News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Another SO Item Database and info site.

Started by igufed, August 29, 2011, 03:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igufed

Just to let you guys know that there will be a new feature coming to the site in the next couple of weeks.  I didn't want to mention this until I got far enough along to know it will actually be completed.

I wanted animations of all of the weapons/monsters on the site somewhere, but didn't want just a gif of it.  So, thanks to HTML5's canvas element, this is possible.  Also, I wanted an excuse to mess around with the new canvas element. :)

Interface:

It does what the top of the image suggests.  You select a weapon or monster from the top and it displays on the ground.  From there, you can move the stick figure (if you've selected a weapon) left or right using the arrow keys, and swing the selected weapon to see its animation.

If you select a monster, it will display that monster on the ground and you will be able to move that monster left or right to see its walking animation, then press another key to see its attacking animation.

This is by no means a SO replica nor does it use anything from the game other than images.  It is strictly just made to display the animations of the things in the game.

I may add more to it, but all of that is still being thought of.  Feel free to post any suggestions or questions you have.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Forum

Does meiun aprove of this? since you are using some of his stuff or idk.
Officially quitted

igufed

Quote from: Forum on September 02, 2011, 06:46:40 PM
Does meiun aprove of this? since you are using some of his stuff or idk.

Yes.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

sly 3 4 me

It looks very awesome, especially to test out, even more probably for the newer players. It would probably be awesome to see the Sand Golem attack if a new player uses this and views the epicness which Stick Online and the canvas overlay allow.

Celson

Wow. That looks really cool mate. Looking forward to it :D

sayers6

Hatchet is dropped by blue blobs and I believe bandits. Atleast I know it was.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: sayers6 on September 03, 2011, 12:36:00 AM
Hatchet is dropped by blue blobs and I believe bandits. Atleast I know it was.

It is only available via the store.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php