News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Josh, December 12, 2011, 10:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4ee6c19da6979854600534
League of legends... A DOTA style game.
I recently started playing this game, its a lot of fun although I am not particularly good at it.
Of course, this is a free game. But not yet available on Mac.
Has anyone played it, heard of it, playing it?
My name in game is 3Joshua so if anyone wants to join me...

http://www.youtube.com/user/RiotGamesInc
http://www.mobafire.com/

Meiun

Yep, really fun game. Haven't played it in quite a while though. I believe there is already a topic for it buried here somewhere. Also, i'm pretty sure they shut down the Mac version to just focus all their efforts on the PC just fyi.

T-Rok

I play it.. A lot. So much so that I own almost every champion. >.> It's sad, I know. But alas, I have no life.

My name is St Arkyn if anyone is looking for a game. There are about 20 or so of us St's as well. So you've probably run into a few of us before.

EpicPhailure

I play with friends. I usually play the support role, occasionally tank. I play Janna and Lux for support.

Torch

My account is InfernoJesus

I haven't played in a while though.

Prosper

I played it for a few months  a year or two ago. Just for everyone's info. Heroes of Newerth (HoN) is pretty much the same thing, based on DOTA from Warcraft 3 and it is cross-platform. There are installers for Windows/Mac/Linux. Its a little more based on Good vs Evil theme where 2 factions have their own version of similar heroes. and I recon there are 3 general types of heroes like Tank, DPS.. and I dont recall the 3rd type perhaps carry.

T-Rok

Quote from: Prosper on December 14, 2011, 09:43:51 AM
I played it for a few months  a year or two ago. Just for everyone's info. Heroes of Newerth (HoN) is pretty much the same thing, based on DOTA from Warcraft 3 and it is cross-platform. There are installers for Windows/Mac/Linux. Its a little more based on Good vs Evil theme where 2 factions have their own version of similar heroes. and I recon there are 3 general types of heroes like Tank, DPS.. and I dont recall the 3rd type perhaps carry.

HoN also costs money. Is glitched beyond belief and sometimes even playability. Has DotA's unforgiving and unwelcoming community. You left those parts out. There should be more than 3 as well. Tank, DPS, Caster, and Support. On top of the base 4, there are combinations of those as well. Such as Support-Caster and Tank-DPS.

krele

I play it competitively in my country. We've won some local tourneys, but recently stopped playing because our support role had some bad shit happening in his personal life. There is 5 of us, so I'm currently converting from ad carry to support role (same lane, so more playing experience than my teammates) -.-"

I mostly play Vayne, Caitlyn, Tristana, Kog'Maw and Ashe... But since I'm forced to move to support (since in my team nobody is willing to) I'm playing Sona, Soraka and Janna.

Lucifer

Quote from: T-Rok on December 14, 2011, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: Prosper on December 14, 2011, 09:43:51 AM

HoN also costs money. Is glitched beyond belief and sometimes even playability. Has DotA's unforgiving and unwelcoming community. You left those parts out. There should be more than 3 as well. Tank, DPS, Caster, and Support. On top of the base 4, there are combinations of those as well. Such as Support-Caster and Tank-DPS.
Actually, HoN is free to play now. Can't say anything about the rest, never played it.

Anyways, used to play LoL, used to play DotA for that matter, never really caught my interest enough to keep me addicted. I personally never liked the entire Rune concept in LoL, I prefered DotA's straight and simple skill vs. skill, no background statistics involved. It also kept nerfing the heroes I enjoyed the most, like Twisted Fate. I remember in the old topic I was so in to Twisted Fate that I wrote up an entire guide on how to play him effectively. I'm sure the changes were necessary, and he's probably fine and dandy nowadays, but he's no longer the character I once loved.

It's a fun game, I'm glad they finally brought the concept of DotA out of its little Warcraft shell. They did try once before, anyone remember Demigod? I actually really enjoyed that game.

Mr Pwnage

I actually until reading this had no idea LoL was free. I've seen many people playing it at school so I figured I'd make an account and give it a shot. Been pretty fun so far, I've always sucked at DotA because purchasing items was too confusing of a process, but in this game it's much more straightforward which I enjoy. If any of you want  to add me, IGN is "Wartika".
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lucifer on December 14, 2011, 03:19:45 PM
It also kept nerfing the heroes I enjoyed the most, like Twisted Fate. I remember in the old topic I was so in to Twisted Fate that I wrote up an entire guide on how to play him effectively. I'm sure the changes were necessary, and he's probably fine and dandy nowadays, but he's no longer the character I once loved.

TF pretty much sucks ever since they nerfed the global teleports for Pantheon and TF. Now, their ults have a radius around them of from middle lane to between Dragon and the side lane bushes. He's still viable, but it's just that he's not as powerful as other big time carries anymore.

Anyways, my opinion towards HoN is that they're merely emulating the style of DotA rather than trying to expand, and that'll hurt them once DotA 2 comes out (assuming Valve doesn't utterly fail at improving the game). In addition, their business model is pretty terrible, one of the kinds of games that only allow you to access a portion of the content until you shell out the cash, and this reflects in the competition levels in tournaments and such when comparing LoL and HoN.

Prosper

My point is : LoL > HoN

LoL = Crap with Wine
HoN = Can install on native mac or linux

So if you dont run windows and want to play a DOTA like game well you are left with HoN.

Mr Pwnage

Yeah so...we kinda won this game.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

krele

Lucifer

Badump.

Gotten myself re-addicted, thanks to that turdmongler Wart. Been reacquainting myself with Twisted Fate, moreso on AP this time around. Level 21 now with ~40% of my rune page filled up, slowly making my way towards 30. If anyone wants to playc add SatansPenguin to your friends list, nudge me on MSN (Check my profile), or hop on Scotty's Teamspeak.