News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Hotkeys

Started by Danimal, July 05, 2009, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should hotkeys be allowed in the Official Tournament?

Yes definately.
27 (52.9%)
No, it's unfair.
19 (37.3%)
I don't mind.
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

ARTgames

QuoteAdding in a hotkey element screws with all that and allows anyone to switch their gear quickly without putting in any extra effort to do so. People who don't use that tactic are now at a disadvantage. For something that is not officially part of the game to alter the dynamics of an official tournament to that extent should not be allowed.

I know these seems off topic but how would your feel if it was built in.

Lingus

Then it would be acceptable.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 08:10:13 PM
Then it would be acceptable.

Why is that? Just what to know.

Lingus

Because then it would be an official function of the game. There would be no valid reason to disallow it from an official tournament. It would be similar to saying you can't jump during an official tournament because it gives certain people who know how to use it correctly an advantage over those that don't. Hot keys would give an advantage to certain people, but if it's an official feature of the game, there's no reason to disallow it. Since it's not though, it is unfair to allow people to use it.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 09:27:56 PM
Because then it would be an official function of the game. There would be no valid reason to disallow it from an official tournament. It would be similar to saying you can't jump during an official tournament because it gives certain people who know how to use it correctly an advantage over those that don't. Hot keys would give an advantage to certain people, but if it's an official feature of the game, there's no reason to disallow it. Since it's not though, it is unfair to allow people to use it.

This is also hypothetical but what if meiun sent out a hotkey program with stick online?

EpicPhailure

Quote from: ARTgames on July 06, 2009, 10:58:09 PM

This is also hypothetical but what if meiun sent out a hotkey program with stick online?

Then wouldn't that be completely 'legal' (referring back to the previous argument about the status of hotkey programs)? Because it's what the creator intended. So therefore, there's nothing wrong with it.

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 06, 2009, 11:23:47 PM

Then wouldn't that be completely 'legal' (referring back to the previous argument about the status of hotkey programs)? Because it's what the creator intended. So therefore, there's nothing wrong with it.

Im not sure what your talking about. are you talking about it would be 'legal' to use them if meiun sent it with the program? i dont what to put keystrokes into your hands so please verify.

Lingus

That's a tough one. I would think that the reason why it wasn't included in the actual programming of the game would be because it wasn't intended as part of the official game. That would be considered an official add-on or mod. At that point, it depends on the host of the tournament. If it's an official tournament, it would be up to the moderators to decide the terms and rules of the tournament. Should official add-ons be allowed? There wouldn't be anything wrong with that, it's just up to preferrence.

Lucifer

Why don't we have a system where the players ask eachother if they want to use hotkeys or not, and if both players don't say yes then they won't be used? If hotkeyers wana buttsex other hotkeyers I don't care, but frankly I don't want to have people switching items at lightspeed on me, and it shouldn't be forced on anyone else either.

That way hotkeys Are allowed, but, they also aren't forced on anyone. (Basically the same system used in most tourneys anyways.)

God-I-Suck

Quote from: Lucifer on July 08, 2009, 02:53:21 PM
Why don't we have a system where the players ask eachother if they want to use hotkeys or not, and if both players don't say yes then they won't be used? If hotkeyers wana buttsex other hotkeyers I don't care, but frankly I don't want to have people switching items at lightspeed on me, and it shouldn't be forced on anyone else either.

Thank God, someone with a brilliant idea.

Danimal

That's a genious idea! okay we're going with that...=D

ARTgames

Lol really? 3 pages and no one consider this?

Lucifer

Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2009, 03:14:33 PM
We were mostly arguing about wether or not hotkeys should be allowed at All in an official tournament, and apparently according to the polls most people feel they should.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lucifer on July 08, 2009, 03:16:09 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2009, 03:14:33 PM
We were mostly arguing about wether or not hotkeys should be allowed at All in an official tournament, and apparently according to the polls most people feel they should.

Lol should have been the first post.