News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

logging off after good item

Started by Bo-sox, August 27, 2009, 09:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo-sox

Just wondering whether or not it is a good idea to log off after you get a good item. When ever i get a rare item (and it isn't often) I am afraid if I log off ill log on and it won't be there, but ive also seen people get d/ced after rare items and lose them.

So is it a good idea to log off, or should you just hope you dont get d/ced.

EpicPhailure

If you log off, it saves. But it saves automatically anyway, says Meiun. We just don't know the intervals.

Meiun

The only time you'd ever have to worry about it NOT being there when you got back is if you saw the message "saving failed" after a logoff or disconnect, which really would only happen if after repeated attempts, you are unable to communicate with the game server at all. However, it really is not essential that you logoff to ensure everything is registered/saved properly on the server. All your info is automatically saved every couple minutes your logged on regardless of whethe you have logged off or not.

Also, jut as a side note. You guys shouldn't need to worry about any lost items or anything ever again with V3, as the info will all be kept/saved on the server from the start.

scsox

Quote from: Meiun on August 27, 2009, 09:28:39 PM
The only time you'd ever have to worry about it NOT being there when you got back is if you saw the message "saving failed" after a logoff or disconnect, which really would only happen if after repeated attempts, you are unable to communicate with the game server at all. However, it really is not essential that you logoff to ensure everything is registered/saved properly on the server. All your info is automatically saved every couple minutes your logged on regardless of whethe you have logged off or not.

Also, jut as a side note. You guys shouldn't need to worry about any lost items or anything ever again with V3, as the info will all be kept/saved on the server from the start.
thats good to know

Bo-sox

thanks

Mr Pwnage

Additionally I'd like to pose a question. I have heard from others and experienced myself several occasions of getting saving failed before we were even able to pick up the item that dropped. It personally happened to me with as skull mask on my newb account (HotChocolate) and I still haven't been able to get one back since than. I was wondering if maybe you could think up a solution to this problem too, because though we haven't picked them up yet, we are still losing drops that we have earned. I was thinking if possible the server could log the fact you got the drop in the first place, so if this does happen and it was a big deal we could contact you about it without having to provide evidence. If you were to do this though, you would also have to log wether or not the drop fell into a ditch so that people can't cheat the system like that. You probably have a better idea in mind, but just wondering your thoughts on it?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Meiun

Honestly, I am not concerned enough about minor issues like that to merit taking the focus off V3 to remedy them (and as I said earlier, wont be an issue in V3).

ARTgames

Mr Pwnage i know that happens but i have never had that happen to me. i really think that's not common thing to happen. Some times crap happens even if its not fair.

QuoteAlso, jut as a side note. You guys shouldn't need to worry about any lost items or anything ever again with V3, as the info will all be kept/saved on the server from the start.
Im happy with this.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on August 27, 2009, 11:28:20 PM
Honestly, I am not concerned enough about minor issues like that to merit taking the focus off V3 to remedy them (and as I said earlier, wont be an issue in V3).
The wording on that confused me a bit...but assuming you understood what I was saying that's cool. V3 sounds like a freakin' Utopia at this point...glad you have a master plan already.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Meiun

Haha sorry, I'm a bit tired. I just meant that I'd rather focus on making V3 than going back to fix a bunch of small or uncommon little problems with the current game.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on August 28, 2009, 12:32:36 AM
Haha sorry, I'm a bit tired. I just meant that I'd rather focus on making V3 than going back to fix a bunch of small or uncommon little problems with the current game.
Oh heh. I was actually suggesting that for V3 though. The logging of items that are dropped even before you pick them up. I was more saying the idea for it though, I am sure there is a much better way it could be done than what I described.

NotoriousM4^

:o Has meiun finally done the impossible?
Has he...
Programmed the future?

EpicPhailure

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on September 01, 2009, 04:35:08 PM
:o Has meiun finally done the impossible?
Has he...
Programmed the future?

Damn straight he did.