News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Your Creations

Started by Delicious, September 14, 2009, 08:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Delicious on September 21, 2009, 08:25:12 PM

- having problems with the front leg now, since it looks tiny in comparision.  >:(

i think it looks just fine to the back leg.

Quote from: ARTgames on September 21, 2009, 05:45:59 PM
The last frames ware the feet cross looks weird. Like his left foot is growing out of right leg. My only suggestion would be not to bend the left leg so much near the end of his walk cycle. And some times it looks like he is pulling the back of the gun out and the front is growing. maybe if you had some shifting shading along the gun it would look more like he is swaying it.
I've already mentioned that I will infact shade in the gun, a few times now.. Perhaps I would actually just leave it black, and hopefully be able to fix the enlarge/shrink effect with another animator who could figure out how I'd go about doing so.
My bad! good thinking

As for "foot growing out of right leg" issue, I'm uncertain if it's because of the leg being bent. I would not even know if I had fixed it or not since I cannot see were it would look odd in any of the frames myself.  :(
frame 2 to 3 seems to be a big jump. to me it looks like his back leg is doing an impossible cross at frame 3. But if other people like it than its just me.

As for the rest of your suggestions, I couldn't make out what you had said. I understand that the crouched legs are a bit boring during the animation, but whats a "Gummy Man"? Perhaps you ment were it stretches and one part doesn't move at all?
yeah i meant the stretches. and yeah i worded the other part really bad. just keep it how is if you what simple.

Yea, I'm trying to fix that, just nothing seems to look right when I do.  :P Also, the idea you had with the fringes of the clothing having movement sounds like it would be fun, but I'd perfer to not go that far into detail.. especially given the style I'm trying to go for - Simplistic, in a sense.  
well your doing a grate job for a simplistic sense. I would like to see what you could do if you were going to do something complex.

one last thing. I know that suppose to be a shot gun but i kinda looks like a mac 10 with a silencer on it.

my comments are in the quote.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: mikkelet on September 21, 2009, 05:25:49 PM
Giving back for the $2-not-$1-demot. are we? :P

Lmao. As much as I love that thought, no, I was actually trying to help ;P
But don't worry, revenge is in the future. ^-^

Delicious

Thank you for telling me were the frames were  :). I can actually see how it may seems odd from the seemingly large skip, though I would not want to go over 6 frames for consistancy reasons.. So perhaps I may bring it a few pixels back and see how it goes from there. Afterwards, I'd probably leave the walk for now and work on other things related.
<3

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: ARTgames on September 21, 2009, 10:25:58 PM
one last thing. I know that suppose to be a shot gun but i kinda looks like a mac 10 with a silencer on it.
Slightly off Topic: Believe it or not, my cousin happens to own a Master Arms MPA-10 (There legal in the U.S., him and his buddies like to go to the gun range a lot :P) which is pretty much an exact replica of the MAC-10; cept it's semi automatic.

More on Topic: The shotgun looks nothing like a MAC-10, although I would agree that the stock is a bit wide and the forestock and barrel aren't really distinguishable yet. Then again, as you have said many times you  just put that there to represent the weapon.

Anyways you might want to use this as a reference to help you out when you get started out on it:

------------------------
As for the problem with the front leg being to "tiny" in comparison with the back, it doesn't seem to bother me much looks pretty fine to me.

For the "Gummy Man" issue, you could probably just have it slightly bend it's knees. That should probably keep them from looking "too boring", but too be honest I didn't notice anything like that at all until you pointed it out.

-Keep up the good work  ;)

Mr Pwnage

Well, if you want to fix that whole short leg thing...have you considered simply raising the knee on the back leg? That would even em out and give you what you desire I think.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Delicious

Yea, I may just expand the front leg outwards. Also, I'm leaving the weapon black. It isn't technically a shotgun, rather it has the power of one. It actually is not concepted to be any weapon at the moment, and most likely wont. Thanks for the suggestions though..  Smiley I'm working on the walk without the weapon..

More hip-action and slightly improved the legs while walking -
<3

ARTgames

Old:

New:

Im not sure what is hip-action but the new one does seem to look better even tho im not sure what you changed.

Delicious

Leg doesn't slope out as far, and he rotates the bottom half a bit more. Thanks.  :)
Also, I plan on donating/giving these away to a programmer who would like to use them.. of course with permission and all due credit.  ;)
<3

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Delicious on September 25, 2009, 05:38:12 PM
Leg doesn't slope out as far, and he rotates the bottom half a bit more. Thanks.  :)
Also, I plan on donating/giving these away to a programmer who would like to use them.. of course with permission and all due credit.  ;)

My hero...

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

HamsterPants

I just spent the last 5 hours spriting this axe.

It's recognition to myself, that I am getting better at this.
This monster puts all my other weapons to shame.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: HamsterPants on September 29, 2009, 03:54:26 PM

I really like the concept, and the spriting is all that bad, but in some areas (for example the handle/shaft) seem to be a bit flat in comparison to the blade of the axe; and I often wonder where your light source is. And is the pink jem I think it is suspended in the middle of the axe or is it suppose to be white around it? Perhaps you could add a slight glow around the jem to give it more of a "mystical/magical" effect. Other than that I don't have much to say. Good Job.

HamsterPants

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on September 29, 2009, 07:02:10 PM

I really like the concept, and the spriting is all that bad, but in some areas (for example the handle/shaft) seem to be a bit flat in comparison to the blade of the axe; and I often wonder where your light source is. And is the pink jem I think it is suspended in the middle of the axe or is it suppose to be white around it? Perhaps you could add a slight glow around the jem to give it more of a "mystical/magical" effect. Other than that I don't have much to say. Good Job.

I purposely neglected the hilt of the axe.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure where my light source is...
The Pink Gem is floating in the middle, I do intend to make a glow around the crystal, it's going to be a seperate sprite that will be layered overtop in-game, that way it can be transparent.

Trogdor

That is simply amazing. To me, you're up there with Chaos' mad spriting abilities (though I haven't seen any recent sprites done by him). I can easily see that being used as a Mod's weapon. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

HamsterPants

Thanks for the words of kindness Trogdor, I'll keep you posted.

EpicPhailure