News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Mr Pwnage's Sprite and Idea Page *UPDATE: OVER 9000*

Started by Mr Pwnage, July 14, 2009, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

A better idea for drops is that if a monster has a 1/500 chance on dropping something and you kill one it goes to 1/499 kill another 1/498 and so on. If you got the item the drop rate would reset.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Lucifer

I'm liking the ideas of having the chance of items dropping the more you kill monsters. The way the game is right now can be very dissapointing, and some people have gone months of farming specific monsters and gotten nothing. (Do I even need to mention Celson? ><)

Lingus

Quote from: Titan on July 17, 2009, 03:14:58 PM
A better idea for drops is that if a monster has a 1/500 chance on dropping something and you kill one it goes to 1/499 kill another 1/498 and so on. If you got the item the drop rate would reset.
Same thing Mr Pwnage just shot down except even worse. That would make all drops a garaunteed reward. Except of course, you've said that it would be any drop from a given monster, so really what would end up happening is before the 500 kills are up you'd get something lame like a wizard hat and the counter would reset. It wouldn't actually make any difference at all.

I actually kind of like the idea of drop rates increasing as you kill monsters... but that's kind of off topic. In any case, to add onto that idea, it should only count the number of kills within the last hour or two. And the percentage change shouldn't be as drastic. More like .05 per kill or something. This way there's some element of urgency that you have to kill a lot of monsters in a short period of time for the drop rate to increase by any significant amount.

Titan

Or mabye have it so the most it can go down is 50% or something.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Lingus

O_O

That's still crazy because that would make the drop rate 1 in 2. Meaning every 2 kills you should be getting a drop.

In any event, none of this is on topic. Pwnage's idea is clearly not related in any way to normal monster drops. He intended it to be something that would make people more satisfied about not getting drops for a long period of time. If you kill thousands of a specific monster, you get a prize. This way even if you haven't gotten one of their rare drops, at least you got this item that essentially says you've killed a crap ton of these monsters. It's more of a status symbol since the stats wouldn't be as good as the actual drop.

ARTgames

@Garunteed Reward Items
I don't think this will be as much as a problem when trading comes into place.

Mr Pwnage

UPDATE 3 IS HERE!
I have added a new weapon idea and sprite. The weapon is called "Shadow Blade" (SB). Check the first post to see it!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ArtGames

Don't like it that much. i don't like the intro sprites. and it seems a bit dark.

scsox

if bbb dropped it it would have to be extreamely rare like an IS or be weak as hell

EpicPhailure

The second frame is odd. Why would he close the distance between his legs?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Epicphail on July 20, 2009, 10:36:01 PM
The second frame is odd. Why would he close the distance between his legs?
That is a very good question indeed...I'll fix it a little later.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

krele

Quote from: Lingus on July 17, 2009, 06:56:24 PM
O_O

That's still crazy because that would make the drop rate 1 in 2. Meaning every 2 kills you should be getting a drop.

In any event, none of this is on topic. Pwnage's idea is clearly not related in any way to normal monster drops. He intended it to be something that would make people more satisfied about not getting drops for a long period of time. If you kill thousands of a specific monster, you get a prize. This way even if you haven't gotten one of their rare drops, at least you got this item that essentially says you've killed a crap ton of these monsters. It's more of a status symbol since the stats wouldn't be as good as the actual drop.
Not what he meant... He meant the rate can go down BY 50%, not to 50%, so a chance of 1/300 would turn to 1/150...

Atleast I HOPE he meant that...

Lingus

Ah, you're probably right. But either way I don't think we should mess with drop rates...

scsox

dude the shadow sword should be dropped by ghosts!!!!!

Mr Pwnage

Thought I would post this in my old ideas topic so that I wouldn't have to make a new thread. I edited the skull mask since many of the other new content are edits...and this is what I came up with...the demonic mask. Maybe it could be dropped by ghosts or something...just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in for suggestions.