News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Anxiety Issues

Started by Freeforall, January 10, 2012, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

My friend Val does have trichotillomania. I am trying to get her a book she wanted called:

Trichotillomania Physcology by P Paulson

Can any of you help me out? I can't find a working torrent anywhere. Please, someone? It's really important.

Freeforall

I guess no one could find that book? Not a big deal, it's quite alright.

I had a REALLY bad breakdown today.. Still feeling pretty bad.

crozier

What do you mean by REALLY bad?
Well I hope you feel better man..

Freeforall

I guess it wasn't terrible.. I had a stomach ache, and I assumed something was terribly wrong. I had a panic attack, it lasted for about an hour. It just sucks, I wish there was a way to get rid of this anxiety, but I really doubt it..

Jake

Quote from: Freeforall on January 22, 2012, 12:55:59 AM
I guess it wasn't terrible.. I had a stomach ache, and I assumed something was terribly wrong. I had a panic attack, it lasted for about an hour. It just sucks, I wish there was a way to get rid of this anxiety, but I really doubt it..
See a therapist and learn breathing and thought techniques. Don't touch pills unless your anxiety gets unbearable. I'm serious. Get on it.

Freeforall

Quote from: Jake on January 22, 2012, 01:31:28 AM
See a therapist and learn breathing and thought techniques. Don't touch pills unless your anxiety gets unbearable. I'm serious. Get on it.
I am already taking medicine for it. I have been for about 4-5 years.

Jake

Quote from: Freeforall on January 22, 2012, 01:40:04 AM
Quote from: Jake on January 22, 2012, 01:31:28 AM
I am already taking medicine for it. I have been for about 4-5 years.
which ones? if you don't mind me asking. Zoloft, prozac?

Yankyal

Have you guys tried smoking trees. I hear that stuff works wonders for anxiety, but I also hear it can make it worse.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Mr Pwnage

Well in my own personal experience I can tell you medicines only made it worse for me. One day I just stopped taking all that stuff and decided to figure out to handle things for myself and that's when all issues went away. I am basically anti-drug for anything that doesn't cure illness. I think all mood stabilizers are just a big scam and a way for pharmacies to get people dependent on something and take their money. It sounds corny, but power of the mind really is a wonderful thing, and everyone has it. You only fear the world as much as you want to, and despite how hopeless it seems, just thinking positive can make all the difference. Of course, it's easier said than done...but that's part of the challenge of life!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Freeforall

I think it's prozac, it says anti-depressant on it. I wish I didn't have to take it, but if I miss more that one dose, my anxiety goes haywire..

11clock

Quote from: Yankyal on January 22, 2012, 05:04:26 AM
Have you guys tried smoking trees. I hear that stuff works wonders for anxiety, but I also hear it can make it worse.

Yeah, go smoke! Lung cancer is definably better than anxiety... ::)

Anyways, I suggest relaxing puzzle games, take your mind off of things.

God-I-Suck

aha i'm pretty sure smoking marijuana does not give you lung cancer :P

play yugioh. (:

11clock

Quote from: God-I-Suck on January 23, 2012, 07:27:57 PM

play yugioh. (:
Whatever, it's still bad for you. Don't believe me? I'll give you the list of side effects if you don't. :P

Besides, there are much better ways to help with anxiety.

EDIT: Here ya go. http://www.marijuana-addiction.net/marijuana-side-effects.htm

Scotty

Quote from: 11clock on January 23, 2012, 08:05:33 PM

play yugioh. (:
Whatever, it's still bad for you. Don't believe me? I'll give you the list of side effects if you don't. :P

Here we go with the derailment...

In a drastic attempt to keep this from going into another weed debate, I'll pull a Scott:

Copious amounts of masturbation, warms the soul.

Yankyal

Quote from: Scotty on January 23, 2012, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: 11clock on January 23, 2012, 08:05:33 PM

play yugioh. (:

Here we go with the derailment...

In a drastic attempt to keep this from going into another weed debate, I'll pull a Scott:

Copious amounts of masturbation, warms the soul.
Whatever, it's still bad for you. Don't believe me? I'll give you the list of side effects if you don't.

EDIT: Here ya go. http://anonymousradioshow.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/dangers-of-masturbation.jpg
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10