News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

this is a message to meiun

Started by jojotellier, October 08, 2009, 05:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Meiun on October 09, 2009, 08:31:19 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 09, 2009, 03:23:38 PM
Quote from: Meiun on October 09, 2009, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: foG on October 09, 2009, 12:20:18 PM
I wonder... Once SOv3 is released and the donor server still up and new players will donate for SO3 will they also get access to the SOv2 server?
I haven't decided on that yet.
Is there a chance you could sell the source for SOv2 once SOv3 is up? I'm sure many people would be interested (myself included) because a lot of us found this game through the GM community. I think I could learn a lot from something like that...just an idea I'm throwing out there. (And I am not saying donors get the source...you have to pay a completely separate fee to buy it or something like that.
I definitely have zero intention to sell any of the source or other work from any of the versions of Stick Online. Both myself and the others involved have spent a lot of work on it, and have really managed to turn it into somewhat of a popular and "known" game (as far as freelance projects go at least). I think I am probably speaking for more than just myself when I say that I take too much pride in my work to simply sell out on it, or allow for a bunch of clones to a copyright game that is still being developed (even if not on the version that would be sold).
That's perfectly fine. I was just throwing it out there because Jake did something along the lines of that with NFO. I am glad to hear you take huge amount of pride in your work...that makes awaiting v3 all the more suspenseful.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Jake

I sold the old version for learning purposes a long time ago.

EpicPhailure

Ah, but you're still working on the big update or no?

Jake

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 09, 2009, 11:48:31 PM
No. I've been recoding the game for the past year or so, not updating it. Lingus, Scotty, and Teej have been loyal teammates on the project, but I have not been very loyal to them, sadly.

Chaos

Quote from: Jake on October 10, 2009, 01:23:49 AM
No. I've been recoding the game for the past year or so, not updating it. Lingus, Scotty, and Teej have been loyal teammates on the project, but I have not been very loyal to them, sadly.

:(
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Torch

No. I've been recoding the game for the past year or so, not updating it.
I don't understand the difference.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Torch on October 10, 2009, 08:32:53 AM
I didn't know the sponge was supposed to be wet.

Jake

An update is a modification of the current game. This is a different game completely. My choice words of a recode might not have been the best.

And I apologize Chaos. I was quickly referring to the people who have been working on the game with me since it's conception when I made that post. There's no doubt you have been a huge help when your around.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the topic  :-\

Chaos

Quote from: Jake on October 10, 2009, 01:25:31 PM
An update is a modification of the current game. This is a different game completely. My choice words of a recode might not have been the best.

And I apologize Chaos. I was quickly referring to the people who have been working on the game with me since it's conception when I made that post. There's no doubt you have been a huge help when your around.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the topic  :-\

Yeah, I know, I'm just messin with ya.  I'm wasn't around since the start, and my contributions in the past have been spotty at best.   ;)
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

HamsterPants

There is no turning back, but it was fun while it lasted, I know that Teej had a great time working with you, Jake.

Lingus

We love you Jake!!!!