News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Hotkeys

Started by Danimal, July 05, 2009, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should hotkeys be allowed in the Official Tournament?

Yes definately.
27 (52.9%)
No, it's unfair.
19 (37.3%)
I don't mind.
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Danimal

This has always been a difficult decision when it comes to pvp matches, so the winning vote in this poll will be put into the tourny.

Poll Ends WEDNESDAY 5pm GMT+1

Okay, so Hotkeys are only allowed in a fight, if both players agree beforehand.

Seifer

Anyone could use hotkeys, but they are only useful when you have alot of rare equipment. Such as GS, Slasher, Spire, Green beret, DKH.

It's very advantageous to switch from a slow weapon to a fast weapon, or switch from GB to DKH After taking a couple hits. The problem with this is that these items are extremely rare. And while some people litterally hunt for these items non-stop, they still do not attain them. Sometimes we are just unlucky.

Tl;DR=Hotkeys are only really useful when you have rare items. Making pvp come down to who has better luck, not who has better skill.

ARTgames

Its not unfair when every one can do it.

CherryPie

Quote from: ARTgames on July 05, 2009, 11:12:34 AM

thats exactly my point, eveyone who want to do it, can do so, so how could they be unfair?

foG

I think at least tournaments should be kept old school. That's my opinion.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Twinky

Seifer makes a pretty good point, so I'd say no.
Now if they were actually part of the game itself and not an add-on, different story.

Lucifer

Quote from: CherryPie on July 05, 2009, 11:45:11 AM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 05, 2009, 11:12:34 AM

thats exactly my point, eveyone who want to do it, can do so, so how could they be unfair?

It's unfair because not everyone Wants to. I personally don't like hotkeys at all, unless I'm looking for a bit more convenient way to level up. Using them in PVP just seems unrealistic and stupid. Forcing people to do something they don't want to and making them use hotkeys because You are using them is ridiculous. And yes, you are forcing them, because with hotkeys you have a HUGE advantage. I feel hotkeys should either be illegal, or implemented in the game itself.

ARTgames

Quote from: Seifer on July 05, 2009, 10:10:46 AM
Anyone could use hotkeys, but they are only useful when you have alot of rare equipment. Such as GS, Slasher, Spire, Green beret, DKH.

It's very advantageous to switch from a slow weapon to a fast weapon, or switch from GB to DKH After taking a couple hits. The problem with this is that these items are extremely rare. And while some people litterally hunt for these items non-stop, they still do not attain them. Sometimes we are just unlucky.

Tl;DR=Hotkeys are only really useful when you have rare items. Making pvp come down to who has better luck, not who has better skill.

I did not even read your post. sorry for some reason i thought you were a ad.

Heres the problem with your post. This is not a hotkeys problem. These items are still better using hotkeys or not. So its still a matter of luck non the less.

You also say there are only useful for rar items. I had one that switch from my pirate to my wizy and it was useful. and nether of those items are hard to get. I could take out the word hotkey in your post and it still wold be true.

QuoteIt's unfair because not everyone Wants to.

than dont use them. why must some one who whats to use hotkey not because you want dont them to?

Petro

Do the "I don't mind" votes count for yes, or count for nothing?

ARTgames

Quote from: Petro on July 05, 2009, 02:58:41 PM

i voted that and i thought it means the same thing as "ether way is fine". i hope it does!

Petro

Quote from: ARTgames on July 05, 2009, 03:03:32 PM

i voted that and i thought it means the same thing as "ether way is fine". i hope it does!

Wouldn't it meaning "ether way is fine" really count for nothing in this poll? Since if Yes gets the majority, there will be hotkeys and if no gets the majority, there won't.

ARTgames

Quote from: Petro on July 05, 2009, 03:06:09 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 05, 2009, 03:03:32 PM

Wouldn't it meaning "ether way is fine" really count for nothing in this poll? Since if Yes gets the majority, there will be hotkeys and if no gets the majority, there won't.

the I don't mind would count for the "yes" because that person does not mind if hotkeys are used. It wouldn't be a no because they don't hate that idea of them being used.

Danimal

The i don't mind shows me the % of people that don't mind. It neither counts for a yes or a no, merely to give me an idea on how much one way or the other the vote is...

ARTgames

Quote from: Danimal on July 05, 2009, 03:32:15 PM
The i don't mind shows me the % of people that don't mind. It neither counts for a yes or a no, merely to give me an idea on how much one way or the other the vote is...

If the % of people who "mind" is higher than the % of people "who whats to" but the % of people who "don't mind" with the % "who what to" is higher than the % of people who "mind" than will that still cause a no hotkeys rule? If so i dont think thats far.

GaZ

I voted no, simply because I agree with Seifer, I could use slasher followed immediately by IS.  I don't purely because then I have a huge advantage, and after all my IS drop was down to luck. In a way you could say because of the luck of that IS drop, it made it far easier for me to be the first to reach level 100.