News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Yell Command (/y) - Speak to the whole world

Started by Doogie, January 03, 2010, 10:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie

We need a command so we can talk globally to others in the current SO. The current player to world ratio is too low and we need to be able to collaborate with others in killing monsters as it makes the game much more enjoyable and I doubt chat could really be spammed since the game doesn't really get that many players anymore. (I haven't seen more than 10)

Jake

Quote from: Doogie on January 03, 2010, 10:36:48 PM
We need a command so we can talk globally to others in the current SO. The current player to world ratio is too low and we need to be able to collaborate with others in killing monsters as it makes the game much more enjoyable and I doubt chat could really be spammed since the game doesn't really get that many players anymore. (I haven't seen more than 10)
One idea is to allow people to yell, but it takes stamina. That would help with the issue of spam. This idea's been brought up before, but it's a great idea nontheless.

Looperpuck

Good idea. But people can still spam chat, even if there is only a couple on a day. A different way kind of contact people in the game without having to run near them so they can see the chat is a whispering system in game. You could do the command something like /W (persons name here) then type the message. This would allow you to talk to only one person ofcourse. And with this way, you could tell certain people things, instead of the whole community. Only  downside to this idea that I see is that, how would you know if the person would be online  :-\

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Jake

You could also make it so yelling doesn't reach the whole world, but rather twice as far as normal chat.

Scotty

Any feature of the game can be abused in one way or another...

Zario777

Quote from: Looperpuck on January 03, 2010, 10:43:49 PM
Only  downside to this idea that I see is that, how would you know if the person would be online

~Looperpuck

See I had this idea a long time ago that (in blue) a global message pops up telling you when somebody come online/goes offline. I never suggested this idea tho
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

DivineLegend

Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 11:26:06 PM
Quote from: Looperpuck on January 03, 2010, 10:43:49 PM
Only  downside to this idea that I see is that, how would you know if the person would be online

~Looperpuck

See I had this idea a long time ago that (in blue) a global message pops up telling you when somebody come online/goes offline. I never suggested this idea tho
but this doesn't solve the whole issue of knowing if that person was already online or offline when you logged on or the possibilty of you being afk while they logged on and the chat box has scroll past that knowledge for you

Jezza

But people can still spam chat,

~Looperpuck
[/quote]

not necessarily i played a mmo ( names not important )
that u can chat to the hole world and it cost some money
and theres a time delay so people cant spam the damn chat.

stupid spammers

Snakeman

I've been wanting something like this. It would perhaps cost you a little bit of pocket change (Maybe around 1000 or so). And it would also have a cooldown of perhaps 10-30 seconds between messages to avoid spam. (With a more-spread out anti-spam script going, that works much like the same for the local chat.)

This would both fulfill the desires of the people and also not be able to be spammed by annoying little bastards who join and try to spam the game outta nowhere (It isn't easy to get 1000 gold outta nowhere unless you're one lucky shmuck!)

Along with that, but it would GIVE MONEY SOME VALUE FOR ONCE. >:[

11clock

EpicPhailure

Quote from: 11clock on January 11, 2010, 07:36:42 PM
GMs can already do this.

That's why we make it so that it isn't on par with the GM's ability. Like what Jake said about making it reach twice as far instead of the whole world.

Maplestory lets you buy Super Megaphones (smegas) that sends a message to every channel. There are also megaphones, which sends a message to everyone in your channel. Actually, instead of sending a message, it's more like a chat channel that everybody can read.

LeGuy

It would be really cool to have sort of a cellphone concept in the game. It's also your PDA, so you use it to organize your inventory, stats, and skills, and you would pay cell service - either an unlimited plan, with some reasonable figure (Perhaps 5000g a month?) to send as many long-distance messages as you want, or just go with a 200g per message plan if you're not exactly a manic texter.
Whee!

EpicPhailure

Quote from: LeGuy on January 11, 2010, 09:18:33 PM
It would be really cool to have sort of a cellphone concept in the game. It's also your PDA, so you use it to organize your inventory, stats, and skills, and you would pay cell service - either an unlimited plan, with some reasonable figure (Perhaps 5000g a month?) to send as many long-distance messages as you want, or just go with a 200g per message plan if you're not exactly a manic texter.

This is genius.

Snakeman

Quote from: LeGuy on January 11, 2010, 09:18:33 PM

And then all we need is the online list put up somewhere (perhaps the pvp league site or something) and then if you wanna find out who's on and then message them accordingly.

LeGuy

I just had another idea. Quite frankly, it's so amazing that I'm only going to reveal a teeny little bit to you guys so you don't steal it. I want to someday incorporate into my own MMO, provided I ever get around to making it.

Essentially, there are a bunch of cell towers spread across the world. Clans fight over them, because whoever owns the tower owns the service. If the Shady Gang owned the Arena tower and the Ham Clan owned the Temple tower, and the two clans were at war, then the Shadies would bar all non-Shady communication, and the Ham Clan members would not be able to communicate long-distance, putting them at a disadvantage.

Besides warfare, there could economical aspects - image the Shadies and the Ham Clan were not at war, but instead neutral. The Shadies could charge the Ham Clan a small fee to use service in their tower zones, and the Hams likewise. If they had a somewhat negative relationship, they could charge them unreasonable fees, but still allow them communication. Or if they were allies, then service would be free.

Naturally, the resource of communication would be highly coveted. If one clan wanted a tower, they could purchase it from them. If they denied the offer, they could ask for cheaper service. If they denied that, then a full-out war could break about between the two clans over the tower.
Whee!