News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Lingus, April 17, 2012, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Yankyal on July 02, 2012, 02:35:53 AM
Quote from: JoEL on July 01, 2012, 04:28:06 AM
Where is your proof?
"Deleted posts" lol... this isn't really evidence of them not being conspiracies. They've changed the drop rates on previous patch notes and they are actually in the patch notes. Also, who cares if they do support RMAH and adjust the game so people actually use it? Why shouldn't they?

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/44096/_1340960757.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Beware-Diablo-3-RMAH-Gamer-Loses-149-Auction-House-Bug-44100.html

From Jay Wilson:
Quote from: Jay Wilson June 7th Reddit AMAThe auction house has absolutely no effect on drop rates. There are conspiracy theories and misunderstandings but I do want to re-iterate, the is NO interaction whatsoever. Bashiok mentioned earlier that we took the AH into account, so let me expand a little bit on that.

The drop rates were tuned for a player who would never use the Auction House. For the majority of internal development we didn't have an Auction House, we all played using our own drops only. I've personally leveled multiple characters from 1 to 60 internally before the game came out using only drops that I found - we all did.
When we say we "took the AH into account" that means it's one of many factors. ie. some players will choose to play without trading, some players would play in a group of 4 where they share drops among each other, and some (as it turns out, many) players would use the AH.

Additionally, one example where the game bugged out is not proof of "numerous occasions of people straight up losing money". Now, I've personally seen two or three people sharing stories similar to that one; the thing to note is that people hardly bring forth closure after the dust settles. Most of the people get their money or items back, once they are done with Blizzard CS. It may take awhile, but it doesn't change the fact that everything was returned to normal for them.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

JoEL

Quote from: Yankyal on July 02, 2012, 02:35:53 AM
Quote from: JoEL on July 01, 2012, 04:28:06 AM
Where is your proof?
"Deleted posts" lol... this isn't really evidence of them not being conspiracies. They've changed the drop rates on previous patch notes and they are actually in the patch notes. Also, who cares if they do support RMAH and adjust the game so people actually use it? Why shouldn't they?

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/44096/_1340960757.jpg

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Beware-Diablo-3-RMAH-Gamer-Loses-149-Auction-House-Bug-44100.html

From a random blogger? seems legit?

The only AH glitch I've seen is the one where you can dupe gold from the AH, which was patched. Essentially you could sell an item with a really high buy out that noone would buy and give it a reasonable starting price, once someone bids on it you could change your systems clock and cancel the item on the AH and get the current bid delivered to you. Sometimes the person who bid on it would lose their money, sometimes not. Like I said though, this was patched a while ago.

Yankyal

Quote from: JoEL on July 02, 2012, 09:12:47 AM

The only AH glitch I've seen is the one where you can dupe gold from the AH, which was patched. Essentially you could sell an item with a really high buy out that noone would buy and give it a reasonable starting price, once someone bids on it you could change your systems clock and cancel the item on the AH and get the current bid delivered to you. Sometimes the person who bid on it would lose their money, sometimes not. Like I said though, this was patched a while ago.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978428874

The original thread of the person getting robbed by Blizzard.

Oh, and, Blizzard just banned a SHIT ton of Linux users who were using Wine to play Diablo 3. No refunds or unbans for anyone who got banned.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978861022
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

JoEL

Quote from: Yankyal
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978428874
The original thread of the person getting robbed by Blizzard.

Okay so you've shown 1 link to me about these "numerous cases" that had no blue post. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. This wasn't really what I was looking for, I was talking about drop rates specifically in my post...

Quote from: Yankyal on July 01, 2012, 03:13:07 AM

As for the conspiracy theories, they aren't as crazy as you think. There are blue posts  that say they adjust the drop rates depending on how well the RMAH is doing, but they were deleted. There were posts after 1.0.3 that said blizzard secretly nerfed drop rates and didn't include it in the patch notes, and they WERE true. So far Blizzard has been doing a lot of things in secrecy and there are valid arguments that they do this entirely to support the RMAH.
[snip]

Your post is confusing, but I put the parts that I was talking about in my post in bold.

Lingus

Honestly, I don't even want to see a thread from the Blizzard site. 99 out of 100 posts are people complaining just to complain. And any time someone with some actual logic makes a comment that is in favor of Blizzard, it is followed by another 30 posts of people just completely belittling them. And that Cinemablend website basically sounds like it's any one of the random people on the Blizzard forum who created a website just to complain about Blizzard in a different format.

Yankyal

Quote from: JoEL on July 03, 2012, 09:17:14 AM
As for the conspiracy theories, they aren't as crazy as you think. There are blue posts  that say they adjust the drop rates depending on how well the RMAH is doing, but they were deleted. There were posts after 1.0.3 that said blizzard secretly nerfed drop rates and didn't include it in the patch notes, and they WERE true. So far Blizzard has been doing a lot of things in secrecy and there are valid arguments that they do this entirely to support the RMAH.
[snip]

Your post is confusing, but I put the parts that I was talking about in my post in bold.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150764997?page=3#49

Bashiok himself stating they change drop rates so people can't get gear too easily, and they use the AH to determine whether people are gearing up too fast.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Yankyal on July 04, 2012, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: JoEL on July 03, 2012, 09:17:14 AM
[snip]

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150764997?page=3#49

Bashiok himself stating they change drop rates so people can't get gear too easily, and they use the AH to determine whether people are gearing up too fast.

And are we just ignoring the quote from Jay Wilson, or do we just love rolling around in confirmation biases?

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lingus

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on July 04, 2012, 05:39:02 PMAnd are we just ignoring the quote from Jay Wilson, or do we just love rolling around in confirmation biases?
Yes.

Btw, did you all forget that Yankyal is a troll? I don't really care if he does. I am still happy that the ratio of conspiracy theorists to normal people in this thread is under 1.

Lucifer

Quote from: Lingus on July 05, 2012, 09:27:13 PM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on July 04, 2012, 05:39:02 PMAnd are we just ignoring the quote from Jay Wilson, or do we just love rolling around in confirmation biases?
Yes.

Btw, did you all forget that Yankyal is a troll? I don't really care if he does. I am still happy that the ratio of conspiracy theorists to normal people in this thread is under 1.

1+1=11, 11 is how old I was 8 ears ago, 8 is the number of fingers the normal person has minus their 2 thumbs, 2 is 1 more than 1. OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on July 05, 2012, 10:55:27 PM
Yes.

1+1=11, 11 is how old I was 8 ears ago, 8 is the number of fingers the normal person has minus their 2 thumbs, 2 is 1 more than 1. OH GOD IT'S EVERYWHERE.

RUN FOR THE HILLS!

http://youtu.be/geHLdg_VNww
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Yankyal

I simply read over Cactus's post because I was mainly looking for JoEL's. You're insulting me for a making simple mistake, and your post is the only one insulting anyone in this thread. But yeah I sure am trolling for the lulz xD xD you got me.

Did Blizzard refund the people who lost their money?

JoEL

Quote from: Yankyal on July 08, 2012, 12:42:37 PM
I simply read over Cactus's post because I was mainly looking for JoEL's. You're insulting me for a making simple mistake, and your post is the only one insulting anyone in this thread. But yeah I sure am trolling for the lulz xD xD you got me.

Did Blizzard refund the people who lost their money?

Was just a rumour, not sure if it was actually real. I'm sure they would have if it actually did happen. I'm over talking about this, it's just spreading the hate towards this game from blizzards forums to this thread.

Anyway I logged onto my wizzard the other day and noticed my damage went from 42k to 29k, ouch. The nerf to attack speed nerfed my dps quite harshly :(
Oh well, back to trying to get high crit/crit damage.

Lingus

Quote from: Yankyal on July 08, 2012, 12:42:37 PM
I wasn't trying to insult you dude. It was all meant to be in good nature. I do think you're a bit of a troll, but a friendly one at that. And I have no problem with you posting a differing opinion if you truely believe it. It's just that the whole discussion started because I was getting a bit tired of seeing people posting the same kinds of things you're posting here. It just feels like everyone hates Diablo 3 for these different things that in my opinion don't really matter.

In any case, my comment was meant to be funny while also being truthful, but I didn't mean to offend you if I did.

Jake

The worst are the people that are like "Diablo 3 sucks. I beat it with wizard, monk, Demon hunter, and I've only sunk 200 hours into it and theres already nothing left to do."

That's 60 bucks for 200+ hours of gameplay. Stop effing complaining. If you can play a game for 200 hours before getting bored, that is a good game.

Yankyal

Quote from: Jake on July 09, 2012, 05:57:35 PM
The worst are the people that are like "Diablo 3 sucks. I beat it with wizard, monk, Demon hunter, and I've only sunk 200 hours into it and theres already nothing left to do."

That's 60 bucks for 200+ hours of gameplay. Stop effing complaining. If you can play a game for 200 hours before getting bored, that is a good game.
And when they say they "beat it" they mean they did normal mode on each character.

The game doesn't even start till Hell mode in my opinion.