News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What's happening with SO3?

Started by stick d00d, January 23, 2010, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

I know I'm not the only one asking/wondering this, I think it would be nice to know the progress of SO3.. whether it be screenshots or something that will be in the game, what's happening with SO3? what can we expect? etc. We've been in the dark for a long time and would just like to know how it's coming along, if that isn't too much to ask. Thanks.

Scotty

DivineLegend

we have seen a screeny i think of part of the map of SO3, and i think that has been all we have seen. the SO group is keeping it hush hush whether it is to suprise us, or because they don't have as much done as we had hoped

stick d00d

Yeah I saw the map thing before, but I believe venuse made it so idk if it is being used, as Delicious is the new spriter, I was just hoping Meiun or Delicious could give some info. Also, i'm all for surprises but we haven't really seen much at all, if very little.

Lucifer

That example was a looonngg time ago, I wouldn't be surprised if Venuse has made massive edits to it. From what I understand Venuse is still spriting, Delicious didn't "replace" him, he was just added to the team.

Personally, the only thing I need to see to raise my hopes is the new Blob. (:

Scotty

/sarcasm-on

I think most could agree that the future of SOv3 is a bigger disappointment than the crucifixion!

/sarcasm-off

Meiun

I've always tended to lean towards the big bang approach when it comes to releasing info on new projects. We do this for a number of reasons. Some of the biggest reasons being:

-As it is still in development, things change rapidly, stuff is still being planned out, we can't promise that anything we show will end up being how it stays.
-We want to be sure that when you see it, it is quality material
-And one of the biggest, is that at least half my time (if not much more) towards the end of Stick Online being publicly available was spent simply "managing" the game, answering questions, helping people, and communicating with the community. While I still enjoy doing all these things, I decided early on that it would lead to a much more smooth and focused development process if we simply kept most of the development as internal as possible.
-Lastly, while the game will come, the scope of V3 as a project is much bigger than the current version (V2), and therefore I would rather wait until there is more to show before making any regular status updates on the project.
-I've always loved surprises =]

As for how it is coming, all I can really say is be patient. College has been taking away most of the free time that I use to be able to dedicate to working on Stick, so most of the time things are going fairly slowly. However, a great deal of the stuff I learn each semester of college ends up being extremely helpful when it comes to the games development, so it really is almost worth it in the long run. Even when I don't have time to work on it, it is still something I think about, get new ideas for, and even talk to the other team members about on a near daily basis. But either way, things are going, and unlike 99.9% of MMO attempts with GM, I always have, and will continue to follow through on my projects. I was one of the very first people to actually make a legit MMO utilizing GM, and am quite certain that it was probably the most popular one made as well (having over 250 people playing simultaneously on numerous occasions). Stick Online has been a passion of mine for over 6 years (longer than a number of you guys have probably even been playing online games), I definitely have no plans of stopping any time soon.

DivineLegend

Quote from: Meiun on January 24, 2010, 12:20:03 AM
I've always tended to lean towards the big bang approach when it comes to releasing info on new projects. We do this for a number of reasons. Some of the biggest reasons being:

-As it is still in development, things change rapidly, stuff is still being planned out, we can't promise that anything we show will end up being how it stays.
-We want to be sure that when you see it, it is quality material
-And one of the biggest, is that at least half my time (if not much more) towards the end of Stick Online being publicly available was spent simply "managing" the game, answering questions, helping people, and communicating with the community. While I still enjoy doing all these things, I decided early on that it would lead to a much more smooth and focused development process if we simply kept most of the development as internal as possible.
-Lastly, while the game will come, the scope of V3 as a project is much bigger than the current version (V2), and therefore I would rather wait until there is more to show before making any regular status updates on the project.
-I've always loved surprises =]

As for how it is coming, all I can really say is be patient. College has been taking away most of the free time that I use to be able to dedicate to working on Stick, so most of the time things are going fairly slowly. However, a great deal of the stuff I learn each semester of college ends up being extremely helpful when it comes to the games development, so it really is almost worth it in the long run. Even when I don't have time to work on it, it is still something I think about, get new ideas for, and even talk to the other team members about on a near daily basis. But either way, things are going, and unlike 99.9% of MMO attempts with GM, I always have, and will continue to follow through on my projects. I was one of the very first people to actually make a legit MMO utilizing GM, and am quite certain that it was probably the most popular one made as well (having over 250 people playing simultaneously on numerous occasions). Stick Online has been a passion of mine for over 6 years (longer than a number of you guys have probably even been playing online games), I definitely have no plans of stopping any time soon.
and its reasons like that that i can wait lol....

wrinkles

Seifer

Beleive me, he's not blowing air out his ass, progress is truly being made. Though not by me. I'm lazy.

Manzy

Quote from: Seifer on January 25, 2010, 11:25:09 AM
Beleive me, he's not blowing air out his ass, progress is truly being made. Though not by me. I'm lazy.

Lol. That post just made my day. :)

Hambone

It's nice to know progress is being made. I think we'd just like to be reminded more often.

Looperpuck

Thanks for explaining the situation, Meiun. I'm sure everyone appreciates it. :)

~Looperpuck
Resurrected