News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Castle Story

Started by Scotty, July 28, 2012, 04:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

So Chaos hinted this game to me back in January when they released their first preview of the game.  It's a voxel based construction game that a lot of people might compare to Minecraft, but they'd be so wrong.

In fact, it was Notch from Minecraft who started interest in the game by tweeting about it.  The main difference you'll gather from their first video is that you aren't the one in the dirt digging up resources, but rather the Bricktrons you order around, so if anything, it's more like a strategy game than a Minecraft game.  On top of that, you aren't just placing buildings by commanding Bricktrons like any other RTS, you're constructing all your structures to hold off the hordes of enemies and other players.

Regardless, they have a kickstarter going right now as a way to allow those interested in contributing to do so.  I'd highly recommend helping them out, because frankly, this game looks very interesting, and even Notch admitted he wished he thought of this concept.

Plus you get access to the beta and a prototype of the game if you contribute via the kickstarter.

venuse

doesnt really interest me, in minecraft it was that firstperson experience that drew me in, of my efforts to build and explore. i really dont feel like watching something or someone  else do the work for me. then again im not a rts type person to begin with.

sayers6

Pretty Epic looking game...Any Minimum specs lying around that I can't seem to find?

Scotty

Quote from: sayers6 on July 31, 2012, 05:16:38 PM
Pretty Epic looking game...Any Minimum specs lying around that I can't seem to find?

Too early to tell at this point.

crozier

Seems like a happy creative game.
Hoping there is a lot more stratagy to it though.

Yankyal

Looks great. Hope it turns out to be a success story.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10