News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Elder Scrolls: Online

Started by T-Rok, May 06, 2012, 03:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

After watching that video, I'm...cautiously optimistic?  It sounds like it could be good.  Alternatively, it sounds like they could be just hyping up small bits and it's mostly just gonna be another cut/paste WOW clone....  I have to wonder how they're going to reconcile having things like the werewolf invasion quest, where you've actually affected something in some way.

Honestly, one of my biggest problems with MMORPGs is that very rarely are they RPGs.  There is no role-playing involved, and you don't actually affect the world in any way.  It really destroys any sort of story or immersion I might have.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Matty_Richo

I saw that video on IGN yesterday and whilst it did give me a bit of hope, I am still very weary. I think it definitely has potential to be great but I won't know until I get the chance to play it for myself.

I have to agree with you there Chaos, the only one I played that came close was Voyage Century Online, but with the exception of the role playing part it was a relatively dull game. I really hope they do actually make it an RPG because I shan't be happy if they just remake WOW and associate it with something as good as The Elder Scrolls.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Zorrou on November 11, 2012, 02:21:38 PM
I don?t think that elder scrolls should be online. They should take the arrow out from the game that tells you exactly where to go in quests and make a similar game like morrowind ( of course a new region like Elsweyr or something)  with better graphics and new guilds and quests.

They used to do that in WoW, and it was alright, except when they tell you to go somewhere that you haven't uncovered on your map yet so you could head in the complete opposite direction and not even know it. Some people like that I'm sure, because it gets you to explore. In my opinion, there's just too many NPCs names and town names to remember in that scenario when you have such a big world to go around in.

@Chaos, I imagine they will do what WoW did with that issue. (Sorry to say they might take another WoW idea, but it's a pretty good idea...) If you do a quest where basically you're changing something; say you help an ally army defend their city that is being attacked when you get there... Before, you and the army are surrounded my enemies. After you finish the quest, the fighting has stopped, no more enemies around. Say you are there fighting, another player shows up a few minutes later to do the same quest. once you finish said quest, you will be put in the "future scenario" of that area, with no fighting.
That other player, he's still there, but you can't actually see him because he's still in the "past scenario" of that quest. When he finishes said quest, he will then be put in the future scenario where you are, and you can see each other again and go on your merry way.

ARTgames

The way these games where structured and made they always felt like playing a mmo alone. But even so I never really saw how they could work the same way and have more players without changing the game. Anyway seeing the IGN video does not help me any. Other than the nice graphics I dont see it really standing out from other mmos.

T-Rok

I think our faith may have paid off.

edit: Ignore this, I totally derped and realized it was already posted on page 1. Apparently I'm being a little slow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2XeKY

DarkTrinity

I did happen to see this review about it from somebody who got to test out an early version of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI

He shows some pictures and videos of game play and talks about why it's not another WoW clone, etc. So if you're interested, watch away.

Tuffi

As of today, you can sign up for a chance to get into the closed beta.  Filling out all the fields will give you the best chance at getting in.

http://bit.ly/Wbk01a
Characters I own:
Tuffi, Puffi, Wuffi, and Nuffi

Cactuscat222

Having a guild seems to greatly increase your chances, so if you guys are interested in participating and possibly even playing together, put down "Stick Online" for guild name and the website; it's what I did and it'd be awesome to try this with you all as a group.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Titan

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 22, 2013, 07:11:33 PM
Having a guild seems to greatly increase your chances, so if you guys are interested in participating and possibly even playing together, put down "Stick Online" for guild name and the website; it's what I did and it'd be awesome to try this with you all as a group.

Did this as well. Used Stick Online as my guild and just used this site. I think it'd be pretty great if we got a decent amount of people to get in.
Livin' in a lonely world.

DarkTrinity

I signed up as well. Fingers crossed. :P

Chaos

As did I.  Hopefully I am selected, as I love Elder Scrolls games, and really don't want them to mess this up.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

sly 3 4 me

I signed up and registered under the "Stick Online" guild as well. Hopefully we can have a nice amount of players from the forum accepted into the beta.  ;D

Matty_Richo

Hey, the first wave of beta invites have gone out, just wondering if anyone has gotten in?

sly 3 4 me

Apparently not, as I didn't receive an e-mail about any criteria or anything regarding ES:O. Did you receive one, Matty?

Matty_Richo

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on April 06, 2013, 03:57:37 AM
Apparently not, as I didn't receive an e-mail about any criteria or anything regarding ES:O. Did you receive one, Matty?
Sadly no, but I know of a few people that did get in, but no one I know very well so I don't know too much about what it's like.