News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Am I being Honest?

Started by TheLegendTamer, May 12, 2010, 04:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLegendTamer

Okay. I have a friend, who is a donator. His username is Rhamptom51. Okay. Today he came by and asked me if I wanted to play stick online, and I'm like "YES!!! But I need to donate...", and he's like "well I can give you the client." then I'm like "You donated?!?". He said he'd give me his password and username and told me he no longer wanted to play and that I could have his account if I wanted and I'm like O.o ZOMG "Thanks dude!". He emailed me the client and I downloaded and I am on now I beleive. Says there's only 2 players online tho...

but here's my question, is it wrong for me to do this? Because I didn't donate? Or does it count as he donating for me? I dunno, somethin feels off. The cool thing is he has almost everthing I had in my old inventory. Or am I wrong for this?

The version says 0.0224 and there's only 2 people online. I dunno. I'm sure I have the right version though.

If I'm not doing anything wrong I'd certainly like a change in username. He has similar stats and inventory I do, save the Dragoon helm(s).

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

crozier

In my opinion it seems fine.
You are saving an account. Rather it not go to waste.
And the 2 player thing.... What time zone are you in?
If you didn't have the right version then it wouldn't let you play, so you do have the right version.
glad you can play too.

foG

Well account sharing is officially not allowed, but as most do anyway and as he stopped playing his account I think it's not all that bad.
And yea the 2 people online, that's because most people hit lvl 100 already or just can't be bothered to play anymore.
Regarding the name change, forget it. Meiun stoped doing stuff like name or password changes. Hope I helped ya there.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

TheLegendTamer

Thanks. It's not unlike Ricky to stop playing suddenly. He's done it before. I'm just glad he gave me his account before he quit. What bothers me now is that some day along the lines he may suddenly want to play again. But knowing ricky... that's not too likely...

tehrozzy

I believe i no longer have to donate for ya then. well...what am i gonna do with the money now?
HOW DAR YOO PREVENT MEH WASTING MAH MONEES ON YOU

Meiun

Sharing accounts is technically against the rules, but honestly in cases like these it isn't neccesarily a big issue. If he wants to give you his account that is his decision, I'm not gonna scold you for it as long as nothing bad comes out of it. The one thing it does do in nearly all cases though is void any sort of support that we would be willing to give towards you, or the original owner in regards to that account. Basically, if you want to give your account to someone else, go for it. But as with any situation that involves giving out your password, if you screw things up for yourself because of it, it's your own fault and we are not neccesarily going to help you fix it.

Also, if you end up giving someone else access to your account who then proceeds to break the rules using it, you could both end up being held responsible (typically we try to avoid this. But seeing as it is against the rules to have shared it to begin with, and it still technically is the original owners responsibility, we do hold the right to hold both or either accountable).

Account sharing is sortof a complex issue that has a lot of difficult scenarios, and can easily get fairly messy. So in general, it is best to just try and avoid all of this to begin with.

TheLegendTamer

K, that means I have to donate/get my account reinstated as soon as possible. I am trying as many ways I can.