News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Casey Anthony found NOT guilty

Started by Yankyal, July 05, 2011, 08:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

TBH I'm tired of hearing this shit on the news. The defense had terrible evidence and I'm glad it's over with.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/05/casey-anthony-trial-verdict_n_890173.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey_anthony_trial/casey-anthony-guilty-murder-caylees-death/story?id=13987918

EDIT:2nd article to reinforce thread in case anyone tries to troll

Gimme your opinions.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Lucifer

Quote from: Yankyal on July 05, 2011, 08:55:07 PM
TBH I'm tired of hearing this shit on the news.
I'm going to stop you right there and give you my honest opinion; !@#$ the news.

darkflash

T-Rok

I can reply to this topic and honestly say, I don't know anything about it. I didn't even know anything was happening in the news. I have no desire to learn what it is either. The news is crap, which is why I stopped watching it many years ago. So if you were so tired of hearing about it on the news, why not just stop watching?

^ opinion before reading.

v opinion after reading.

The same. Except, why is this such a big deal? Do people honestly believe she is the only person in the whole world to do such an act? As usual, it was played up by the news for the viewers. My opinion stays.

DarkTrinity

I heard about this when it first happened and haven't watched the trials or anything since then...
I just hope she doesn't spawn anymore kids... x.x

darkflash

The lesson here is you can murder your kids and you can get away with it if you lie.

Chaos

Quote from: darkflash on July 06, 2011, 11:10:39 AM
The lesson here is you can murder your kids and you can get away with it if you lie.

You know, if you have evidence that irrefutably proves she did it, then you probably should have given that to the police, like, you know, before the trial ended.  And if you don't, then shut up.  The jury decided that the evidence provided was not enough to say she was guilty.

Incidentally, no, I know nothing about the case, nor do I care.  I do know enough about the media, however, to know that T-Rok is correct and it was likely sensationalized to hell and back.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

I quote what a good friend (lawyer for the IRS) said on her facebook.  She "really hates the advent of things like Court TV. Everyone thinks they know best how a case should be handled (even though they never received a law degree) and how it should be decided (even though they are watching from their couches and aren't actually in the courtroom with the jury). I wish people would realize that TV is not actually reality - the life you live is the reality that should be focused upon."

In other words, you aren't there, you have no idea what really happened, in fact no one really does, so how are you more educated than the people who are trying to actually fight/defend the case?

krele

Quote from: T-Rok on July 05, 2011, 09:46:23 PM
I can reply to this topic and honestly say, I don't know anything about it. I didn't even know anything was happening in the news. I have no desire to learn what it is either. The news is crap, which is why I stopped watching it many years ago. So if you were so tired of hearing about it on the news, why not just stop watching?

^ opinion before reading.

v opinion after reading.

The same. Except, why is this such a big deal? Do people honestly believe she is the only person in the whole world to do such an act? As usual, it was played up by the news for the viewers. My opinion stays.
~ Krele

Yankyal

Quote from: T-Rok on July 05, 2011, 09:46:23 PM
why is this such a big deal? Do people honestly believe she is the only person in the whole world to do such an act? As usual, it was played up by the news for the viewers. My opinion stays.
agreed 100%. People kill their kids all the time. I think it may be because she's hot or something, it was on CNN and HLN nonstop and all I could think of was "who the !@#$ cares".

Apparently the decision is sparking anger among viewers, a lot of people are threatening to kill her. I think they're just angry in general and want any reason to hurt others, it's pathetic.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Jake

Quote from: Chaos on July 06, 2011, 12:06:32 PM
Quote from: darkflash on July 06, 2011, 11:10:39 AM

You know, if you have evidence that irrefutably proves she did it, then you probably should have given that to the police, like, you know, before the trial ended.  And if you don't, then shut up.  The jury decided that the evidence provided was not enough to say she was guilty.

Incidentally, no, I know nothing about the case, nor do I care.  I do know enough about the media, however, to know that T-Rok is correct and it was likely sensationalized to hell and back.
Yeah totally agree with ya. Even if the jury thinks she could have possibly did it, they looked at the evidence and decided it wasn't enough to convict her. That, in my mind, was a perfectly reasonable choice. I'd rather have 100 guilty people go free than send once innocent person to prison.

sayers6

Beyond a reasonable doubt. That's IT that matters. There was reasonable doubt about her doing it. That law is there for a reason.