News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NFO, what happend?

Started by JoEL, December 08, 2009, 02:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoEL

Quote from: yottabyte on December 31, 2009, 06:51:46 AM
I'm online now but I'm running at 11 fps D:

Oh and shouldn't this topic be in the Video Games section?

I'm not sure, I mean it was more of a question on "what happened to the game" not to discuss it...

krele

And what the hell did I just find on GMC...

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=455664

The game is called... Eventide??? o_O;

And TeeJ, that's a ripoff, saying you're the only developer on the game is just mean =/

foG

Did you read the entire topic? He didn't rip off anything. Those are HIS sprites and stuff, everything eventide is made of, was made by him. And apparently if he sprited all of it, he IS the only developer on it. 

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Jake

Quote from: foG on December 31, 2009, 09:00:31 AM
Did you read the entire topic? He didn't rip off anything. Those are HIS sprites and stuff, everything eventide is made of, was made by him. And apparently if he sprited all of it, he IS the only developer on it. 
Yup. He's making a singleplayer game within the world of NFO while I make the online version. It's perfectly fine.

Jackabomb

Guys, what is up with this?

By jackabomb_ at 2009-12-31

krele

If he create gfx, and jake programmed the game, that doesn't make him sole developer of the game. So shut yer hole...

@Jake:
He doesn't explain this in the topic, so I couldn't know. My bad.

Pat

QuoteBasically, this game was based off JaketheSnake3636's Nightfall Online which I worked (with a team of bright, matured individuals) as the graphic artist, and that's when I thought I could also create an offline version and at the same time allowing both games to enjoy newly created sprite resources as I make them, not to mention the motivation and enjoyment being both programmer and artist
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

JoEL

Quote from: krele on December 31, 2009, 09:17:59 PM
If he create gfx, and jake programmed the game, that doesn't make him sole developer of the game. So shut yer hole...

Teej programmed this himself, therefor you should shut yours and read the whole topic before making assumptions and looking like a fool.

Jake

Quote from: JoEL on January 01, 2010, 03:52:46 AM

Teej programmed this himself, therefor you should shut yours and read the whole topic before making assumptions and looking like a fool.
Lets keep it civil please  :-[, both of ya.

Teej is indeed the sole developer of Evantide, and everything in it is his property.

foG

!@#$in' learn to read before insulting someone who knows what he's talking about, effing idiot.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

stick d00d

Can you still catch fish in this game? I got a fishing rod but can't seem to get any fish.

JoEL

Quote from: stick d00d on January 01, 2010, 03:12:28 PM
Can you still catch fish in this game? I got a fishing rod but can't seem to get any fish.

No you cannot.

teej

Quote from: krele on December 31, 2009, 08:31:04 AM
And what the hell did I just find on GMC...

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=455664

The game is called... Eventide??? o_O;

And TeeJ, that's a ripoff, saying you're the only developer on the game is just mean =/

Ok, let me explain,

NFO team knows that I was to make a single player version called "Nightfall Offline" even before because I want to enjoy developing games, to program... so instead of starting a new project, I told them that I was going to make an offline version so that all sprites that I can make can be used by the NFO game at the same time ideas in my game could be ported to NFO's. I just renamed it to "Eventide" because I didn't want words like "On" or "Off" + "line" on the title anymore, I feel it has been used so many times, and because "Eventide" is somehow related to "Nightfall" so that gives a sense of link to each other. I felt bad of this comment, back in the days when the NFO forums exists, I am usually someone who is constantly creating ideas. Lingus and I creates, (even find ourselves arguing and reasoning) such lengthy topics that were full of thoughts (topics that I long to read again, sadly they're no longer available), and Jake gets there to discuss whatever Lingus and I come up with.

I don't like that accusation... do you really think that I would rip off Jake? I don't enjoy taking advantage of someone's work. I admit though that I had few snippets of codes from Jake before but that's because I asked him for it.

I guess I made myself clear now.

Jackabomb

How does eventide relate to nightfall?

Scotty

Quote from: Jackabomb on January 02, 2010, 01:17:18 PM
How does eventide relate to nightfall?

... Read Teej's post... particularly the large paragraph