News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

OnLive

Started by sn0wb0arder381, June 28, 2010, 02:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lingus

Quote from: sn0wb0arder381 on June 29, 2010, 06:29:38 PM
@Lingus

The problem is that some of us don't have thousands of dollars in disposable cash to blow on a computer, and then even more money to upgrade it every few years. Gaming is expensive. I don't have the money for all that, but I can spend 5 dollars on this and beat a game during the rental period.
I don't have all that much money either. I upgrade my computer somewhere around every 5+ years. And even then it's not a complete system. And in either case, you're not taking into account that most people have a home computer anyways for basic tasks such as email, internet browsing, and word processing (and you have to have a PC or pay for the micro-console to use this system anyways). The additional cost required to make a standard system gaming ready is minimal in comparison. You have to compare any gaming system that way. You're going to have a computer AND a gaming system. Whereas a gaming PC is both in one device. I, in comparison, only have a gaming PC. I don't have a console or anything.

Quote from: ARTgames on June 29, 2010, 07:36:31 PM
Lingus would you try onlive?
I would like to try it to see how it works. I would also wait around to see how the pricing turns out as well as what games are available. I'm sure the system will change around a bit.

Cactuscat222

Yeah, I completely understand. The only other reason I might see this of use is for "on the go gaming". If you move around alot, and maybe you don't have a powerful laptop or something, then you could just download the app, login, and bam play some games when you have some free time.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lingus

Oh yea, this definitely has its uses, and if I had all the money in the world (or at least more than I have now) then I'd think about getting it. It would definitely be great to grab the micro-console and go to a friends house with it.

The one major thing this system has against it right now is the lack of titles. It looks like it has some good games, but nowhere near as much as PC or other consoles. That's really a major deciding factor when someone is considering what platform to go on. If it doesn't have enough of the games they want to play, the next system will.

ARTgames

Im sure they will get more games. Its just there start.

sn0wb0arder381

Yeah, they have a few more games coming. The only one that comes to mind right now is Metro 2033, but another 10 or so are in the "Coming soon" section.