News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Question about damage/drops.

Started by Supercowy, July 09, 2009, 10:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercowy

hello,

I was asking myself the following question, because I kind of forgot how the system works at the moment. When you hit a monster(let's say a DS) Now the percentage of getting drops get's higher the more damage you do. Let's say a DS has 5000 health. Did I reach the 100% quote once I did 5000 damage, or did I reach it when I did like 1000 damage already(making it useless to fight any longer because you are already at 100%). That is my question. Hope someone has an answer to this.

~supercowy

CherryPie

well at some points you are right, at some points not.
monsters have a threshold that is different from mob to mob. If you reach that threshold, let's say its at 75 % and u did 3/4 of the dmg to it, your chances won't improve, so it would be the same if you would do 3/4, 5/6 or even kill it completely.

Supercowy

Quote from: CherryPie on July 09, 2009, 12:37:26 PM
well at some points you are right, at some points not.
monsters have a threshold that is different from mob to mob. If you reach that threshold, let's say its at 75 % and u did 3/4 of the dmg to it, your chances won't improve, so it would be the same if you would do 3/4, 5/6 or even kill it completely.

I don't get what you are trying to explain. Could you be a bit more clear?

Seifer

We aren't going to say what the threshold is, but your right Epic. Say a DS has 5000 hp, once you do 1000 damage, you wont improve your chance at drops further by hitting it. Most mobs thresholds are relativly low in comparison to theyre hp, so many people can all hit said threshold.

I would say if a DS had... 5000 hp. Than the threshold may be 500 hp. This is all rough estimates. But you get the idea.

ARTgames

It would be cool if it told you when you reached it.

Supercowy

Hmm ok, that means I need like 10 hits with kat to reach the treshold for ds. This helped alot:D

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Seifer on July 09, 2009, 01:52:35 PM
We aren't going to say what the threshold is, but your right Epic. Say a DS has 5000 hp, once you do 1000 damage, you wont improve your chance at drops further by hitting it. Most mobs thresholds are relativly low in comparison to theyre hp, so many people can all hit said threshold.

I would say if a DS had... 5000 hp. Than the threshold may be 500 hp. This is all rough estimates. But you get the idea.

What?

Seifer

I meant Supercowy. Sorry!

BUT! Like I said, those aren't the real numbers. I do not even know them. Get used to figured out when you've hit it enough to get as much gold as you can.

CherryPie

realtively low? In the old forums I remember a gm saying the threshold of the RB was something around 3/4 hp of its hp.
If you could at least state, that it is less than half in general, I would give others the chance to get in way more hits :)

Lingus

It makes sense that it's relatively low. Certainly less than half. If it were any more than half, then only 1 person would be able to reach the threshold. It makes more sense, especially with bosses/mini-bosses, that it's something like 1/10 or 1/20 or so. Considering how many people it takes to kill a DS, not to mention an SG, most people fighting it should be able to get threshold before it dies. With lower HP monsters, it makes more sense to be around 1/4 or 1/5 or something.

Of course, I have no idea...

Seifer

Lingus has the idea. The threshold isn't set up to give a solo'er or someone with high strength an advantage. It's set up so you can't just get 1 hit in and afk and expect full loot.

ARTgames

Quote from: Seifer on July 09, 2009, 05:30:53 PM
Lingus has the idea. The threshold isn't set up to give a solo'er or someone with high strength an advantage. It's set up so you can't just get 1 hit in and afk and expect full loot.

But can people with higher strength reach it faster?

Lingus

Well, I think what he meant was that it wouldn't give someone with high str the ability to get the threshold and no one else would. Obviously they would reach the threshold faster.

ARTgames

ok thank you. That's one reason why i did not want to be 100% agi. I wanted to be able to get items also.

Meiun

Let me clear this all up for you guys. Each monster does indeed have a damage threshold that you must reach on him in order to get your maximum quota/rates for exp/drops. This threshold is different for each monster, and once it is reached, doing more damage will not further increase your odds (only give you maximum possible chances for drops/max exp etc.). So lets say there as a monster with 500 hp, and his threshold was 100. If you dealt 50 before it died, you would gain 50% of the max exp, and have 50% regular drop rates on it. The threshold is usually set up so that multiple people can get full rates if they split the work evenly. On boss monsters, it is generaly set up so that quite a few people can get max rates (on a Dark Sage or Rock Beast for instance, you only need to do a fraction of the work to get max rates). If you die or get a couple screens away from the enemy you lose your quota on the monster.