News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Wildlife Observations (Complete!)

Started by 11clock, February 24, 2013, 07:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

I'm 11clock, a wildlife documenter or observer or whatever you want to call it. I've been observing the natural environment of the World of Stick. I've survived close encounters, jumped over large thorn pits, and traveled through vast deserts to discover information on this strange world's wildlife. I am here to share with you my observations that I've written during my journey. I'll update this topic with more information when I can, but I'm currently worn out from my adventure. Don't expect too much from me.

Entry #1: Blob
  The blob is a unlike any other creature that I?ve encountered. Its body is not made up of solid material, but an unidentified blue substance. It has no limbs, but it can slither like a snake. The blob?s eyes are large and ovular, and they never blink, much like the eyes of a fish. Blobs are adorable and would be good pets if it wasn?t for? I will get to that in a little bit.
  I once found a pack of these strange, gooey creatures wondering some fields nearby my cabin. The wildlife documenter that I am, I followed them. They appeared to be chasing a small rabbit. Before I knew it, many Blobs surrounded the rabbit. As I was wondering what a bunch of cute piles of goo wanted with a rabbit, a gruesome scene answered my question. The blobs opened their mouths, revealing rows of sharp teeth. Then they jumped on the rabbit, literally ripping it to shreds. I quietly ran away while they were fighting over the rabbit?s remains.
  Later in the day, the same group of blobs (I knew that they were the same group because they were covered in blood) approached my cabin. I observed them from my cabin window, watching them carefully. They didn?t do anything for a while, and then they started to group together. I don?t mean group together like a football team normally does; they actually combined their bodies to form one large blob that is almost double the size of a human. The big blob slowly made its way to the door to my cabin and started taking bites out of the door. It knew that I was in there, and there was only one thing left for me to do: abandon the cabin. I escaped safely, as you can see, but I?ll have to continue my wildlife observations elsewhere.

Entry #2: Rock Demon
  I made it to a large mountain that was completely made of stone. I couldn't resist the opportunity to explore the mountain and find whatever life I can.
  At first, everything felt a bit empty. I was about to continue on my way until I noticed some rocks moving nearby. They started to float into the air, and eventually it turned into a giant stone head with glowing red eyes and supported by a small tornado underneath. I went into hiding to observe this "rock demon." Soon, more of them showed up. There weren't that many, though. They appear to be an endangered species, since those were the only ones I encountered during my climb. Here are some notes that are based on my observations.
  The rock demon is a creature that appears to be made out of the very stone of the mountain that they dwell on. They're obviously the guardians of the mountain. They have a lot of respect for each other and their commanders, which look a lot like statues of dogs. However, they despise those that are not of their kind, and they have a huge hatred toward blobs (one of them threw a rock at a blob that barely touched the foot of the mountain). Rock demons don't eat or drink, unlike those of other creatures. This lead me to wonder: Where do they get their energy from?
  After further observation, I discovered that these creatures aren't made of rocks but of oxygen! That's right, the miniature tornado beneath the head of a rock demon is the actual creature! I do not know if the creatures inside of the dog statues look the same, but based on their heavy 'breathing' they must be inside of the heads.
  How is a creature made out of air even possible? Unfortunately, the demons are starting to be aware of my presence, so I must skedaddle. Maybe I'll return one day to conduct further research.

Entry #3: Bandit
  I am absolutely horrified right now, my quell is shaking in my hand. I'll try to keep writing, but I need to leave this forest, fast. I'm safe in an abandoned club house for now, but I'll need to pack up and leave soon. But first, here is the next creature that I've encountered, and it makes me wonder if there are non-hostile creatures in this area other than rabbits. Carnivorous piles of goo, territorial demons of rock and air, and now this!
  The bandit wears a red scarf over its face and it looks much like the bandits that you see in Western movies. It goes around and steals from their victims, often killing them as well. The bandit's preferred weapon is a small dagger, and they normally come in groups.
  These aren't your ordinary bandits, though. Have you ever wondered what's behind the mask of a bandit? A normal face, usually, but this bandit has a large mouth that covers the whole spot where its face should be! Not only do these bandits steal and kill, but they EAT their victims as well!
  That's not all, though. They don't have eyes, so they can't see at all. Despite this, a bandit's ears are vastly superior to those of a human. It can hear the smallest ant on the ground. This makes them great hunters.
  Fortunately, there is still hope for those who wonder this forest. The bandits limp awkwardly and are thus slow at moving, which is probably why they rely on their numbers. The limp is also the first sign I saw that hints that these things are not human.
  Now you see why I must leave.

Entry #4: Living Cactus
  I have just crossed into a desert, and things are getting weird already.
  The living cactus is basically what its name is. It's a creature that resembles a small cactus and it moves by hopping around. Unlike normal cacti, the living cactus has no roots. It gets all of its energy from the Sun, which is the main reason why the desert is its natural habitat.
  Living cacti are shy and don't like being around other creatures. They can even be shy towards each other sometimes, which leads to some hostility among their kind. If you get too close to a living cactus, it will defend itself by using its own thorns. Keep your distance and the living cactus is not very hostile, which is a nice change from the previous creatures I've encountered in this area.
  I will continue into the desert soon. I see a temple up ahead, and I'm curious to see what's there.

Entry #5: Skeleton
  I couldn't stay at the temple for very long. It's infested with walking corpses, or what appear to be walking corpses.
  The skeleton (named after the skeletal system, clever huh?) is a bunch of bones that can freely move around like a person. It's very fast and aggressive. After only a few minutes of watching some skeletons chase a small dust cloud, I've come to the conclusion that they're psychotic. The fact that they're unstable makes them extremely dangerous. Fortunately, since they can't control themselves very well, they're rather poor fighters. Any fast runner such as me can avoid them easily and laugh as they clumsily bump into each other and fight themselves.
  While the skeleton may look like the bones of a human at first glance, you'll soon realize that, due to its strange bone structure and weirdly shaped skull, it isn't an undead creature at all. I mean, what kind of idiot would believe in zombies? Each 'bone' of a skeleton is actually an organ with its own function. The organs are held together by almost invisible tissue. Did you know that the 'spine' of the skeleton is the brain, and the head is the heart? Of course you didn't; you most likely haven't even heard of this bizarre creature!
  There are some of their kind that are more intelligent than the others. These skeletons like to wear the cloaks of their victims. Not much is known about this group, other than that they 'know the dark arts.'
  I am almost done with my journey. There is only one creature left in this territory that I haven't explored, and I hear that it's the most vicious of them all.

Entry #6: Sand Fiend
  This entry concludes my journal for this continent. It's been a fine journey going through the harsh habitats that make up the area. I'm going to take a break after writing about this creature, then I'll move on to the next continent.
  The sand fiend is the fiercest creature in the desert of this continent. The creature looks like a towering monstrosity. It's similar to a child's snowman, only it's made of sand. The sand fiend's arms are as long as its body, able to reach any unfortunate wanderer of the desert. Despite having no legs, the sand fiend moves faster than any creature that I've ever encountered.
  The sand fiend shares similar characteristics to those of the rock demon, which I wrote about in an earlier entry. While the sand fiend treats its own kind with respect, its very territorial and hates those not of its own kind. There is an exception: the living cactus, which I also wrote about. The living cacti treat the sand fiends as their gods. Therefore, the sand fiends are more lenient toward them.
  While observing these creatures, one of them discovered and attacked me. I used what weapons I had to fight it. It was one intense battle! The sand fiend eventually collapsed and a gust of wind escaped from where the sand fiend was standing.
  Wait a minute, a gust of wind? The sand must not be the actual creature. I think I've discovered the brethren of the rock demons! They're the same wind creature, only more adapt to controlling sand than rocks! But how did this race become separated? Are they currently looking for each other, or are they rival nations? What more is there to these wind creatures that have the power to manipulate the earth? Are there more of them out there? What else can they control?
  Unfortunately, I've explored this entire continent. I may find more information on the wind creatures on another continent. It's time for me to move on, but I must take a break, first.

Hikarikuen

Waiting for SO3 Expedition Journal Entry #587: They've begun to hallucinate, seeing harmless wads of blue slime growing fangs and preying on cute little rabbits. Also ridiculous reports of supposed gigantism among these blob creatures. This sort of unrest in the community is unacceptable, and we must assure society that blobs are completely harmless, even the giant ones. Not that there are giant ones.

11clock

I assure you that my observations are quite real. You should of seen their teeth!

The next report is coming soon. The Rock Demons were... interesting.

Hikarikuen

Rock Demons are just rocks rolling down hills that people let their imaginations run wild with, and don't even get me started on that whole "rock beast" nonsense.

KaptainKohl

I'm not sure you know what your talking about Hikarikuen, your views on these creatures are ranting and not in-depth. You can tell from the tone of your writing that you are being sarcastic, and trying to make fun of 11clock.  11clock is world renown wildlife documenter that has won dozens of awards and discovered hundreds of new creatures, i would take his word over yours, plus his journal entry are quite simply fascinating.

11clock

Quote from: KaptainKohl on February 26, 2013, 06:21:33 PM
I'm not sure you know what your talking about Hikarikuen, your views on these creatures are ranting and not in-depth. You can tell from the tone of your writing that you are being sarcastic, and trying to make fun of 11clock.  11clock is world renown wildlife documenter that has won dozens of awards and discovered hundreds of new creatures, i would take his word over yours, plus his journal entry are quite simply fascinating.

Thanks, loyal fan! Have you read my entry on the "Spotted Muk?" It's my personal favorite. Maybe I'll share it with everyone here later.

Anyways, my notes on the Rock Demon are up! Look out for the next one, though. The next creature was... unpleasant.

11clock

I posted my notes on the bandit! You'll never look at bandits the same way again...

Fisuman

Hello 11clock. Your wonder: ?Where do they get their energy from?? inspired me. I decided to find out how these Rock Demons function.
 Since the Rock Demons can throw rocks and move around, the miniature ?tornado? underneath the head of the Rock Demon must have a very capable organ inside. I figured out these rocky creatures get their energy from the sunlight. 
The Rock Demon absorbs sunlight with its' body. There are cells in the Rock Demon's skin that are pretty similiar to chloroplasts, except that they dont reflect green light. The cells work the same way as plants do ? they use photosynthesis. They create glucose and oxygen from carbon dioxide and water with the photic energy from the Sun.
 The organ inside the tornado allows the Rock Demon to move around. It creates underpressure around its' surroundings, which causes a small tornado. The tornado is so visible because there is a layer of oxygen and minerals around the organ. The organ can control the direction of the tornado, and therefore the organ can move around. The organ is also an important ?muscle? for the Rock Demon. It helps other ?muscles? to for example move the Rock Demon's arms when the creature attacks. 
The Commanders probably have slighty different version of this?organ? inside them. They can create a huge overpressure in their mouths. That's why the commanders are able to ?breathe? substance out of their mouths so powerfully.

11clock

Interesting information! So you're saying that this organ is the heart of the creature, and that it connects the creature's main gas body with its more solid parts?

I'm still wondering how a creature made out of both air and rock is possible. Based on my observations, it relies mostly on its own wind to function and the rocks play a smaller role. This is mainly because the tornado is the main body of the Rock Demon, and since it houses this organ you speak of, it confirms my observation that the actual 'rock' demon is the tornado itself.

11clock

Living Cactus notes have been added! This one is short, but there really isn't much to say about this creature.

Jackabomb

Sir, I understand that the kind of work you do is unprecedented. No one has ever brought such information as this back before. Ah. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jackabomb, a representative from the Scientific Society for Studying the Zoology of the Land of Stick. You have probably heard of SSSZLS before. We're...ah...quite well known if you catch my meaning sir. Please understand that we hold your works in the highest regard. That said, one thing that troubles my superiors and the reason I was sent is the lack of thoroughness evident in your notes. Now remember the SSSZLS holds nothing but the highest esteem for your discoveries. We value your first-hand knowledge of this matter, but even you must admit that the collected wisdom of all the elders of the SSSZLS certainly holds some weight in these ponderous matters, no? Now our official position on your very distinguished work is, and I quote the unanimous opinion of the all the elders of the SSSZLS, "utter rubbish. Obviously the man is a con. The book is not worth the dietary cost in calories burned up by the sensory nerves in skimming the front cover." In fact, the SSSZLS was so pleased with your refusal to join our organization (which, as you know, has a strict policy of copyright and discovery sharing) that they've decided to sentence you to death. By bureaucrat. That, Mr. O 'Clock is why I have come. I think I shall begin by pontificating upon the nature of parliamentary process as it pertains to the advancement of scientific study in the realm of Stick, thus giving you a brief taste of the abject sort of colossal boredom that awaits every waking moment of the rest of your natural life. Also every sleeping moment since I'm technically a super-bureaucrat who needs neither food nor drink nor sleep nor even air or blood. I only require an audience and a topic to avoid, and I shall live forever. You can't kill me and you can't ever make me shut up. It does not pay to cross the SSSZLS, Mr. O'Clock.
Now. Shall I begin...?

krele

Dude, really?...

What are you guys even doing... I don't want to be a judgmental piece of shit, but WHAT?

crozier

Quote from: krele on March 23, 2013, 10:04:35 AM
Dude, really?...

What are you guys even doing... I don't want to be a judgmental piece of shit, but WHAT?
What a grump.

no seriously guys, I'm with krele, what the hell is this...

11clock

Dude, really?...

We're discovering fascinating things about the wildlife in the World of Stick.

Or you could say that we're bored.

krele

Quote from: 11clock on March 24, 2013, 12:27:12 AM
Dude, really?...

We're discovering fascinating things about the wildlife in the World of Stick.

Or you could say that we're bored.
What are you doing with your life D: