News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

E3

Started by ARTgames, June 14, 2010, 04:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

QuoteOf course, I can't be sure from those videos. I'm curious though, if this is really stereoscopic in the sense that it would require the use of both eyes, or if you'd still see the effect while covering one eye.
Indeed it is the real 3D effect you get like with the glasses (requiring both eyes). See this article for more info based on a hands on report: http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098014p1.html

Lingus

Sounds awesome.

Oh, and almost forgot one of the potentially greatest things about it: The 3D camera. It just seems like something people would get a lot of use out of.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on June 18, 2010, 02:26:19 AM
Oh, and almost forgot one of the potentially greatest things about it: The 3D camera. It just seems like something people would get a lot of use out of.
yeah i was going to say something about that. And i think its cool and all but i don't think there is a standard on storing 3d images so I'm not sure if the images are that useful if you want to get them off the DS. Unless they just give you two normal still images which I'm sure they do. Maybe you just never take them off.

@fps on the wii
The aiming is ok on the wii its just the turning tends to be wired and clunky. But you can get use to it.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on June 18, 2010, 11:00:14 AM
Quote from: Lingus on June 18, 2010, 02:26:19 AM
yeah i was going to say something about that. And i think its cool and all but i don't think there is a standard on storing 3d images so I'm not sure if the images are that useful if you want to get them off the DS. Unless they just give you two normal still images which I'm sure they do. Maybe you just never take them off.
That's a good point, but I don't doubt that they have it figured out. I know there are other cameras that have 2 lenses for 3D imaging as well as having other TVs and monitors that you can display 3D on. It's not like the 3DS is the first thing to ever do 3D images. There's probably already a standard or at least multiple ways of storing 3D images. I'm sure it's a single file that has both images as well as whatever data is required to make that image 3D.

ARTgames

Well I just look at google and found that there is simple 3d image standert like .jps or .pns.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_file_formats
I guess that answers my question.

ARTgames

Maybe the controls will be something you like!

"While you can play with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk, if that's your thing, I played the game with a Classic Controller Pro. With two analog sticks and plenty of shoulder buttons, ..." http://www.giantbomb.com/news/goldeneye-rides-a-very-strange-line/2214/

Lingus

Your second link didn't work so I don't know what you're talking about...

But with the last half of the sentence you quoted: "the game simply plays like a modern console-based first-person shooter."

That means I would NOT like it...

sly 3 4 me

This is what he meant to link. The site he listed is meant to redirect, but the directory for it wasn't set correctly. Atleast, I'm pretty sure that is what he meant to link.

ARTgames

oh, i was just trying to say you can use the wii classic controller.

DarkBlade325

Listen, all im going to say is this.

Give me Portal 2, and I wont slice 27 kid's throats with a rusty razor.

ARTgames

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on June 20, 2010, 03:33:36 PM
Listen, all im going to say is this.

Give me Portal 2, and I wont slice 27 kid's throats with a rusty razor.
It will come out when ever Gabe gets out of the kitchen.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on June 20, 2010, 03:03:54 PM
oh, i was just trying to say you can use the wii classic controller.
Oh I see. Still, keyboard/mouse for me. Though, after seeing the Move I'd like to see how those controllers work for an FPS. They're supposed to be extremely accurate. But I don't see how it would be much different than the Wii controller...