News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

GOG.com - Holiday Sale

Started by Chaos, June 19, 2012, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

On gog.com, they got a summer promo going on called Battle of the Games.  Pretty much, they put two games up against each other, and you can vote on them.  Whichever wins goes on sale 60% off, and whichever loses goes on sale for 40% off.  Yesterday's battle has made Myst on sale for $2.39 and 7th Guest on sale for $5.99 today, and currently the battle is between Alone in the Dark 1-3 vs Farenheit (Indigo Prophecy).

http://www.gog.com/en/page/2012_summer_promo

Also, in somewhat related news, Worlds of Ultima: Savage Empire and Worlds of Ultima 2: Martian Dreams are currently FREE on GOG.com.  :D

http://www.gog.com/en/news/free_releases_worlds_of_ultima_1_2

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

There's an epic deal going down on some classic RPGs at GoG, Click Here!

I hate being broke, I'm tempted to get a $30 loan from my sis. I've always wanted to own a copy of Baldurs Gate 1/2, Icewind Dale 1/2, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights, and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Titan

Quote from: Lucifer on September 14, 2012, 11:45:07 AM

I hate being broke, I'm tempted to get a $30 loan from my sis. I've always wanted to own a copy of Baldurs Gate 1/2, Icewind Dale 1/2, Planescape: Torment, Neverwinter Nights, and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Yes, just yes to all of this.
Sadly, I don't get paid for 7 days , so I won't have enough to even buy one before the sale is done.

Still some really great deals though.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Chaos

Quote from: Lucifer on September 14, 2012, 11:45:07 AM

Damn!  I already bought this, was wanting to show it to you cause I knew you'd love it!  I see you've already seen it. :p
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

Huurgghhh-

I need new pants...

T-Rok just bought me this deal, thank you so much!

ARTgames

Bump new deal: Free duke nukem 3d

Quote from: Franpahttp://www.gog.com/gamecard/duke_nukem_3d_atomic_edition

$0 to buy, for 48 hours only!

Chaos

Even better deals:  GOG.com's holiday sale is going on.  Almost every game on the site is being sold for 50% off or more.  :D

http://www.gog.com/
Jake says:

Snakeman

Is it possible to edit the topic title? If so, might wanna update it to reflect the goings-on of the holiday sale.

Anyways, I will also gladly endorse this sale! I highly recommend giving it a looksee. You might find an old game that you enjoyed back in the day that you can snatch for just a few bucks, or perhaps decide to try out an older game for a change just for the hell of it, or maybe you'd be interested in checking out older titles in a series you enjoy that have more recent releases! (They have the older Fallouts and Deus Exes, for example!)

Even if old games aren't your thing, there are a few more recent titles that are up for grabs there (I remember spotting the first Assassin's Creed too) and they even got some choice indie games up there too (Like Retro City Rampage and La-Mulana, both of which I highly recommend!)

Again, I highly recommend it. Almost everything there can be purchased for a mere $3-5, so if you have some loose pocket change lying around, turn it into a neato game you can play during your winter vacation! :D

Lucifer

Alright alright, I'm sold. I had to stop myself at $30... why would you link me to this website!? I'm picking up the Total Annihilation Commander Pack (One of the first games my brother ever introduced me to, and still one of my favorites to date!), Earth 2160 (The sequel to the first game I ever bought, Earth 2150, a fantastic RTS with excellent unit customization :3), Stronghold Crusader (The prequel to Stronghold 2, which I thoroughly enjoyed and desire to see its origins), Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura(A great D&D adventure, and honestly one of the few quality examples of a steampunk game to date), and last but certainly not least, the Thief series. I will never forget how much Thief scared the ever living shit out of me as a kid, playing at 2:00am at my friend's house. That !@#$ing skull in level two!

Also grabbed Deus Ex as I was checking out, because goddammit, Deus Ex.

Thanks for mentioning this sale Snake/Chaos/Art! I've always wanted to purchase the games I downloaded in the past when I had no money, GoG is awesome :3.

Jmac

End of the World Sale

Regardless of when the world ends, there are some pretty sweet bundles for great prices! This would be a good oppurtunity for me to get Arma II to try out DayZ. Curse my limited PayPal funds!  :P

Chaos

Quote from: Jmacrules on December 19, 2012, 01:04:04 PM
End of the World Sale

Regardless of when the world ends, there are some pretty sweet bundles for great prices! This would be a good oppurtunity for me to get Arma II to try out DayZ. Curse my limited PayPal funds!  :P

...Yousa funny guy, GOG.com.  I'mma kill you last.
Jake says:

Titan

Definitely some great deals. I picked up M&M VIII and Neverwinter Nights Diamond for $8 total. Not bad at all.
Livin' in a lonely world.