News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Wii-U is releasing on November 18th

Started by Scotty, September 13, 2012, 12:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Now I know what to ask the folks for on my birthday!  That's if they can find one the day it's released.  At $300, it's reasonably priced I'd say:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/09/wii-u-coming-to-america-sunday-november-18

11clock

Since I'm mainly a PC/Portable gamer nowadays, I don't plan on getting this system. It looks very nice, though.

At the moment my eyes are elsewhere, on Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Worms Revolution, and Starbound, not to mention the pile of games I haven't touched yet on my computer. I may get the Wii U next year, but it's not likely.

RayRay

Definitely getting this one. I'll be waiting for the day of Super Smash Bros. 4. I believe this would also be Minecraft's first anniversary.

Meiun

I am also extremely excited for this system. The system looks quite awesome, and has a ton of really cool looking features. Not to mention that they just announced Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the Wii U and 3DS (cross platform compatible, and officially confirmed as coming to the US). Gonna be sweet!

11clock

There are actually several games for the Wii U that will be released for the 3DS as well, so I won't miss out on all of the fun, I guess.

T-Rok

Matty_Richo

Damn, I have an extra 12 days to wait.
Well I am really looking forward to it and I'll likely pre order it though I am debating whether or not to get the premium one or not. $80 extra for 32GB, Nintendo Land, the Charging Cradle and also the premium subscription to Nintendo Network (though I really have no idea the benefits of that).
Any thoughts?

CherryPie

Mario, Zelda. Smash Bros. & the other usual suspects will probably let me buy this one again, but not at launch this time.

sly 3 4 me

It sounds terrible overall, but I'll be waiting for the console to be 'modded' to allow some features that won't cause me to burn a hole into my wallet as much. $60 is quite a steep step for games I may not enjoy. I'll enjoy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Zombie U regardless, as I love Monster Hunter and zombies are just awesome. I purchase the games that can keep my attention for at least a week.

They gave up on preventing it on the Wii, and the 3DS is still strong on its encryption and overall bombardment of attempted exploits being thrown at it, but I think eventually the Wii U will be cracked into and have a Soft, or at least a hard mod with a chip.

Meiun

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on September 18, 2012, 06:21:56 PM
It sounds terrible overall, but I'll be waiting for the console to be 'modded' to allow some features that won't cause me to burn a hole into my wallet as much. $60 is quite a steep step for games I may not enjoy. I'll enjoy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Zombie U regardless, as I love Monster Hunter and zombies are just awesome. I purchase the games that can keep my attention for at least a week.

They gave up on preventing it on the Wii, and the 3DS is still strong on its encryption and overall bombardment of attempted exploits being thrown at it, but I think eventually the Wii U will be cracked into and have a Soft, or at least a hard mod with a chip.
For shame.

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: Meiun on September 18, 2012, 11:46:47 PM

For shame.

A bit is fine.  ;)

The Wii was nice, but it was not up to par in terms of Sony and Microsoft, partly due to the processor, which directly affected the second reason, the games possible to be made on it. It's nice to test a game before buying, as Let's Plays and sample clips don't cut it for me in the long run. Don't misinterpret it; the games that I'm interested in are purchased.  ;D

Matty_Richo

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on September 19, 2012, 12:42:49 AM

For shame.

A bit is fine.  ;)

The Wii was nice, but it was not up to par in terms of Sony and Microsoft, partly due to the processor, which directly affected the second reason, the games possible to be made on it. It's nice to test a game before buying, as Let's Plays and sample clips don't cut it for me in the long run. Don't misinterpret it; the games that I'm interested in are purchased.  ;D

Just be glad games aren't $110 ($115 USD) for you.

And seriously, any turd that says that games such as Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns and New Super Mario Bros. aren't just as good, if not better, than the games the Sony and Microsoft put out for their system ought to be forced to watch the sequels to Starship Troopers (or some other torturous punishment).
Besides, if you want to play hardcore FPS's and whatnot you should really be playing on a PC (but let's not start up the PC vs Console war here).

All in all, I think that the Wii U, despite the name that is actually starting to grow on me, is going to be a rather excellent console and it does have a fairly impressive launch line up.

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: Matty_Richo on September 19, 2012, 04:40:15 AM
Quote from: sly 3 4 me on September 19, 2012, 12:42:49 AM

For shame.

A bit is fine.  ;)

Just be glad games aren't $110 ($115 USD) for you.

And seriously, any turd that says that games such as Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns and New Super Mario Bros. aren't just as good, if not better, than the games the Sony and Microsoft put out for their system ought to be forced to watch the sequels to Starship Troopers (or some other torturous punishment).
Besides, if you want to play hardcore FPS's and whatnot you should really be playing on a PC (but let's not start up the PC vs Console war here).

All in all, I think that the Wii U, despite the name that is actually starting to grow on me, is going to be a rather excellent console and it does have a fairly impressive launch line up.

Yeah, some countries have it hard for the actual console price. The conversion and overall difference in the currency for different nearby countries within Europe have it upwards to an equivalent of what would be $700+ for the console itself. I wasn't harping on the games it had, just the games that it could have had set the foundation as a powerful console when it released before the 360 and PS3. If it had many of the awesome first party and third party games Nintendo had exclusively, along with some of the major PS3 and 360 titles it would have been set (That didn't stop it from selling almost twice as much as the 360 and PS3 though in terms of console units).

Meiun

Quote from: Scotty on November 15, 2012, 03:25:11 PM
Anyone else excited?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/11/new-super-mario-bros-u-review-the-best-2d-mario-in-decades
Hell yeah! I loved the regular wii one (some of the best co-operative fun i've had in ages), and this one looks like a massive upgrade to it. So many improvements, some drastic, and many subtle. But overall it looks friggin phenomenal. I've only seen one or two other reviews on it aside from that one, but they were all equally positive. Can't wait!

There also seems to be a lot of highly positive press/reviews for some of the other launch titles for the system as well (such as Nintendo Land, and Zombie U).