News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft: Stick Online Battle Royale

Started by Lucifer, April 28, 2012, 12:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Greetings fellow StickCraftians!

An old concept has recently become popular among the Minecraft Community, inspired in part by The Hunger Games. The concept of these "Survival Games" is simple; a group of players get together on a pre-constructed map and battle it out until there is only one survivor. Players do not break blocks, instead of gathering resources themselves the needs of conquest and survival are placed within chests that are scattered about the map, often requiring wit and/or dexterity to be obtained.

The game starts with the players slotted into tubes that circle the center of the map, where before their eyes lies an impressive bounty. 3.. 2.. 1.. Go! Some tempted by greed fall within minutes battling over the riches at the center, whilst others flee to hide and gather, plotting and scheming to find their opponents distracted and defenseless.

A few of us have spent the past couple days constructing the first map, smaller than some Survival Game maps out there to compensate for our less-than-active community, as well as encouraging a faster paced game in general. If we get a good amount of people and demand, larger maps can be made, and help is always appreciated. ; )

The Rules
  • The last player alive wins.
  • You can not break any blocks except leaves and mushrooms.
  • You can not leave the glass boundary, see the above rule.
  • All players must begin with an empty inventory.

Important Notes
  • You may chose which tube you wish to start in. These are first come first serve, some locations are closer to the center bounty, others provide a quicker escape route; chose wisely.
  • Alliances are allowed, but remember that there can only be one victor. Watch your back.
    If you'd like to see an example of some average gameplay check out this video, as well as many others on youtube. These games have varying amount of moderator intervention, we're hoping to have little or none.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhD4NLUlXI

Please post if you are interested in participating! Hopefully we can get our first game started soon. :D

Scotty

Count me in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Trogdor

If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

igufed

I've changed my minecraft server status website to include these 'Battle Royale' events.

You can go to http://status.minecraft.igufed.com to view the info.  Click on 'Battle Royale' to view the info.

Just basic rules/gameplay.  Will include info on each event and the different maps we will use and a zoomed out image of the map just to give people a general idea of what they are.

Just another piece of info for this, there will be at least 1 op during each event.  This op will be placing the items in the chests before their event so only they know what is in each one.  This will change every event; not necessarily the op, but the items in each chest more than likely won't be the same in any event.

The maps will be reset to their original state before each event as well.  Chest locations will stay the same, contents will not.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

T-Rok

This sounds epic. I would certainly consider playing.

Mr Pwnage

I saw this map up on your old server yesterday and wandered around wondering what it was haha. Saw many "igu-beacons". Yeah I'd definitely be down to play, sounds really fun.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy

Jmac

Gufi held a gun to my head and threatened me until I joined. :P But yeah, I'd really enjoy participating in this seeing as I haven't played Minecraft for a while.

Seifer

I forget how to play, but ZOMG ME ME ME

Chaos111

I'd love to participate, I've been looking to play something like this recently  ;D
Life is only the beginning of the story.

Cactuscat222

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

igufed

Anyone interested in doing a little test run of this is welcome to.

Right now the plan is to get a few people together and try it out in about 2 hours or so from now.  ~10:30 or so central time.

So, catch me on MSN (andrew@igufed.com) or Scotty's teamspeak if you're interested in playing.

Matty_Richo

kensuga

My brother lolmaster1253 is willing to enter. He doesn't have a forum acc but hes a member on the game and has minecraft.

GFX-DoerPerson

igufed

Setting up the chests now.  Should be done in 5 minutes or so then the server will be open.

I will remove the whitelist and wait about 15 minutes (so, roughly 20 mins from this post) before starting.

A few of us are on Scotty's teamspeak if you wanted to join that.

TeamSpeak:  jicamadickables.dyndns.org
Minecraft Battle Royale Test Run: minecraft.igufed.com:25566

*Edit for all of you latecomers: We've finished 2 round and are setting up round 3.  Still time to join in.

Edit:  Done for tonight.