News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Dungeon Defenders

Started by Scotty, November 02, 2011, 11:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Anyone play this game?  It looks like a lot of fun, incorporating a lot of different other successful game's concepts into their own.  For $15 bucks, I'll have to pick this up on Steam tonight:

http://dungeondefenders.com/

Prosper

I've tried it a few days. It has a lot of potential and its pretty fun. It works on Linux under Wine which is a big plus too. I got bored after that and deleted it deemed it unworthy of keeping/purchasing.

T-Rok

I own it on my iPhone. It's quite intriguing and good to pass the time.

Meiun

I got it on Steam, as well as on my phone (cross platform play possible of course). Honestly haven't tried it too much yet, but seems like it could be pretty fun assuming you get a good group going.

Scotty

Went and bought it on Steam, if anyone's interested in trying it out in multiplayer, feel free to let me know.

Chaos111

i got it a while ago, i'm up for a group :D
Life is only the beginning of the story.

igufed

Just played 7 hours of it with Scotty and Noah.  I'm definitely liking it after getting the hang of it.. 
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Scotty

Scotty

For any of the casual players who haven't been on the game since the xmas event began, I highly suggest you get on and go to your tavern.  There's a whopping 20 million mana under the Christmas tree for you!!

Scotty

Uber-bump!

I've been re-invigorating interest in the game since they've been regularly updating it with new DLC (new missions, items, hero classes, etc), and Snakeman and I are up for a game in an hour if anyone is interested.

Only catch, we are lazy, and we'd like to stick to using Teamspeak as the communication vehicle, so please consider that if you are up for some games.  If you can't make it in an hour (@ 7:30PM EST), we'll definitely continue playing over time, so let us know!

Yankyal

I have this game, play it every now and then with a friend.

It's definitely great for its price, even though you have to  pay more to get the other races and such. And after you level your first character, you can level up all your alts really easily.

I think more games should have a system like this...no one likes grinding over and over to level up every new character.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Scotty

Quote from: Yankyal on July 19, 2012, 01:39:31 PM
I think more games should have a system like this...no one likes grinding over and over to level up every new character.

Guess that depends on how you define grind, or more importantly, what this game does to make the grind more bearable.

To me, grinding means repetitive actions taken to achieve an end-goal.  Some games have very monotonous grinds, some games make it less boring, but one thing is for certain, all games have a grind-factor to some extent, RPG style games worse than others.  I think Dungeon Defenders makes it more interesting as you can always go grab a second character during the build phase and use him to place defenses, thus adding much more variety to the combat phase, making it more enjoyable than just being stuck with one option.

I'm curious as to what your opinion is on how this game works to make the grind more enjoyable.

Yankyal

Quote from: Scotty on July 19, 2012, 01:57:22 PM
Quote from: Yankyal on July 19, 2012, 01:39:31 PM

Guess that depends on how you define grind, or more importantly, what this game does to make the grind more bearable.

To me, grinding means repetitive actions taken to achieve an end-goal.  Some games have very monotonous grinds, some games make it less boring, but one thing is for certain, all games have a grind-factor to some extent, RPG style games worse than others.  I think Dungeon Defenders makes it more interesting as you can always go grab a second character during the build phase and use him to place defenses, thus adding much more variety to the combat phase, making it more enjoyable than just being stuck with one option.

I'm curious as to what your opinion is on how this game works to make the grind more enjoyable.
They remove the grind completely. After you level your first character to ~74 you can get your 2nd to level 70 in 30 minutes if you wanted. Just gives an option to avoid leveling all over again.

Unlike for example WoW where you have to suffer through collecting bear asses and spider sperm for weeks(if you don't have oodles of free time) every time you want a new 85 character.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10