News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Lingus, April 17, 2012, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: JoEL on June 19, 2012, 09:03:04 AM
@Scotty
I noticed that people skipped through the game too (I was one of them) because after the first few days everyone had complete at least one difficulty...after that the same story is shown many times over and over as you go through each difficulty. I know this is how diablo is as I played diablo 2. I reckon I've played through each act maybe 20 times already and if someone doesn't skip, I need to. So I'd suggest if you care about the story, play solo.

It's not that people don't care about the story (many people do) it's just they've played through it so many times.

I should have clarified, this was day three of the game's release (in my case).  I was just playing with a bunch of douchecanoes that had no interest in the storyline on the first play through.  After the first play through, sure, skip 'em, I won't be offended, but when I have to play through each act 3-4 times just to get all the different storyline pieces, something's wrong and I need to move on to solo play.

Lingus

Got my copy last night and installed it. Didn't have time to fire it up yet though.

I definitely plan to play through once solo. I am actually thinking of having a character specifically for playing with a couple of my friends. This way we all have a set of characters that stay around the same level and we only play those characters when we're all together. I think the co-op play would be more fun that way.

Joel, I assume you're talking about playing through and beating Inferno? I think it's intentional that it is that difficult. To be completely honest, Diablo 2 was broken in that sense. At first, I could talk a level 1 char and get run through all three difficulties without dying or leveling once, and then run through the cow level to at least level 60 within about an hour. After they nerfed the cow level and it was more about Baal runs, I would say it was still too easy to be rushed through all three difficulties. And then, once you got up to a certain level, you could pretty much manage in any difficulty level without any real need to gear up too much or be all that skilled.

In Diablo 3, from what I hear they are working on the difficulty curve, but basically normal is very easy and lets people run through the game with relative ease so they can get the experience of gameplay and storyline. After that, it progresses so that it becomes challenging at each level of difficulty and you have to increase your gear so that you can survive. Which, to me, is the whole point of increasing levels of difficulty. If they made it simple to run through all levels of difficulty, then what would be the point?

JoEL

Quote from: Lingus on June 19, 2012, 01:00:15 PM
Joel, I assume you're talking about playing through and beating Inferno?

[snip]

In Diablo 3, from what I hear they are working on the difficulty curve, but basically normal is very easy and lets people run through the game with relative ease so they can get the experience of gameplay and storyline. After that, it progresses so that it becomes challenging at each level of difficulty and you have to increase your gear so that you can survive. Which, to me, is the whole point of increasing levels of difficulty. If they made it simple to run through all levels of difficulty, then what would be the point?

Yeah I understand that they intentionally made inferno difficult, but I don't like how they pushed me to use the auction house to upgrade my gear. (just my opinion btw)

Jake

Quote from: JoEL on June 20, 2012, 06:54:41 AM
Quote from: Lingus on June 19, 2012, 01:00:15 PM
Joel, I assume you're talking about playing through and beating Inferno?

[snip]

Yeah I understand that they intentionally made inferno difficult, but I don't like how they pushed me to use the auction house to upgrade my gear. (just my opinion btw)
The majority of people use the auction house. If they made Inferno any easier, they'd be having WAY more people complain that its too easy. Sometimes developers cant make everyone happy.

Lingus

Oh yea, for anyone interested in adding me my battle tag is Lingus#1674

Lingus

I have a question. How many people here like Diablo 3?

Do you guys see the hype about how much people hate this game? People are serious about this.

I just don't get it. I played Diablo 2 for hundreds of hours. I loved the game. I also like playing Diablo 3. I like the improvements they made and I think it has made it a better game... not the worst game ever made as some people seem to think.

It appears that a majority of people dislike the auction house, and that is one of the major reasons for disliking the game. Honestly I don't see the big deal. I'm not sure how much they realized the exact same thing was happening in Diablo 2, except it was illegitimate and massively exploitable. Trading meant joining a game with someone who you didn't know and you or they would drop gear on the ground. Entirely left to trust. And people took advantage of it. I would much rather have their be the option of an auction house that people could use and not be screwed over on. Of course, I have heard that people have gotten screwed over specifically by the auction house not giving them their money, but that's a customer support issue, not a game design issue.

The auction house itself is an optional game component that you can entirely choose to ignore and play the game as usual. And for those people that say it's impossible to find items in the game, well for one the game just recently came out and I know for a fact that they will be tweaking things like drop rates constantly, and secondly shit was hard to find in Diablo 2 also.

So yea... What do you guys think?

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on June 29, 2012, 12:49:01 PM
I have a question. How many people here like Diablo 3?

Do you guys see the hype about how much people hate this game? People are serious about this.

I just don't get it. I played Diablo 2 for hundreds of hours. I loved the game. I also like playing Diablo 3. I like the improvements they made and I think it has made it a better game... not the worst game ever made as some people seem to think.

It appears that a majority of people dislike the auction house, and that is one of the major reasons for disliking the game. Honestly I don't see the big deal. I'm not sure how much they realized the exact same thing was happening in Diablo 2, except it was illegitimate and massively exploitable. Trading meant joining a game with someone who you didn't know and you or they would drop gear on the ground. Entirely left to trust. And people took advantage of it. I would much rather have their be the option of an auction house that people could use and not be screwed over on. Of course, I have heard that people have gotten screwed over specifically by the auction house not giving them their money, but that's a customer support issue, not a game design issue.

The auction house itself is an optional game component that you can entirely choose to ignore and play the game as usual. And for those people that say it's impossible to find items in the game, well for one the game just recently came out and I know for a fact that they will be tweaking things like drop rates constantly, and secondly shit was hard to find in Diablo 2 also.

So yea... What do you guys think?
I pretty much feel the same way. I was loving Diablo 3, went on the forums, and found a bunch of very vocal people that hated the game. What I found funny, was that all of the hate was so inconsistent. Many people thought inferno was too hard, others said it was way too easy, etc. There was one guy that said that leveling didn't feel important anymore, which I thought was utterly retarded. Every single level feels important, unlike Diablo 2, where you didn't learn 1 to 2 new skills every time you leveled up. Most of the complaints are from butt hurt people that don't like change and don't like how things were streamlined for the better.

Also, if you don't like the auction house, don't use it.

Lingus

Quote from: Jake on June 29, 2012, 01:36:37 PMAlso, if you don't like the auction house, don't use it.
Seriously. People are making this out to be a major issue. They are saying that Blizzard has focused the entire game so that you use the AH more and therefore make them more money. In other words, they made it so difficult to find good items that you basically have to go to the auction house to ever have anything usefull. Now, I'm not anywhere near end game, but I was in Diablo 2. I played for hours and hours. I had a magic find sorc. I did Mephisto runs over and over and over again. And you know what? I ended up buying a few items online for my bowazon. There was no way I was ever going to find those specific items simply by doing MF runs. It's the same freaking problem in Diablo 3, except now you have the option of having a legitimate platform for safe transactions instead of worrying if someone is going to take your money and run off with your items. And, in addition to that, if you want to make transactions by dropping shit on the ground and possibly being ripped off, you still can!

But really, that's only one aspect of the game. It's really only the end game content that you would even be affected by this. You can very easily play the game casually without ever using the AH. You could probably even get into the game pretty heavily without using it.

Lucifer

Trading meant joining a game with someone who you didn't know and you or they would drop gear on the ground. Entirely left to trust. And people took advantage of it.
Sorry to nitpick but that was actually Diablo 1, Diablo 2 had a trading menu. There was still of course ways to screw over people, for instance I will always remember the time I joined a game to trade for a shako, the guy showed me the item then made some excuse to close the trade screen. After making up some crap about how he was feeling iffy about the trade, he finally agreed, opened up the trade menu, and put up a magic green cap with some shitty effects. I didn't realize until after I traded. :(

Alas I still haven't gotten the chance to fully test out Diablo 3 as it's still giving my fps trouble for no apparent reason. From what I have played I can say that Diablo 3 is an entirely different game, like the difference between Diablo 1 & Diablo 2, it has taken another step. In the right direction? I don't know, I still have my doubts that this game will actually survive over time as well as its predecessors, but is it fun? Sure it is, and that's all that really matters.

JoEL

Quote from: Lingus on June 29, 2012, 01:52:22 PM
Quote from: Jake on June 29, 2012, 01:36:37 PMAlso, if you don't like the auction house, don't use it.
Seriously. People are making this out to be a major issue. They are saying that Blizzard has focused the entire game so that you use the AH more and therefore make them more money. In other words, they made it so difficult to find good items that you basically have to go to the auction house to ever have anything usefull. Now, I'm not anywhere near end game, but I was in Diablo 2. I played for hours and hours. I had a magic find sorc. I did Mephisto runs over and over and over again. And you know what? I ended up buying a few items online for my bowazon. There was no way I was ever going to find those specific items simply by doing MF runs. It's the same freaking problem in Diablo 3, except now you have the option of having a legitimate platform for safe transactions instead of worrying if someone is going to take your money and run off with your items. And, in addition to that, if you want to make transactions by dropping shit on the ground and possibly being ripped off, you still can!

But really, that's only one aspect of the game. It's really only the end game content that you would even be affected by this. You can very easily play the game casually without ever using the AH. You could probably even get into the game pretty heavily without using it.

I like diablo 3. I played it for sooooo many hours and had a lot of fun, but now I'm bored to be honest. I've stopped playing diablo 3 for about 2 weeks now for a number of reasons. I've played it ever since it came out. I got a few classes to level 60 to try different approaches to inferno out.

The main reasons I quit till they fix the game are:
- Melee classes have it way harder then ranged classes, for example ranged can kite so easy and drop a tonne of damage. Melee have to tank monsters at some point and past act 2 it's impossible, you will constantly get 1 - 2 hit.
- When opening chests/smashing vases or anything that isn't killing monsters, MF is useless.
- Auction House is broken, will cost me 80 million (no exaggeration) to upgrade 1 of my items. There are so many gold farmers/botters that the only way I can get an upgrade from the AH is buy the gold with real money. There is no possible way to grind 80 million gold in this game (currently). (Google this, I read an interview of a Chinese gold farmer using a bot he made to farm gold on over 100 accounts at the same time)
                     - They should remove real money AH all together imo and just make it so you can buy and sell gold through the game. It sucks having to search twice for                     everything when switching to and from the real money/gold AH.
- Blacksmithing / JC is broken, the items you can craft are terrible and cost a seriously large amount of gold for randomly generated stats. Noone uses this. (At least since I last played)
- Not a lot of re-playability. It feels as if the story of the game was rushed for me and so were the acts. They got smaller and shorter as each act went by, act 4 was a bit of a let down.
- Witch Doctor class is a joke, only has 1 viable spec on inferno.

To me, it doesn't really feel much like diablo 2 at all. It doesn't have nearly as much character customization and it feels as if it's just lacking a huge key part that diablo 2 had. I'm hoping that it's just because it was released a bit too early and blizzard will sort out a few of these issues. Hopefully PvP will bring some fun back into the game for me, maybe that's what it's missing. Hopefully the arenas are good :)

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on June 29, 2012, 02:02:39 PM
Trading meant joining a game with someone who you didn't know and you or they would drop gear on the ground. Entirely left to trust. And people took advantage of it.
Sorry to nitpick but that was actually Diablo 1, Diablo 2 had a trading menu.
True, but when I bought something from an online store they just drop it in the game. But yea, it was exploitable either way.

Joel, At least you have some constructive criticism. I was seriously getting a bit frustrated with all of the people spouting off stuff that basically sounds like conspiracy theories.

On the point of how much gold items cost on AH, I read a post about someone who tried selling items for a reasonable price, around 3-5k gold. He wasn't having any luck selling anything and was just stock piling items that should be worth something. He eventually put the items up for in excess of millions of gold and they are now selling like hot cakes. Now, tell me what aspect of the AH is broken there. The AH itself, or the people that use it? If something is priced reasonably, people won't even look at it, but if it's insanely overpriced people will throw their gold at it. It's the players that are screwing up the economy, not the design of the AH, or even botters (well, maybe the fact that botters are putting so much gold into the economy is screwing it up, but just because there is a lot of gold in the economy doesn't mean people can't still price their items reasonably.)

JoEL

I'd say the economy is just broken currently. Hopefully it'll ease off once botters are gone.
QuoteI was seriously getting a bit frustrated with all of the people spouting off stuff that basically sounds like conspiracy theories.
They also frustrated me, they seem like such an ungrateful community...

I'd say the Diablo 3 community is the worst. They have nothing but hate for the game.

Yankyal

Quote from: Lingus on June 29, 2012, 03:08:38 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on June 29, 2012, 02:02:39 PM
Sorry to nitpick but that was actually Diablo 1, Diablo 2 had a trading menu.
True, but when I bought something from an online store they just drop it in the game. But yea, it was exploitable either way.

Joel, At least you have some constructive criticism. I was seriously getting a bit frustrated with all of the people spouting off stuff that basically sounds like conspiracy theories.

On the point of how much gold items cost on AH, I read a post about someone who tried selling items for a reasonable price, around 3-5k gold. He wasn't having any luck selling anything and was just stock piling items that should be worth something. He eventually put the items up for in excess of millions of gold and they are now selling like hot cakes. Now, tell me what aspect of the AH is broken there. The AH itself, or the people that use it? If something is priced reasonably, people won't even look at it, but if it's insanely overpriced people will throw their gold at it. It's the players that are screwing up the economy, not the design of the AH, or even botters (well, maybe the fact that botters are putting so much gold into the economy is screwing it up, but just because there is a lot of gold in the economy doesn't mean people can't still price their items reasonably.)
The reason they didn't see his cheap prices was because unless you put a maximum buyout, the only auctions that show will be the highest prices, in the millions. The people who bought his items for millions and not thousands were simply too stupid to set a maximum buyout.

As for the conspiracy theories, they aren't as crazy as you think. There are blue posts  that say they adjust the drop rates depending on how well the RMAH is doing, but they were deleted. There were posts after 1.0.3 that said blizzard secretly nerfed drop rates and didn't include it in the patch notes, and they WERE true. So far Blizzard has been doing a lot of things in secrecy and there are valid arguments that they do this entirely to support the RMAH.

There are also numerous occasions of people straight up losing their money on the RMAH.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

JoEL

Where is your proof?
"Deleted posts" lol... this isn't really evidence of them not being conspiracies. They've changed the drop rates on previous patch notes and they are actually in the patch notes. Also, who cares if they do support RMAH and adjust the game so people actually use it? Why shouldn't they?

Yankyal

Quote from: JoEL on July 01, 2012, 04:28:06 AM
Where is your proof?
"Deleted posts" lol... this isn't really evidence of them not being conspiracies. They've changed the drop rates on previous patch notes and they are actually in the patch notes. Also, who cares if they do support RMAH and adjust the game so people actually use it? Why shouldn't they?

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/44096/_1340960757.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Beware-Diablo-3-RMAH-Gamer-Loses-149-Auction-House-Bug-44100.html

Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10