News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NFO, what happend?

Started by JoEL, December 08, 2009, 02:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 13, 2010, 09:55:24 PM
Quote from: Lingus on December 13, 2010, 06:41:56 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 12, 2010, 02:40:28 PM
Well, Lingus? Have we enough interest yet? :)
Possibly. I just want to make sure I don't go through the trouble of setting everything up just to have 1 or 2 people signed in at odd hours. Not to mention I personally don't have much time anymore to log in and spawn stuff very often.

DO IT.
I second this notion!

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Lingus on December 13, 2010, 06:41:56 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 12, 2010, 02:40:28 PM
Well, Lingus? Have we enough interest yet? :)
Possibly. I just want to make sure I don't go through the trouble of setting everything up just to have 1 or 2 people signed in at odd hours. Not to mention I personally don't have much time anymore to log in and spawn stuff very often.

Make a couple of other people mods??? Anyway, we don't really need spawn parties and stuff all the time anyway.

Mr Pwnage

Also if there is no way to implement it into the game and you felt the need to spawn the array of extra monsters...I this possible solution?

You could stay constantly logged into your mod account and than create a macro which continually spawns spawn-only monsters over a period of time. Granted I don't know exactly what you do to spawn monsters, weather it be commands or a GUI for it. But macros in general aren't that hard to program so that could be a solution if your willing to apply a bit of improvisation?

Honestly though, that really isn't a big deal. I just loved that damn game and want to play it. Hell, if hosting a server is too hard, maybe somebody else could host it for you? 
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

TANK

Lingus

To be honest, this is really dependent on Jake. If he doesn't want me to put the server up I'm not going to. If he's okay with it I will consider it.

Making someone a mod won't help. In order to spawn, you have to have a remote connection to the server. The only person who I will allow a connection is Jake at this point, and I'm sure he would agree to that.

Pwnage, not a bad idea, but... if not enough people are logged in and killing monsters there could be an overflow of monsters which will cause the server to crash. The normal spawn does not allow that to happen because I assume once a certain number of monsters spawn it stops spawning until they are killed. Using the manual spawn on the server, you can spawn as many as you want. Around 200+ or there abouts, the server starts to slow up and I imagine will crash at some point.

I mean, essentially, if people really want the server up we can do it probably, but you would just have to be comfortable with not having someone on to spawn monsters very often at all (unless Jake plans on being more active than I am.) Which, to be honest, I can defintely see everyone who really wants to play right now being bored with it in a month or so.

Forum

Quote from: Lingus on December 15, 2010, 09:16:48 PM
To be honest, this is really dependent on Jake. If he doesn't want me to put the server up I'm not going to. If he's okay with it I will consider it.

Making someone a mod won't help. In order to spawn, you have to have a remote connection to the server. The only person who I will allow a connection is Jake at this point, and I'm sure he would agree to that.

Pwnage, not a bad idea, but... if not enough people are logged in and killing monsters there could be an overflow of monsters which will cause the server to crash. The normal spawn does not allow that to happen because I assume once a certain number of monsters spawn it stops spawning until they are killed. Using the manual spawn on the server, you can spawn as many as you want. Around 200+ or there abouts, the server starts to slow up and I imagine will crash at some point.

I mean, essentially, if people really want the server up we can do it probably, but you would just have to be comfortable with not having someone on to spawn monsters very often at all (unless Jake plans on being more active than I am.) Which, to be honest, I can defintely see everyone who really wants to play right now being bored with it in a month or so.
Why don't have monsters already spawned and when they die new monsters spawn..?
Officially quitted

Lingus

That is already the case. But just like when Meiun has spawn partys, people liked doing the same thing in NFO.