Baby Snowmen. Snowman also knows Blizzard, a powerful attack that hits all party members and has a 1/10 chance of Freeze.

Trip: Immobile for a turn or a few turns.
Burn: Opposite of Poison. Starts with 100 damage, then goes down by 25 each turn until it reaches 25 damage. Can be cured by Medicine and Burn Cream.
Freeze: Immobile for a few turns. Deals 25 damage per turn until the ice melts. Can be countered by a Torch.

Guys, feel free to add monsters with me!

RayRay

EDIT: Woo-hoo! I finished! Took 1 hour to implement 9 monsters! (I sound like this game is too much work lol)

Game starts in...
Wait... There's no timer for text...
Anyways...

Starting Locations and Parties!
X: 0, Y: 0

Alvester and Ntertain are at E8 togetha!
CCB is in a creepy cave at B7.
And Wulfgar is alone at A5.

X: 0, Y: 0, B7 cave

CCB is at D8. (on the stairway)
(Note: The brown borders are walls. Where there's not a brown wall, there's a path. If you can't see it very well, feel free for me to make the walls more visible.)

Alvester (Lv. 1) - 500/500 - 100/100 - 250/250 - 85 Str, 75 Agi, 50 Mag, 25 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Inv(5/50): Medicine x5
  • Head: none
  • Body: Torn Clothes
  • Shield: Rusty Wing Shield +%3 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claw +10 Str, +5 Agi
  • Hands: none
  • Legs: none
  • Feet: none
  • Accessory: none

CCB (Lv. 1) - 2000/2000 - 65/65 - 325/325 - 82 Str, 35 Agi, 30 Mag, 38 Rst - 0/14 Exp
  • Inv(3/50): Medicine x3
  • Head: Paper Horns +3 Rst
  • Body: none
  • Shield: Cardboard Shield +%1 Block Chance
  • Weapon: Claws of Corrugation +7 Str
  • Hands: Paper Bracers of Prestidigitation +5 Agi
  • Legs: none
  • Feet: none
  • Accessory: Trinket of Corrugation +5 MP

Wulfgar (Lv. 1) - 1750/1750 - 50/50 - 188/188 - 98 Str, 38 Agi, 25 Mag, 50 Rst - 0/10 Exp
  • Head: none
  • Body: Tattered Tunic
  • Shield: N/A
  • Weapon: Warmaul "Tor" +10 Str, +%3 Critical Chance, -Shield Equip
  • Hands: none
  • Legs: Ripped Leggings
  • Feet: Cracked Leather Boots
  • Accessory: none

Ntertain (Lv. 1) - 800/800 - 50/50 - 500/500 - 70 Str, 78 Agi, 25 Mag, 43 Rst - 0/8 Exp
  • Head: Cheap Leather Hat +4 Rst
  • Body: Cheap Leather Tunic +5 Rst
  • Shield: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Weapon: Rusty Dagger +10 Str
  • Hands: Cheap Leather Gloves +3 Rst
  • Legs: Cheap Leather Greaves +3 Rst
  • Feet: Cheap Leather Boots +2 Rst
  • Accessory: 26 Ninja Pendant +3 Agi

Infection

Corrugated Cardboard Box - "That bird said whatever I am looking for is in this cave somewhere... looks pretty scary. I better see and take a quick look around before going real deep, looks dangerous, so I think I am going to head to D10."

I think I did that right...?  :D

RayRay

Quote from: Infection on April 11, 2011, 10:01:47 PM
Corrugated Cardboard Box - "That bird said whatever I am looking for is in this cave somewhere... looks pretty scary. I better see take a quick look around before going real deep, looks dangerous, so I think I am going to head to D10."

Yes you did. Do you wish to run? It will cost 5 EP but will get you through 2 tiles and lessen the encounters of monsters.

Infection

Quote from: RayRay on April 11, 2011, 10:11:51 PM
Quote from: Infection on April 11, 2011, 10:01:47 PM
Corrugated Cardboard Box - "That bird said whatever I am looking for is in this cave somewhere... looks pretty scary. I better see take a quick look around before going real deep, looks dangerous, so I think I am going to head to D10."

Yes you did. Do you wish to run? It will cost 5 EP but will get you through 2 tiles and lessen the encounters of monsters.

I kinda want to fight a monster or two so no running please. I'll add "run" when I do from now on though, thanks.

11clock

Alvester learned Sonic Scream!

Sonic Scream: Out of battle move. Locates objects up to 3 blocks away. Only reveals direction and the number of objects in each direction. Works well with Flight.

Alvester: The sonic waves pick up something to the east. I suggest we go there.

Alvester votes to go to F8.

T-Rok

Ntertain: You sound really confident about this, so let us go.

Ntertain votes to go to F8

Trogdor

Wulfgar finally stirs from his deep sleep. Lying spread-eagle on the soft grass, he slowly works each and every muscle in his body, checking for any fractured bones and other serious injuries that could shock his body back into a comatose state. Thankfully nothing is broken, so he slowly works himself into a sitting position. Slightly dazed, Wulfgar quickly assesses any injuries incurred from the storm. His body is riddled with splotches of purpled bruises and jagged cuts. He rips up his already tattered tunic and uses it to bandage his wounds, healing a small amount of health but losing his tunic in the process.
HP -1500 (Storm)
HP +200 (Bandages)

Idly observing his surroundings, he notices a lake a short distance away from his current position. He also spots Tor just a few yards away. A wave of relief washes over him as he crawls toward his battle companion. Using the maul to prop himself up into a standing position, he slowly shifts his weight to his feet, testing how fatigued his body is. He takes a few faltering steps and then falls face first onto the ground. Though his body is limp and haggard, the cold steel in his right hand reminds him of what one of the Stolthet elders once told him long ago: A warrior's spirit should burn as brightly as the blazing fires in which his weapon was forged. Shamed by forgetting this crucial doctrine, he struggles back onto his feet with renewed determination. Wulfgar trudges towards the lake, Tor slung over his bandaged right shoulder, hoping to find some clue as to where he washed up from.
EP -150 (Storm)

(OOC: Since lakes and pits aren't able to be occupied (yet), I just moved him to the "shore" of the lake, though he's still in A5. Also, should we include a brief summary of our character's condition in each post to better track their status? Maybe something like:

Wulfgar
HP: 450/1750
MP: 50/50
EP: 38/188
EXP: 0/10

Also, do we make up our own EP values for doing miscellaneous things like scavenging, or do you control that as well? And does walking from one area to another cost EP, and if so, how much?)

Edit: I keep mixing up the coordinate plane. >_<
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

RayRay

Quote from: Trogdor on April 12, 2011, 03:37:00 PM
Also, do we make up our own EP values for doing miscellaneous things like scavenging, or do you control that as well? And does walking from one area to another cost EP, and if so, how much?)
Nah. I don't care about any stat changes as long as there's a good reason.

T-Rok

Trogs is much cooler than mine. lol

RayRay

Quote from: Trogdor on April 12, 2011, 03:37:00 PM
(Also, should we include a brief summary of our character's condition in each post to better track their status? Maybe something like:

Wulfgar
HP: 450/1750
MP: 50/50
EP: 38/188
EXP: 0/10

I guess you could. I wouldn't mind. Also walking doesn't cost EP, nor does it restore EP. If you stand in one place, you'll heal 5 EP. If you rest, you'll heal 15 EP.

EDIT: What are you gonna do next? Or is that what you did for your turn?

Trogdor

Quote from: RayRay on April 12, 2011, 05:58:03 PM
What are you gonna do next? Or is that what you did for your turn?

I didn't want to do too much in one turn, just wanted to set the stage for Wulfgar's introduction in the first turn.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.