News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Anxiety Issues

Started by Freeforall, January 10, 2012, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

Quote from: Jake on January 28, 2012, 06:48:29 PM
Quote from: Titan on January 28, 2012, 04:41:36 PM
Good for you, at least you don't fall into peer pressure easily.  :P
I would argue that anyone that is a Christian is falling into peer pressure.
Without peer pressure, we would have no morality system. Peer pressure is a social necessity.

Jake

Quote from: Torch on January 28, 2012, 06:52:00 PM
Without peer pressure, we would have no morality system. Peer pressure is a social necessity.
That's assuming that people only act moral because of how they were raised. People can be logically moral too... Although I would definitely agree that most peoples sense of right and wrong is directly influenced by their childhood.

Mystery

Peer pressure =/= forcing someone to act in a certain way to avoid consequences. It's just a very nice thing that some people find the thought of doing anything to break those rules deplorable(whether they don't like breaking rules or don't agree with doing the actions that are forbidden).

Quote from: 11clock on January 28, 2012, 04:10:02 PM
Don't worry, I'm not one of those Christians who tell others that they're wrong. While I believe that they are wrong, there's no point to telling them that, it doesn't change anything. I have a best friend who is Atheist (Mystery), and while I wish that he could see the light, I don't bug him about it. It's not a Christian's job to save people, it's a Christian's job to share the Gospel and let people know of the option to become a follower. If they choose not to follow Jesus, that's their choice. I don't hate those who aren't followers. Sadly, there will always be Christians that make us look bad, and give others more reason to hate us. This concludes my rant.
Well put.

Three short things I'd like to add:

Atheist isn't capitalized because it's not a proper noun like religious words are. Although I don't personally care.  :P

I take the time to read religious texts. I've read the 3 big ones several times: the Jewish Tanakh, the Christian Bible, and the Islamic Quran. I've also looked at historical data in-depth, and take the time to observe followers conducting their daily actions.

As an extension of the second point, after looking at everything, I couldn't follow any religion even if I wanted to. In fact, I'd say the single biggest thing which pushed me to becoming(or rather, realizing I was atheist all along)an atheist was reading the Bible.

EDIT: Note I was NEVER religious in my entire life, I just decided to look at opposing viewpoints.

I'd say someone should create a topic on religious views to discuss this further, but I doubt anyone will be up to the task of doing it, and I like my lack of created topics.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Yankyal

Quote from: Mystery on January 28, 2012, 06:58:06 PM
Peer pressure =/= forcing someone to act in a certain way to avoid consequences. It's just a very nice thing that some people find the thought of doing anything to break those rules deplorable(whether they don't like breaking rules or don't agree with doing the actions that are forbidden).

Quote from: 11clock on January 28, 2012, 04:10:02 PM
Don't worry, I'm not one of those Christians who tell others that they're wrong. While I believe that they are wrong, there's no point to telling them that, it doesn't change anything. I have a best friend who is Atheist (Mystery), and while I wish that he could see the light, I don't bug him about it. It's not a Christian's job to save people, it's a Christian's job to share the Gospel and let people know of the option to become a follower. If they choose not to follow Jesus, that's their choice. I don't hate those who aren't followers. Sadly, there will always be Christians that make us look bad, and give others more reason to hate us. This concludes my rant.
Well put.

Three short things I'd like to add:

Atheist isn't capitalized because it's not a proper noun like religious words are. Although I don't personally care.  :P

I take the time to read religious texts. I've read the 3 big ones several times: the Jewish Tanakh, the Christian Bible, and the Islamic Quran. I've also looked at historical data in-depth, and take the time to observe followers conducting their daily actions.

As an extension of the second point, after looking at everything, I couldn't follow any religion even if I wanted to. In fact, I'd say the single biggest thing which pushed me to becoming(or rather, realizing I was atheist all along)an atheist was reading the Bible.

I'd say someone should create a topic on religious views to discuss this further, but I doubt anyone will be up to the task of doing it, and I like my lack of created topics.
I GOT YOU BRO
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Mystery

TANK

i had some social problems in school, actually i went into homeschool and am on some medication because of it. Some people probably have alot worse anxiety then me but it was pretty bad, i would imagine people saying things about me and started to have hallucinations of things happening that didnt. Shortly after they took me out of the public it went away. I think being alone and to yourself and having lots of time to think about possible situations is the best way to calm anxiety if that helps any of you guys.

Yankyal

Quote from: TANK on January 28, 2012, 11:02:21 PM
i had some social problems in school, actually i went into homeschool and am on some medication because of it. Some people probably have alot worse anxiety then me but it was pretty bad, i would imagine people saying things about me and started to have hallucinations of things happening that didnt. Shortly after they took me out of the public it went away. I think being alone and to yourself and having lots of time to think about possible situations is the best way to calm anxiety if that helps any of you guys.
It's the opposite for me. The more time I have left to myself the more it sucks to go back into the public. I find it's sometimes better to be forced into social situations over and over until I get so annoyed of being nervous that I just say "!@#$ it".
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

TANK

yeah thats whats worrying me, im beginning to become a hermit and wonder if i will ever get back into society. I think i just need to take a leap of faith and try to go back to school. just posted because i was wondering if anyone else has had this kind of problem and got over it.

11clock

I'm NOT Christian because of peer pressure. While I was raised a Christian, I later on looked at the Bible logically and saw some things about it that I started questioning. My twin brother has been able to answer every question I had about the Bible, so now I find it more logical to follow the Bible than to become an atheist. 40 people who lived in different time periods and three different languages coming up with such a huge lie I find to be very unlikely, and there's also the fact that some of the writers of the Bible knew Jesus in person. I've never fallen under peer pressure, and probably never will.

Please don't come up with such broad generalizations, thank you.

Jake

Quote from: 11clock on January 29, 2012, 12:03:22 AM
I'm NOT Christian because of peer pressure. While I was raised a Christian, I later on looked at the Bible logically and saw some things about it that I started questioning. My twin brother has been able to answer every question I had about the Bible, so now I find it more logical to follow the Bible than to become an atheist. 40 people who lived in different time periods and three different languages coming up with such a huge lie I find to be very unlikely, and there's also the fact that some of the writers of the Bible knew Jesus in person. I've never fallen under peer pressure, and probably never will.

Please don't come up with such broad generalizations, thank you.
If you were born in Iraq, you'd be a Muslim. If you were born in India, you'd be a Hindu. If you were born in Ancient Greece, you'd pray to Athena. The religion you follow can easily be explained through geography and culture. The problem is, since you were raised Christian, it's extremely hard to see the flaws in that religion because they seem so normal. If you were never taught a thing about Christianity, and somebody introduced you to the bible at age 18, would you really believe the far-fetched stories? Moses parting the red sea, Jesus turning water into wine, 2 of everyone animal on an arc that survived the flooding of the entire world? The answer is no. In fact, if you only had the bible and didn't have other viewpoints from friends and relatives about what the bible was teaching, your version of Christianity would be entirely different than what you follow now. The message the bible is trying to convey can be received in thousands of ways.

If you take your faith seriously, it's important to be skeptical about it. When I was around 17, I took my faith very seriously. I wanted to prove Christianity correct. I didn't just bounce some ideas off a family member, I debated people. I tried to argue points of intelligent design, irreducible complexity, the hard problem of consciousness, to prove my religion correct. After a while, I realized that the rationalizations I was using to prove my religion were actually casting doubts in my mind on it's validity. If you're relatively satisfied with your beliefs, you haven't studied them enough.

kensuga

At 6 Pages, sorry I'm not going to make any comments on the posts prior to mine as of yet, unless i decide to spend the time reviewing it all, but I deal with anxiety issues as well, and have for a good 4 years now. I posted its detailing information along with other problems that I have on my facebook, so ill just copy/paste that onto here. I'm rather open with it, because that has helped ease it as far as I can tell.

This includes my Anxiety problems, and their Ranking system I've dubbed to it, along with Hallucinations I've had, which have some relation to Anxiety, considering the ranking system and how they cause an anxiety attack to occur, along with a nightmare which was also similar as relation to the hallucinations.

"Firstly, since freshman year, I have had problem's with anxiety issues, in which I have had anxiety attacks regularly. Progressivly over the year's following thus far, it seems to have magnifiesd 3x from is inital level of what I will refer to as pain, due to that being the most relative factor in an anxiety attack for me. Also, as of a more recent occurence this year, I have started having hallucinations for short bursts of time, which shall also be listed. Following shall be the ranking system in which I rank an anxiety attack, along with signs that may reveal themselves as to if I'm having an attack or not, as well as a list of all hallucinations I have had, and related information.

Anxiety Attack Ranking System:
Note that progressive levels of the attacks all retain previous level's properties.

Level 1(Lv.1): A feeling of a hole or void in the dead center of my chest
Signs: None revealed.

Level 2(Lv.2): Along with the void feeling, a feeling of decreasing temperature

Level 3(Lv.3): Sharp pain in the dead center of the void, along with previous features
Signs: None revealed, but there may be times in which i attempt to distance myself from others.

Level 4(Lv.4): A burning sensation in the dead center of my chest, and when touched physically in the location, the skin is rather sensitive, also retaining all previous features.
Signs: Agitation and personal distancing from others.

Level 5(Lv.5): A feeling of what I can only describe as cracks coming from that circle outward throughout the torso along with all previous properties. Sharp pain escalates.
Signs: Impatience, agitation, repetitive movement and distancing of the self from others.

Level 6(Lv.6): Cold feeling enveloped along the entire body, except the dead center of the void as stated previously, along with all previous properties.
Signs: A bit of fidgeting, agitation, very impatient, frustration and distanced.

Level 7(Lv.7): Crack sensation developes heat similar to the center of the void as well as all previous symptoms. Sharp pain escalates.
Signs: Likely to notice I'm definatly uncomfortable and most likely by that point have gone to the nurses office, as well as constant movement and uncontrolled action's as far as controlling my own hand's. Usually rubbing my legs and or am pacing.

Level 8(Lv.8): Stopped movement because of a sharp pain caused by the feeling of the cracks, that escalates whenever movement occurs, and usually I will not move position for a good minute or so. This has occured 3 times and is very uncommon. Also retains all previous symptoms.
Signs: Same as level sevens signs as well as being able to notice my stopped movement.

Sidenote : The stopped movement may occur in a Lv.5 attack or higher, but not of the same calibur.

Level 9(Lv.9): Very intense burning and sharp pain in the chest and I will forcibly make myself be alone in such situation, as well as most of the other symptoms excluding 8.
Signs: I completely remove myself from others company and usually am rubbing my chest and am in pain.

Level 10(Lv.10): The unknown. I have not had what I would consider a level 10 because since the attacks have progressed from their original levels of pain as well as number of occurance, I leave 10 as a unidentified possibility for future events.

- These attacks usually are withing the 1-5 tier of attacks, and occur 11-16 times daily -

List of seen Hallucinations:
1. An older purple car driving into the car I was in

2.Color distortion on my walls, along with a orange colored cat.

3.School hallway flooring shaping into a curved cube with a design that formed before my eyes.

4.School gates untangling themselfs

5.Floor and walls around me moving, shaking as well as being waved.

6.The eye of my nightmare (See below)

7.The figure of my nightmare (See below)

8.Completely empty street, which then after was back to normal

9.Burgundy egg shaped rock with envy colored leaving below it, surrounded by blue crystal shaped lights.

10.Japanese drawing style of a Lion on the ceiling of my physics room.

11.Dead Body of a girl, face covered in blood, first standing, and a blink later on the ground, and then gone.

Nightmare:
At one point I was having a repeated nightmare for a good 5 months that reoccured at least 17 times, with the same exact events as well as vivid memory of the dream itself, down to the point where I could re-enact the actions I took in the dream. The hallucination as refered to above is part of the dream, but the timing of both are very far apart, due to the dream happening almost a year ago, and the hallucination occuring about 2 months ago. Further description of the dream can be requested if asked for."

Also, this is my first post being back to Stick Online. I played originally when the server was F2P at the begining of the game, Black & White. Named IBankaiI back then. Sorry for the long post.

GFX-DoerPerson

TANK

watch out man you might need to be put on some meds. I used to have chronic nightmares and hallucinations at school like me thinking kids/teachers were saying things they werent as we were having conversations. i also had problems where faces would change almost as if they looked angry and chineese and i would see flashes of colours randomly. That all went away after i was put on some anxiety meds though, i also had the heartburn like feeling when i was anxious and i would mess and bite the colar of my shirt almost as if i needed to do it. Im pretty interested to hear what you're dreams are about maybe there like mine.

kensuga

The dream was in full detail down to the movement of material's that I can remember. What would happen is that I would be in third person, viewing myself laying on the bed. I would in the dream on the bed, have an anxiety attack that woke me up, and from void as described in the previous post, would literally appear as a dark hole on the body. The third person self would then look into the hole, and two dark hands would reach out of the hole, they were shadowed as far as I can remember, the hands actual shape is out of memory, and inside the center, there would be a blood red eye in the center, white outside, but the center would be blood red with the black pupil. The third person me would then start freaking out, as the hands started opening the hole larger,  and the me laying down in the dream, then seems either dead or passed out. The 3rd person me then runs out of the room, and checks around the house I live in, (this all takes place inside my acutal home) and look to see if anybody is home, which nobody is. The lights are also all off, as i search and do not turn on. I see the lighting from the living room though, which could be recognized as clouded skys, and I enter the living room area, and go to open the door which in turn, does not budge a bit. I hear a thump and check to see if I can break the windows, which I cant. I turn around then to see a black figure, which I couldnt completely make out, with the red eye, except two of them on both sides, and it hits me through the window breaking it, and takes my right arm with it. And out of panic, I run out of the side gate in my yard to the side of the mountain, and I look out to see the streets full of empty cars and dark shadowings. Then I wake up.

GFX-DoerPerson

TANK

ah ive never had anything like that. Usually my dreams start with me doing something, i normally cant remember what, then i realize im dreaming and look around to try and find my mom and dad or someone so i dont have to be alone because i know somethings coming. Then something starts chasing me and i can then suddenly fly, but no matter how fast i fly it always is catching up to me. Most the time its a doll or something from a horror movie or something random, i usually wake up and cant remember when i got caught but i know i did. When im not having dreams like that there usually !@#$ed up disturbing dreams i try not to think about or remember ( i think i watch to much porn ).

Mystery

Quote from: kensuga on February 03, 2012, 10:20:25 PM
At 6 Pages, sorry I'm not going to make any comments on the posts prior to mine as of yet, unless i decide to spend the time reviewing it all, but I deal with anxiety issues as well, and have for a good 4 years now. I posted its detailing information along with other problems that I have on my facebook, so ill just copy/paste that onto here. I'm rather open with it, because that has helped ease it as far as I can tell.

This includes my Anxiety problems, and their Ranking system I've dubbed to it, along with Hallucinations I've had, which have some relation to Anxiety, considering the ranking system and how they cause an anxiety attack to occur, along with a nightmare which was also similar as relation to the hallucinations.

"Firstly, since freshman year, I have had problem's with anxiety issues, in which I have had anxiety attacks regularly. Progressivly over the year's following thus far, it seems to have magnifiesd 3x from is inital level of what I will refer to as pain, due to that being the most relative factor in an anxiety attack for me. Also, as of a more recent occurence this year, I have started having hallucinations for short bursts of time, which shall also be listed. Following shall be the ranking system in which I rank an anxiety attack, along with signs that may reveal themselves as to if I'm having an attack or not, as well as a list of all hallucinations I have had, and related information.

Note that progressive levels of the attacks all retain previous level's properties.

Level 1(Lv.1): A feeling of a hole or void in the dead center of my chest

Level 2(Lv.2): Along with the void feeling, a feeling of decreasing temperature

Level 3(Lv.3): Sharp pain in the dead center of the void, along with previous features
Signs: None revealed, but there may be times in which i attempt to distance myself from others.

Level 4(Lv.4): A burning sensation in the dead center of my chest, and when touched physically in the location, the skin is rather sensitive, also retaining all previous features.
Signs: Agitation and personal distancing from others.

Level 5(Lv.5): A feeling of what I can only describe as cracks coming from that circle outward throughout the torso along with all previous properties. Sharp pain escalates.
Signs: Impatience, agitation, repetitive movement and distancing of the self from others.

Level 6(Lv.6): Cold feeling enveloped along the entire body, except the dead center of the void as stated previously, along with all previous properties.
Signs: A bit of fidgeting, agitation, very impatient, frustration and distanced.

Level 7(Lv.7): Crack sensation developes heat similar to the center of the void as well as all previous symptoms. Sharp pain escalates.
Signs: Likely to notice I'm definatly uncomfortable and most likely by that point have gone to the nurses office, as well as constant movement and uncontrolled action's as far as controlling my own hand's. Usually rubbing my legs and or am pacing.

Level 8(Lv.8): Stopped movement because of a sharp pain caused by the feeling of the cracks, that escalates whenever movement occurs, and usually I will not move position for a good minute or so. This has occured 3 times and is very uncommon. Also retains all previous symptoms.
Signs: Same as level sevens signs as well as being able to notice my stopped movement.

Sidenote : The stopped movement may occur in a Lv.5 attack or higher, but not of the same calibur.

Level 9(Lv.9): Very intense burning and sharp pain in the chest and I will forcibly make myself be alone in such situation, as well as most of the other symptoms excluding 8.
Signs: I completely remove myself from others company and usually am rubbing my chest and am in pain.

Level 10(Lv.10): The unknown. I have not had what I would consider a level 10 because since the attacks have progressed from their original levels of pain as well as number of occurance, I leave 10 as a unidentified possibility for future events.

- These attacks usually are withing the 1-5 tier of attacks, and occur 11-16 times daily -

List of seen Hallucinations:
1. An older purple car driving into the car I was in

2.Color distortion on my walls, along with a orange colored cat.

3.School hallway flooring shaping into a curved cube with a design that formed before my eyes.

4.School gates untangling themselfs

5.Floor and walls around me moving, shaking as well as being waved.

6.The eye of my nightmare (See below)

7.The figure of my nightmare (See below)

8.Completely empty street, which then after was back to normal

9.Burgundy egg shaped rock with envy colored leaving below it, surrounded by blue crystal shaped lights.

10.Japanese drawing style of a Lion on the ceiling of my physics room.

11.Dead Body of a girl, face covered in blood, first standing, and a blink later on the ground, and then gone.

Nightmare:
At one point I was having a repeated nightmare for a good 5 months that reoccured at least 17 times, with the same exact events as well as vivid memory of the dream itself, down to the point where I could re-enact the actions I took in the dream. The hallucination as refered to above is part of the dream, but the timing of both are very far apart, due to the dream happening almost a year ago, and the hallucination occuring about 2 months ago. Further description of the dream can be requested if asked for."

Also, this is my first post being back to Stick Online. I played originally when the server was F2P at the begining of the game, Black & White. Named IBankaiI back then. Sorry for the long post.
Speaking as someone who had extraordinarily bad hallucinations daily for a long time after being take off of a very high level of Prozac, I can say that I've felt the same way. I could go into detail about them, but suffice to say they are worse than most people's worst nightmares.

Also, looking at your Anxiety Attack Ranking System, I feel many of those higher-level manifestations, although if I had to assign levels to them, I would go up to Level 15(Lv. 15). However, I can control Lv.1-14 and dull them, ignoring physical actions and responses completely. I feel the pain, but my tolerance is so high for it now it's nothing more than just tiring and irritating to deal with.

Level 10(Lv.10): My experience: The pain in the chest has dulled over and been replaced by an extremely disconcerting numbness. My mental processes seem to fold in on themselves and become warped and depressive to the point of complete debilitation. It's near impossible to focus on anything and to keep my mind from freaking out I am essentially forced to daydream for the entire duration of this. The beginning of actual psychological pain.
Signs: Inability to focus, glazed-over eyes, dulled sensitivity.

Level 11(Lv.11): My experience: My psyche begins to strain even more as certain physical manifestations of anxiety become extremely apparent. Thoughts from Lv.10 are retained but become more impulsive. Again, you are at least partially debilitated but are completely unable to control your anxiety-spurned movements.
Signs: All the classic physical signs of anxiety and depression, even more dulled sensitivity.

Level 12(Lv.12): My experience: This level is primarily based on by the fact that thinking properly begins to prove difficult and daydreams are no longer even partially effective. The physical manifestations of anxiety boil over temporarily as you feel even partially insane and start to lose a grip on reality.
Signs: If you attempt to interact with the person in question, not only will they seem to not focus, but they will visibly jump in their level of depression and anxiety and will seem to be extremely scared about their struggle to stay sane.

Level 13(Lv.13): My experience: You finish becoming completely aversive to outside stimuli. Speech is reduced to barely-coherent, high-pitched single-syllable words and only used in order to get people to stop interacting with you. Physical manifestations reappear, worse than before as now when they are triggered, they will often flare up more often.
Signs: Complete inability to interact, serious physical nervous ticks.

Level 14(Lv.14): My experience: Your sanity starts to slip much more rapidly now. If able to and you are left unattended, the following things will happen, your body will be covering your head with your arms and will partially curl up away from the light. You start to focus only on your own thoughts. Your eyes are closed and your body is twitching. If not, you can manage to force yourself to act like you did in Lv.13 or slightly lower. Random physical pain can wrack your body. Outside stimuli is met with being completely ignored.
Signs: Ignoring everything, very obvious reactions as if just being there was painful.

Level 15(Lv.15): My experience: Like Lv.14 but prone to slipping into bouts of extreme anger, sadness, and insanity. Your mind starts to crack as it can't really deal with this anymore. (Even I can't control this level at all, nor deal with it, and I've dealt with things like this my whole life.) If someone who didn't have extremely high tolerance for this sort of thing experienced this level, they would probably go completely temporarily insane.
Signs: Clear signs of extreme negative emotion and loss of rational thinking.

Level 16(Lv.16): My guess is that if I ever experienced this level, I would have to be institutionalized immediately and would stay at this level for several days. The least amount of time I spent in Level 15 is 12 hours. This is probably the brink of permanent insanity, or at least the slide down.

Level 17+(Lv.17): I can't even begin to imagine it.

EDIT: Keep in mind I have a whole slew of problems, and I would consider every fifth level a good tier higher than the previous one. Level 9 to 10 in particular is a huge jump. You'll probably not experience Level 10+.

I'm also doing everything I can not to go to Level 16+.

Anxiety CAN cause all of these things to happen.