News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

DOTA 2

Started by tehrozzy, February 09, 2013, 02:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tehrozzy

Since I couldn't find a thread for it I figured I'd start one myself
I don't really have much to say about it, it's fun, it's kinda like league of legends, etc.
Discussion, kgo

Oh, and I have like 20 copies I can hand out so if anyone wants it just PM me your email.

Chaos111

I am still kinda confused about the game, and don't know which heroes to play, but I like it.
I also have copies to give out.
Life is only the beginning of the story.

Titan

I don't really like the game at all, probably to used to league of legends. If anyone wants a key, I also have quite a few I think.
Livin' in a lonely world.

tehrozzy

Yeah, when I first started I found the enormous HUD, in comparison to LoL's minimal HUD, to be quite annoying
Takes some time to get used to.

T-Rok

It's definitely a different type of game in comparison to league. Many would argue it requires more skill, but I disagree. It requires taking advantage of gimmicky features and the "make everything op so nothing is op" design. It also relies on many archaic design features that were put into place due to the limited nature of the WC3 world editor. It's essentially a direct port of a WC3 map into a stand alone game. I personally think they could have done far better in re-creating the game other than piece for piece cloning it. League is a good example of this. The creator of League was one of the 3 people who designed DotA but he learned from it and improved upon it rather than cloning it.

My opinion anyways. Probably highly influenced by my opinion of League, so it is a very biased argument. But I used to enjoy DotA (And it's predecessor's: Tides of Blood, etc. Also it's clones: NVB, NWU, BBB) back during the WC3 days. So take it as you will.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: T-Rok on February 10, 2013, 04:36:01 PM
It's definitely a different type of game in comparison to league. Many would argue it requires more skill, but I disagree. It requires taking advantage of gimmicky features and the "make everything op so nothing is op" design. It also relies on many archaic design features that were put into place due to the limited nature of the WC3 world editor. It's essentially a direct port of a WC3 map into a stand alone game. I personally think they could have done far better in re-creating the game other than piece for piece cloning it. League is a good example of this. The creator of League was one of the 3 people who designed DotA but he learned from it and improved upon it rather than cloning it.

My opinion anyways. Probably highly influenced by my opinion of League, so it is a very biased argument. But I used to enjoy DotA (And it's predecessor's: Tides of Blood, etc. Also it's clones: NVB, NWU, BBB) back during the WC3 days. So take it as you will.

Agree 100%
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php