News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NFO, what happend?

Started by JoEL, December 08, 2009, 02:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoEL

Does anyone know what happened to Nightfall-Online?

I noticed the site doesn't exist anymore and previously before that the server for the game had also been removed from existence.

Scotty

The team is slowly working on re-doing the game.  The site came down after the game pretty much died down, figuring it wasn't worth the cost to keep the web server up and running.

JoEL

Oh fair enough, I guess that's a good reason, I just assumed it's development was cancelled.

Scotty

So did the rest of the team.  Jake has re-assured us that development has in fact not stopped.

JoEL

Well I'm glad to hear! Keep up the work Jake and the rest of the team :)

Lingus

And actually the game server is still up. It's just that because Jake uses No-IP he has to refresh it every once in a while or it becomes inactive.

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on December 08, 2009, 04:15:41 PM
And actually the game server is still up. It's just that because Jake uses No-IP he has to refresh it every once in a while or it becomes inactive.
Yeah, why do I even use it?

Delicious

Never played "NFO", but it sounds good. I guess I'm glad it is still being worked on so I have a chance to play.  ;)
<3

Doogie

Its on and off development because Jake is lazy. Though nowhere near as lazy as me :)

Lingus

Quote from: Jake on December 09, 2009, 05:29:48 AM
Quote from: Lingus on December 08, 2009, 04:15:41 PM
Yeah, why do I even use it?
Lol, I'm not sure. We have a static IP here. I think you did it in case you ever moved the server somewhere else with a dynamic IP.

NotoriousM4^

No offense or anything, but I've always been curious as to why the Original NFO is still up and running. It almost seems as if nobody plays it. Wouldn't it be more simple/less of a hassle to just make it a one player game/demo, seeing as nowadays the average player online is one to almost none anyways.
Edit: Fixed a typo  ;)

Lingus

It is still up because it is literally no effort to keep it up. I host it on a spare server at my work. It takes up little to no bandwidth, and I pretty much do nothing to moderate it. Also, on the rare occasion that more than one person is online it makes it that much more enjoyable. Not to mention when I was doing it, it was really fun to pop on the server and have spawn parties with the people who were online at the time. As of now, you are right, really no one plays, but there can always be a resurgence of interest... who knows.

Turkey

BTW, i just tried to get on, and the server was down. *cry*

Lingus

Yep, as mentioned no-ip needs to be reset. Of course, I haven't logged on the server in forever so it may be on my end. I'll check it out.

Btw, Jake, where do people get the download link? Since the website is down atm, is there anywhere they can get it?