News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

One step closer to S.O on Android

Started by Freeforall, January 24, 2014, 01:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

Quote from: ARTgames on February 02, 2014, 02:21:10 PM
Well as I said it will take a lot of compatibility that might not even be possible.

Still though phones do have GPUS, they are not as fast as on the desktop but DirectX capability is there. Adreno 225 for example that's used in many smartphones and tables have DirectX. Phones that run Windows Phone use DirectX for their graphics.

I think the main matter here is that this is all a convoluted way to run Stick Online portably. It will be hard to get all this working if at all, and if it does it will take a lot of power. But if Freeforall wants to do it for fun then go for it, I'm interested to see if he can.
Yeah, this is mainly just for fun. I haven't had much luck in the past few days with this, but I'm still trying.

Even if I DID manage to get it to boot up, it's not going to be very reliable. Running any version of windows emulated on my phone drains your battery incredibly fast, so you would have to have your phone plugged in to actually play for very long.

jonsploder

Quote from: Meiun on January 24, 2014, 09:54:43 PM
Quote from: Loganvz123 on January 24, 2014, 09:34:20 PM
All of the latest GM versions include direct multi-platform networking, you don't need 39dll anyway.
Yup, I believe we touched on that. Though, last I checked the GM studio networking was still "experimental".

It's not yet complete, yet you can make a MMO with it as I'm already demonstrating. Unfortunately it does lack a few important functions which yoyo seem to be completely oblivious to, despite the amount of people raising awareness for it... You can't implement a kicking function at the moment (can't forcefully sever a connection) which is stupid. The documentation leads you to believe you can, yet you can't. Other than that, TCP works well. UDP has had problems I believe.