News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Bricopacks.

Started by DarkBlade325, February 05, 2010, 06:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Ive been using good ol' Windows XP for a long while now. And while Vista and Windows 7 may look good, they still have alot of flaws. Until I see some of those cleaned up, I'm sticking with XP for now...But like I said, it sure looks pretty..

Yeah so a couple of people made these things called Bricopacks, which change the look of your taskbar/desktop in certain ways. One of which gives XP users the LOOKS of Vista, while still being able to keep XP. A link down below.

http://www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.130.htm

There's a couple of others, but this one looks quite nice. Oh, little warning though. Don't install it if you have a x64 version of Windows XP.

I havn't installed this yet because of another small risk: "If for X reasons your machine not work with the first boot following the installation of the pack, you can restore your system: Put your CD of XP in the reader and launch the restore console. Type "R" at the invites setup. You have the console with prompt "the c:\WINDOWS >", type: "BATCH BricoPackUninst.txt". Type EXIT when the operation finished."

In other words, you may have to reinstall XP if the pack screws up, so I'm not taking that risk as of yet since I don't have my XP disk in hand. My main reason for making this thread is, do any of you guys use these? If so, have you had any trouble or slowdown after installation? It looks really nice.

EDIT: Well I got it installed and had a backup ready, but luckly I didn't need it. This looks damn good.

Pat

The main reason I need to upgrade to vista or w7 is for a 64 bit os, because I have 1 gb of ram that can't be used.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

yottabyte

...or you could just patch your uxtheme.dll (which is very easy, run an exe and you're done) and installing new themes is easy like a cake. I've had several themes the past years.

google uxtheme.dll and you'll get thousands of guides, it's really much better that using software which takes ram when they're running in the background, like stylexp is one bad example if you ask me.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Chaos

Speaking as someone who's been using Vista for nearly 3 years now, I should point out:

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on February 05, 2010, 06:31:43 AM
And while Vista and Windows 7 may look good, they still have alot of flaws.

Not really.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster