News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Sixth Semi-Official Stick Online Tournament (TEAMS!)

Started by Matty_Richo, February 24, 2014, 05:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

Sixth Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournament
Saturday, March 1st 10:00PM GMT+0
Registration closed Friday, February 28th 10:00PM GMT+0

What are Semi-Official Stick Online League Tournaments?
These League Tournaments will be ran regularly - every two weeks ideally - and will incorporate a ranking system for players to monitor their progress through the standings as well as assist in seeding players accordingly as the tournaments progress. In order to relieve the stress on any one person the host of these tournaments may regularly change, it will up to each host to decide in which way their tournament shall be fought. This should keep things interesting & provide an important amount of variety such that every faucet of skill in PvP can be explored.

If you would like to be the host one of these tournaments feel free to contact Lucifer or myself & we can work out a date.

Due to the popularity of the commentary during Danimal's Official Tournament, we will continue to broadcast & record these tournaments on Twitch.tv with live casting - please feel free to join us on Scotty's Teamspeak server at scottymiller.net, the more the merrier! Send me a Private Message if you'd like any help setting up Teamspeak.

What is happening in this tournament?
Due to popular demand we will be having a team tournament. You will be split up into teams of two. After registrations close the teams will be decided at random (and partly based on level and rank) to make it fair for everyone.
The fights will be a single round and will start with both players of each team on their respective platform. The first person from each team will start fighting on the bottom platform only. When a player dies the next player from that team takes over and when a platform has no more waiting players it becomes unlocked and available for fighting on. The team with the last player still standing moves on to the next round.
Other than teams, standard PvP rules apply.
(Apologies if that was a bit confusing, feel free to ask any questions if part of it is unclear)

Tournament Host: Matty_Richo
Commentator(s): Matty_Richo & Anyone on Teamspeak! (scottymiller.net)

Date: March 1st, 2014
Time: 10PM (GMT+0)
Required Level: At least 1

Prizes
(Graciously provided by Danimal)
First place: 6 Deluxe Gift boxes OR 6 regular Spawns
Second Place: 3 Deluxe Gift Boxes OR 3 regular spawns
(Third place will be decided via a fight between the two semi-final losers, for the sake of ranking points)
*The deluxe gift boxes can be opened on any account of your choosing. Please inform the tournament host which account you would like to receive them on.
You will also get ranking points no matter where you place.

Participants
To join this tournament, simply post your account name and predicted level.
  • ToxicDuck - 99
  • Crozier - 100
  • KrazyMotha - 99
  • Titanmaster - 99
  • Jex - 100
  • MacBeast - 100
  • Jesus7 - 100
  • Buffi - 100
  • Lucifer - 100*
  • sam9801 - 58
  • House - 61
  • Ben - 100
  • Forbidden - 99
  • [Slyer] - 99
  • CAT - 100
  • Osh - 100
  • KillerDragon - 78

Disclaimer
    Please remember that these are community run events. We cannot rely on a GM being there to kick people who are misbehaving. We ask that you please display a good level of maturity and do your best to help these events run as smoothly as possible. Please listen to the host, even though they don't have the fancy green chat, it would be good if you could pay attention as they are there to make sure everyone has as much fun as possible!

ToxicDuck

ToxicDuck-99

crozier

Titan

Livin' in a lonely world.

Danimal

"You will be split up into teams of two. After registrations close the teams will be decided at random (and partly based on level and rank) to make it fair for everyone. "

Does this mean that two people of a similar level, and rank will be put together? Or, does it mean people of different ranks will be put together to avoid a possibly powerful combination.. ?

I think either way it's gonna suck for some people.

What I suggest is, half the rank distribution for the result (or something along those lines), so players won't be too greatly awarded/punished for the way the teams pan out.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Danimal on February 24, 2014, 04:02:15 PM
"You will be split up into teams of two. After registrations close the teams will be decided at random (and partly based on level and rank) to make it fair for everyone. "

Does this mean that two people of a similar level, and rank will be put together? Or, does it mean people of different ranks will be put together to avoid a possibly powerful combination.. ?

What I suggest is, half the rank distribution for the result (or something along those lines), so players won't be too greatly awarded/punished for the way the teams pan out.

It be be partly dependent on who signs up. If we have 20 level 99 or 100 people and no one lower then it won't be so much of a problem but if there is a large mix of levels then I will try to balance it out as best as possible because realistically, it should still be the best PvPers that win. However, I wouldn't put say Buffi and Crozier together and have Igumal teamed up with some level 18 kid because then it doesn't matter how good the level 18 kid is he will be weighed down by Igumal and simply won't be able to beat a monster pair like Buffi and Croz.

Jexiur

Jex level 100
Also, I noticed on the rankings that 9703 got rank points under that name. Shouldn't the points be put under my name, considering it was me in that tournament? Just wondering.

Jmac

Danimal

Quote from: Matty_Richo on February 24, 2014, 06:00:04 PM

It be be partly dependent on who signs up. If we have 20 level 99 or 100 people and no one lower then it won't be so much of a problem but if there is a large mix of levels then I will try to balance it out as best as possible because realistically, it should still be the best PvPers that win. However, I wouldn't put say Buffi and Crozier together and have Igumal teamed up with some level 18 kid because then it doesn't matter how good the level 18 kid is he will be weighed down by Igumal and simply won't be able to beat a monster pair like Buffi and Croz.

I would even go as far to say that Igumal paired with anyone = auto loss, so I might not burden anyone with his presence.

That said, you didn't really answer my question regarding ranking or how you're pairing them. You're just going to set out pairs you think are balanced? If one level 30 enters this competition, whoever they get paired with is at a distinct disadvantage, even if it's a similar level and ranked player level 41 for example.

So the ranking will still be the same? I just think to counter any uneven partnerships the rank should be diluted.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Danimal on February 24, 2014, 07:55:12 PM
Quote from: Matty_Richo on February 24, 2014, 06:00:04 PM

I would even go as far to say that Igumal paired with anyone = auto loss, so I might not burden anyone with his presence.

That said, you didn't really answer my question regarding ranking or how you're pairing them. You're just going to set out pairs you think are balanced? If one level 30 enters this competition, whoever they get paired with is at a distinct disadvantage, even if it's a similar level and ranked player level 41 for example.

So the ranking will still be the same? I just think to counter any uneven partnerships the rank should be diluted.

Enter with Daniel.

Like I said it really does come down to who signs up. I have been toying with the idea of splitting everyone into 4 groups and then randomizing the pairings so anyone from group 1 could be paired with anyone from group 4 and anyone from group 2 could be paired up with anyone from group 3.
I think no matter what way it's done it won't be able to be perfectly fair or balanced.

I am not totally understanding what you mean by diluted rankings (try explaining it in Aussie? :P ).

@Jex: You did get the points from the last tourny, 9703 entered the very first tourny and got points for that one.

buffi

Lucifer

Sounds fun!

Lucifer - 100

Edit: Hm, I'm actually headed to my Grandmas birthday at ~5:30, so... I may or may not be able to attend the whole thing. Really depends on how many people / how long it would be I suppose.