News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Wanderlust: Rebirth

Started by Meiun, June 02, 2011, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Ahh okay. Makes sense. I'm just bad then, haha - gotta get used to the alchemist.

We hit 67% earlier, and that was after we didn't use any continues or deaths. Guess we gotta work on combos! (Even though I was getting alot of gold skulls :( )

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lucifer

What the !@#$. Why would they make playing this game SO damn aggravating? After attempting the first level single player twice, and by attempting I mean spamming the !@#$ing revive button because that's all you can possibly do (please, correct me if I'm wrong), both times I ended up spamming it so much at the bear that I would accidentally scroll down at the death menu and hit the "Return to Town" button, FORCING me to restart the entire painful scenario OVER AND OVER. (WHY is there no "Are you sure?" thing stopping this from happening?) I just wanted to painfully get through to level two and get some minimal skill reward to upgrade my damned skill points, because you simply do not have enough skill points to take out each wave of people in level 1 with simple melee; but now I'm raging too much to do so.

I was playing a cleric, with two points into healing breeze and two points into healing aura. Obviously this was a terrible idea, because casting any of these spells merely allows you to watch your character get raped up the ass by horny wolves slightly longer. I'm going to try remaking my character and putting all of my starting points into health/mana type stuff, see how that works out. I'm just getting the impression that playing the game solo is more of an e-peen weighing contest/feel good scenario for later on when you're better equipped than an actual place to get used to your character and I don't know, enjoy the game.

igufed

Yea, playing by yourself is a bit tough.  Pin and I were playing last night and after like 6 attempts we finally got through the first chapter without dying.  Second one isn't so bad after you can learn how to work the guy at the end.  Don't know what the guy is called, but I was the magic guy using ranged weapons and Pin used the first guy with the sword.

But, so far the best drops I've gotten from either gambling or a monster drop is the gem.  One gem let me get +250hp, and another got me +20dmg.  I accidentally used both gems on the same weapon, so, when I used the +20 damage on the 'satin rod' I lost the +250hp it used to have.  Although, doing 9 damage turning into 29 damage helps out big time.

Repeating the first chapter over and over again, even with dying, isn't so bad, because you still get coins and the chance of more drops that can help you as well.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Lucifer

Figured out my problem. I didn't realize the first level of skills cost so little for a reason, you are obviously supposed to get multiple level 1 skills before you start upgrading further, attempting to specialize pretty much !@#$s you unless you have allies. I re-created my character with 1 toughness, 1 endurance, 1 focus, 1 holy shield, and 1 divine blade. I raped up all of the wolves something FIERCE, and really wasn't all that saddened when I got my ass served to me by the soldiers & bear. I would have appreciated them explaining how !@#$ed I would be with my previous skill choice, but, whatever, I'm having fun now.

Meiun

Quote from: Lucifer on June 04, 2011, 01:29:15 PM
Figured out my problem. I didn't realize the first level of skills cost so little for a reason, you are obviously supposed to get multiple level 1 skills before you start upgrading further, attempting to specialize pretty much !@#$s you unless you have allies. I re-created my character with 1 toughness, 1 endurance, 1 focus, 1 holy shield, and 1 divine blade. I raped up all of the wolves something FIERCE, and really wasn't all that saddened when I got my ass served to me by the soldiers & bear. I would have appreciated them explaining how !@#$ed I would be with my previous skill choice, but, whatever, I'm having fun now.
Yeah I was going to say... First chapter was laughably easy for me. The game in general can be challenging though, thats part of the excitement for me. But there WAS a tutorial you know that explains all of that stuff... Also don't forget you get a starting weapon item you can equip that gives some bonus skill, a lot of people don't notice that. But also, the game is best played with others, especially when getting started.

Lucifer

Quote from: Meiun on June 04, 2011, 02:54:45 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on June 04, 2011, 01:29:15 PM
Yeah I was going to say... First chapter was laughably easy for me. The game in general can be challenging though, thats part of the excitement for me. But there WAS a tutorial you know that explains all of that stuff... Also don't forget you get a starting weapon item you can equip that gives some bonus skill, a lot of people don't notice that. But also, the game is best played with others, especially when getting started.
Well, no, my problem was not the difficulty; my problem was the game's lack of explanation of anything actually useful. Teaching me to move around, swing my sword, block, and assign hotkeys is basic crap I learned while reading the manual. I'd like more specific information, like for example warning me that if you don't get any of the stats you will not have enough energy to fight off each wave of the first level, nor health to survive running around in circles before they trap you in a corner. That's useful information. Also, exactly how combos work, I'm still not exactly sure if blocking stops them or what, or if that "hit" counting thing has anything to do with the combos, because I've gotten hit counts in the 40s and no combo scores before.

Also !@#$ you game, I've gotten two blueprints that cost 10k to make and require stuff I won't get for ages. Maybe that's lucky, but to me that's torture, give me shit I need right now, and shit I need later, later, >:O.

Cactuscat222

1) It'd be nice if the game gave you a prompt or something when gemming an item, telling you that it will replace a certain value on it. I just used my +Resist Fire/Ice gem on an item, and it replaced the +Resist Physical, which I really needed. I was under the impression the values stacked, since you were gemming it.

2) There needs to be more storage space or trading or something. T_T For the amount of items you find in the game, there just isn't enough room to hold onto or store them - especially with how hard it is to get good items in the first place, you need to hold on to EVERYTHING if you want a chance at every crafting a green/blue item (beyond getting lucky with pre-crafted drops).

EDIT: Still though, besides crafting costs, the game is absolutely a blast to play, especially with others~!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

d2king10

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on June 04, 2011, 07:54:21 PM
1) It'd be nice if the game gave you a prompt or something when gemming an item, telling you that it will replace a certain value on it. I just used my +Resist Fire/Ice gem on an item, and it replaced the +Resist Physical, which I really needed. I was under the impression the values stacked, since you were gemming it.

2) There needs to be more storage space or trading or something. T_T For the amount of items you find in the game, there just isn't enough room to hold onto or store them - especially with how hard it is to get good items in the first place, you need to hold on to EVERYTHING if you want a chance at every crafting a green/blue item (beyond getting lucky with pre-crafted drops).

EDIT: Still though, besides crafting costs, the game is absolutely a blast to play, especially with others~!

1) I agree, I will send Matt the suggestions!

2) The red chest in the lobby is used as storage once you beat the game (one of the several things you along...it also has some sweet loot in it!). We didn't want to allow people to mass store things, we wanted them to think about what they have and only keep what they need. This is made better once you beat the game and get the extra chest!

Lucier, you mentioned having to remake your character. I don't know if you knew this, but you can just talk to Gregin and his respec and get all your points back for free. I agree, the game is challenging for a new player, especially if you don't pick up any focus/endurance/toughness. I think Matt should probably mention this in the tutorial like you suggested, I will let him know. I came up with an idea that Matt seems to like, what if when you first make a character, after the tutorial, it asks if you want to use recommended skill settings or spec your own (and we decide what is best starting skills for a lvl 1 character)?

Grab divine blade at lvl 1 when you first start a cleric, it will make you do some nice damage!

Oh and I have also suggested the "return to lobby" button to give a warning but i think Matt forgot, I will remind him!

Thanks for playing the game guys, we appreciate all the feedback!

sly 3 4 me

I believe the stat it will replace is highlighted in green on the weapon, this is going on the fact I have added 2 gems and each time it has replaced the stat which was in green text. Maybe make it possible to choose which one to replace?  :)

d2king10

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 04, 2011, 09:08:01 PM
I believe the stat it will replace is highlighted in green on the weapon, this is going on the fact I have added 2 gems and each time it has replaced the stat which was in green text. Maybe make it possible to choose which one to replace?  :)

You are right, it replaces the stat displayed in green when you have the augment menu up. The way socketing works, is it replaces the equivalent ingredient stat. Basically, every item you see, gets its stats from the ingredients that it used to make it. So a green gem replaces the green ingredient, and a blue gem replaces the blue ingredient. The way the system is set up, you can't select which stat to set up, it basically just changes the stuff the weapon is made out of.

A bit hard to explain, and I probably confused you guys even more! haha

sly 3 4 me

We should plan some times to go online into a room. I see Meiun has a room, but no one is ever in it. Whenever I do go into it and idle to wait for people, they never show up. The other rooms which have 2 or 3 people are always private too, which is annoying. I end up having to solo every single time. :(

Lucifer

Quote from: d2king10 on June 04, 2011, 08:38:56 PM
Lucier, you mentioned having to remake your character. I don't know if you knew this, but you can just talk to Gregin and his respec and get all your points back for free. I agree, the game is challenging for a new player, especially if you don't pick up any focus/endurance/toughness. I think Matt should probably mention this in the tutorial like you suggested, I will let him know. I came up with an idea that Matt seems to like, what if when you first make a character, after the tutorial, it asks if you want to use recommended skill settings or spec your own (and we decide what is best starting skills for a lvl 1 character)?

Grab divine blade at lvl 1 when you first start a cleric, it will make you do some nice damage!

Oh and I have also suggested the "return to lobby" button to give a warning but i think Matt forgot, I will remind him!

Aye, I found that out right after I remade the character, very neat system. The suggested build is a fantastic idea, just to give players something to fall back upon if their own custom set is failing and they don't understand why. Divine blade is indeed truly awesome ;).

If anyone ever wants to play, just nudge me on MSN.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: d2king10 on June 04, 2011, 08:38:56 PM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on June 04, 2011, 07:54:21 PM

1) I agree, I will send Matt the suggestions!

2) The red chest in the lobby is used as storage once you beat the game (one of the several things you along...it also has some sweet loot in it!). We didn't want to allow people to mass store things, we wanted them to think about what they have and only keep what they need. This is made better once you beat the game and get the extra chest!

Thank you for responding - even here. :) Aye, I see why you would want people to think carefully out their items and what not, especially with the costs associated with crafting. The only downside is that you won't really know what to hold onto until you find that right recipe, so it was aggravating for me to throw away a material for room, only to find out it would be needed for an item I wanted to craft.

I was wondering what that extra chest was for! I thought it might have been a "shared" chest for that specific profile, which could be accessed by all characters on your profile. Speaking of which, is there any plans of being able to trade amongst players, or at least, amongst your own characters? It'd be kind of nifty, but I can see the drawbacks.

And I always forget that the recipes in the item/recipe vendor are free - just you have to pay the large crafting cost when the time comes.

d2king10

No, thank you guys for playing and supporting the game!

Matt is already implementing the recommended skill setting for new characters as I speak!

One reason we don't have trading is to prevent hackers from coming into games and just tossing out items.

We should have an update out soon enough!

Mystery

I really do love this game- I've had more fun with it than a lot of other things lately. But there are a few aspects which I think could be improved.

For one thing, using gems, you do not get to choose which benefit you are replacing for green(and I assume blue) items. I also didn't know that gems completely overlapped one of the benefits- I thought they stacked with the normal effects of the item. I lost 2 +1 Toughness +2 Focus items this way with gems like +25 Resist Sleep/Poison. :|

Regarding the limitation of inventory space- I have no problem with it, but the late-game blueprints do take up a lot of room if you have several good ones, and if you could sell them for a considerable amount of cash, it would also help to resolve the problem of ridiculously high crafting costs(at the moment, dunno what it'll be like when the full game is released).

Also, even with the reduced difficulty of single-player mode, it is still very difficult to beat a chapter without dying if you have little to no equipment(and considering how hard it can be to get it, unless you get a good double drop like I did above...then screwed it up), and the penalty for death is in my opinion, too harsh. I have yet to see anyone get over 50% if they died, no matter what else they did.

And the Sludge boss is also much harder due to its constantly spitting poison; I'm assuming that was part of the update.

EDIT: Also, the 'escape the cavern before it breaks' quest is ridiculously hard. If the time to get out was increased by half, I could see it being viable, but as is, with my fast Alchemist, I can get to the last section of it before the timer runs out. With multiple people, I've never gotten past the 1st portion because a rock always 1 hit kills someone walking where they shouldn't be.

EDIT #2: This may be picky, but I also noticed several typos in the text.  :P The one that stood out the most to me was Barbuda saying '..let's go our seperate ways'. Should be separate. Might just want to look over the text a bit.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.