News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft: Stick Online Battle Royale

Started by Lucifer, April 28, 2012, 12:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

Quote from: igufed on April 28, 2012, 11:25:07 PM
Setting up the chests now.  Should be done in 5 minutes or so then the server will be open.

I will remove the whitelist and wait about 15 minutes (so, roughly 20 mins from this post) before starting.

A few of us are on Scotty's teamspeak if you wanted to join that.

TeamSpeak:  jicamadickables.dyndns.org
Minecraft Battle Royale Test Run: minecraft.igufed.com:25566

*Edit for all of you latecomers: We've finished 2 round and are setting up round 3.  Still time to join in.

D: I missed out cause I was out being a DD. So not cool.

Seifer

Did you learn your lesson? Either Drink and drive, or don't drive at all.

igufed

I plan on leaving the server up even if there are no events going on.  Just to allow people to get the lay of the land and to even the playing field for those who have already played on or made the map.

Don't modify/build/destroy anything, though, if you can resist.  I do have a clean map backed up, but, I'd like to not have to switch it out every other day from people changing things.

*Edit:  I forgot to change the spawn location.  Now you don't spawn in a bedrock place that you can't get out of.  Sorry about that. ;)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Lucifer

Last night was pretty damn fun. We switched off who would moderate and place items each round, each of us getting an idea as to what works and is fair. There is a definite advantage for those of us who created the map, and as that can't really be avoided I encourage everyone to play and familiarize themselves with it.

I believe the #1 concept to be learned is that some of these chest locations are more difficult than others, and are actually meant to distract you. These chests will generally have better loot, but that's always up to the OP, so remember to ask yourself if the risk is worth the time spent.

darkflash

Hey you guys should do this again cause I just got the game and I really want to try this out!

igufed

We're just still testing things out and getting things set up.

We will post a few days ahead of time of an actual event soon enough.

darkflash

House

igufed

In about 2 hours we plan to play a few 'hunger games' type of play.  Feel free to hop on MSN and/or Scotty's TS from now until then to know the details.  Most of us use TS while playing.

T-Rok

Quote from: igufed on May 30, 2012, 09:10:03 PM
In about 2 hours we plan to play a few 'hunger games' type of play.  Feel free to hop on MSN and/or Scotty's TS from now until then to know the details.  Most of us use TS while playing.

I am so there.

igufed

I'd like to get some people together tonight for a few games. 

Probably in around 9-10 hours or so from now.  Roughly 8-9pm Central time. Log into MSN or hop on Scottys teamspeak around that time if you're interested.

Best way to know if anything is going on would be to add me to MSN, i usually message people i know who are interested when we randomly play, so, add me if you want.  andrew@igufed.com

sandswordman

dammmnnnn that sounds cool.... But me and sk8 have miinecraft on xbox 360 :c

igufed

Short notice, but in about an hour we plan on having a few games. 

Hop on TS or MSN if you want to join in.

igufed

I wonder if me posting about each somewhat planned event on a different post will annoy anyone..

BUT, we plan to do a few games again tonight if anyone would like to join.

We're all on Scotty's TS current and I think we will do a few games tonight.

Scotty

I played last night with 7-8 people (my understanding is that's the highest amount we've had in one go yet).  It was a phenomenal experience.  We had a lot of really good solid games.  A few were wipes due to balance issues and the fact that users who created the maps with hidden items had a distinct advantage.  Once we worked out the balance issues, and prevented the map creators from killing the experience, we had some real challenging and borderline hilarious matches.

Some of the memorable events I recall:

Snakeman running right by a glaring stack of TnT solely placed by Pwnage (who was standing on it while Snakeman ran by no less) for no intent other than to get into Snakeman's base and win the match for us.  He was so intent on sicking his dogs on me that he didn't even notice Pwnage strolling right into his castle and winning the match for our team.

Igufed exclaiming that Pwnage stole our flag and was headed back to his base, so I immediately target him and chase after him exclaiming "I'm not going to catch him!"  He stopped at a wall and tried to break through it to get back into their base, giving me enough time to get up behind him and kill him.  Then I hear Igu on Teamspeak say something along the lines of "Yep, that was me..."  We didn't win that match...

Overall, we had a lot of fun.  I've included some photos for users to check out.  We're playing again Sunday at 6PM EST, 3PM PST (5PM Central).  All are encouraged to join in the shenanigans.  We'd like to get as many people on as possible.  The more we have, the more enjoyable it will be.

Special thanks to Luci's sister for getting the photos and creating a lot of the maps, facilitating most of this, and overall just being plain awesome.