News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NFO, what happend?

Started by JoEL, December 08, 2009, 02:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on December 11, 2009, 03:13:16 PM
Yep, as mentioned no-ip needs to be reset. Of course, I haven't logged on the server in forever so it may be on my end. I'll check it out.

Btw, Jake, where do people get the download link? Since the website is down atm, is there anywhere they can get it?
Scavenging through the ruins of what used to be Stick Hangout possibly?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Jake

Yep, as mentioned no-ip needs to be reset. Of course, I haven't logged on the server in forever so it may be on my end. I'll check it out.

Btw, Jake, where do people get the download link? Since the website is down atm, is there anywhere they can get it?
Not sure actually. I'll re-host the game, and get you an updated server in a little bit.

JoEL

I thought the whole point of no-ip was so you didn't have to manually do anything...unless of course you mean because it's been unused and the account has been closed?

Jake

Quote from: JoEL on December 13, 2009, 01:24:14 AM

I thought the whole point of no-ip was so you didn't have to manually do anything...unless of course you mean because it's been unused and the account has been closed?
Yeah since I got a free version, they make me constantly check in otherwise they close it.

Lingus

Jake set up the client so it no longer uses No-IP. The server should never go down now. Here's the new download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fj5y1icoemm

Hope to see you all online!

Jackabomb

I wanna be mod! Spawn parties sound fun...  :(

Lingus

Haha. Yes. They are. Although, like SO, you need access to the server in order to spawn monsters. But, don't worry. Whenever I'm on I do tons of spawning.

Lingus

Server's down for updates.

Also it seems it is deciding to lock itself which causes the GM server not to work. I'll look into that, but if you ever can't get access just PM me here.

Edit: Server is online.

Jackabomb

QuoteBut, don't worry. Whenever I'm on I do tons of spawning.
No, no. I actually want to be the one doing the spawning. That's what makes it fun for me. Spawn parties are great(I've never been to one, so I'm not speaking from experience), but I'd rather be doing the spawning myself...I have a thing for playing God.

Lingus

Quote from: Jackabomb on December 30, 2009, 01:58:04 PM
QuoteBut, don't worry. Whenever I'm on I do tons of spawning.
No, no. I actually want to be the one doing the spawning. That's what makes it fun for me. Spawn parties are great(I've never been to one, so I'm not speaking from experience), but I'd rather be doing the spawning myself...I have a thing for playing God.
Oh, I totally understand. I agree that it's fun... It's just not going to happen. Lol. Think of it this way, if we gave any random person spawning abilities, they could actually crash the server by spawning over 200 monsters. We tried it once when we were testing the new server. Fun times. But yea, there's also other reason why we can't give spawning abilities to just anyone. Sorry to be a downer...

Jackabomb

True. I suppose my quest, then, is to become 'not just a random person', eh?

Lingus

Eh... not really. As mentioned, even regular GMs don't get access. As far as I can see, the only people who will ever have the ability to spawn is Jake and myself. Unless Jake programs something that will allow a client, or a "super" client to be able to spawn monsters. I wouldn't give anyone else remote access to the server computer.

Edit: Btw, I'm on the server now if anyone's interested in playing. I can spawn monsters at intervals as I am at work and may need to minimize to do other tasks.

Jackabomb

I'll hop on in a few minutes.

yottabyte

I'm online now but I'm running at 11 fps D:

Oh and shouldn't this topic be in the Video Games section?

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

teej

Hello everybody, Scotty, Lingus, Jake... how are you guys. Nice to see game still running on line.