News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

StiQuest Campaign #1: Quest 1 - Mountaincrossers! (Quest 2)

Started by LeGuy, October 01, 2009, 09:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Mystery

How will the parties be decided? Will you just go in order of joining, like Mystery, Clocky, Ehpick, Croz and Sword, Ceroblitz, Pat, Trogdor or will it be randomized?
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

The main page says we just take our turns whenever, so that's what I'm assuming it'll be.

LeGuy

We now have 8 players! Quest 1: Forestblazers! will begin tomorrow at approximately whenever I feel like it.

For the meantime, you guys will need to divide into parties of four each. If you have preferences for your fellow party members, tell me so and I'll try to accomodate that. If not, it'll be randomized.

Tally ho!
Whee!

EpicPhailure

It really doesn't matter, all we need is for most people to be active. I say just randomize it.

Pat

I check the forums every 10 or less minutes so I want to be in a group of active users.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

crozier

Quote from: Pat on October 05, 2009, 06:15:15 AM
I check the forums every 10 or less minutes so I want to be in a group of active users.
:o
I am online a little bit, twice per day for a little while.

Mystery

Quote from: Pat on October 05, 2009, 06:15:15 AM
Change 'every 10 or less minutes' to 'about twice/once a day' and I'm the same.

LeGuy

A glowing crescent moon hovered over the horizon. Clouds softly drifted overhead, casting shadows onto the landscape. Grass waved in the gentle breeze, and rustling leaves whispered their songs.

The previous description is a completely inaccurate description of the following scene. A proper explanation would be something more along the lines of, "The innocent bystander was rushing so quickly from the horrendous beast drawing closer by the second that he did not give any thought whatsoever to his surroundings, nor the weather." His stick feet pounded the ground and he breathed heavily, his eyes revealing the essence of utmost terror. He feared for his life. The monsters behind him was drawing closer with terrifying ease. It did not seem to make any noise as it traveled - merely a soft, fluid sound that reminded one of flowing water. It glided closer, and the stickman looked over his shoulder to measure the distance between himself and the source of his impending demise.

This was his fatal mistake. As he rotated his head to observe the beast, he did not notice that the mountain he had seen approaching from the horizon was much, much closer than he anticpated. He tripped over one of the sharp, unnaturally jagged steps and crashed his forehead into a stone.

For a moment, he rested there bleeding on the step. His life flashed before his eyes - magically appearing into the air above a curious red flag, making new friends in his comfortable home, and living a painless life. That is, until he crossed that bridge.

Then the last hour had been a blur of terror.

A shadow fell over him, making the pitch-black night seem even darker. He shut his eyes and tried to think of at least one happy thing before he died.

There wasn't enough time to think. The next second he was gone.

6 HOURS LATER

Abruptly, a faceless voice said from everywhere in a loud, annoying fashion, "THE SERVER IS NOW TURNED ON." The moon fell behind the mountains and a sun instantly appeared in the bright blue sky.

The various stick citizens of the peaceful town known simply as "Noobtown" instantly woke up from their peaceful slumbers. They sleepily trotted out of their respective houses and began to mingle, discussing the last night's dreams and things they planned to do that day.

The irritating, unnatural voice said, "SERVER NEWS FOR OCTOBER FOURTH, 2009: MEIUN, OUR BELOVED HEAD PROGRAMMER, HAS PERISHED DUE TO AN UNFORTUNATE INCIDENT LAST NIGHT. I WOULD PROBABLY CARE MORE IF I WAS CAPABLE OF EMOTIONAL RESPONSE. THAT IS ALL."

The stickmen were frozen in shock. Meiun was incapable of death, he was the god of Stick Online! Clearly this was the result of some cruel twist of fate, or perhaps the handiwork of some stupid story writer unable to think of proper storylines.

The voice then returned again, much to the dismay of the stickmen. "OH, AND ONE MORE THING. SINCE A SPACETIME DISTORTION PARADOX HAS OCURRED FOR UNSPECIFIED REASONS, MEIUN'S DEATH HAS ALSO ACTUALLY KILLED HIS REAL LIFE PLAYER, DUSTIN MILLER. NEEDLESS TO SAY, SINCE NO ONE WILL BE PAYING FOR THIS SERVER, YOU HAVE APRROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS REMAINING TO PLAY. ALSO, THE SPACETIME PARADOX HAS REVERTED ALL YOUR STATS TO THE MINIMUM POSSIBILITY, AS WELL AS COMPLETELY ALTERED THE GAMEPLAY STYLE OF STICK ONLINE."

Various events transpired. After a big, long, boring conversation, a bright fellow named Ehpick suggested that they might be able to save themselves if they found the source of the paradox and reversed it. Sword said that finding Meiun's corpse and bringing it back to life somehow might not only reverse the paradox effects, but also revive Dustin so he could continue paying for the server. The rest of the characters had no better ideas.

And hence, an epic quest began...

The stickmen decided that dividing into two parties of four would be the most logical decision. These two parties are:

1.) Mystery, Trogdor, Ehpick, Croz
2.) Pat, Clocky, Sword, Ceroblitz

TUTORIAL SCENARIO

Approaching the bridge, both parties saw that it tranversed a rushing river. Ceroblitz suggested that they could try swimming across instead. What will the parties do?

StiQuest starts NOW! Parties, start voting!
Whee!

Mystery

Mystery: "I say we cross using the bridge. It looks much safer."

crozier

Croz " I certainly dont want to swim, my clothes may get damp. I think crossing the bridge is the best idea."

Forum

Sword: "Yea i'd say crossing the bridge would be the simplest way across."
Officially quitted

11clock

Clocky: "Let's go across the bridge. The water looks dangerous."

Ceroblitz

Ceroblitz: "I changed my mind.. I decide to steadily go on the bridge"

LeGuy

Party 2, having reached a majority decison, chooses to walk across the bridge. They cross it without any trouble whatsoever.

Slightly encouraged, they walk closer to the dark forest that looms in the distance. But out of nowhere, a blob materializes! It lunges at them! Oh noes!

Party 2 has engaged in an epic battle with BLUE BLOB (75 HP) !

It is Party 2's turn!

Note: Remember, you all are level 1 (1/1/1/1), have Punch and Kick, No Hat inventories, and have 100 HP and SP!
Whee!