News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Iphone OS4 Battery Drain Issue

Started by 11clock, July 08, 2010, 12:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Ever since I unjailbroke my Ipod Touch 3GS and upgraded it to OS4 its battery started to drain faster. It can't survive one night in sleep mode! I've tried rebooting it, but that didn't seem to work. Does anyone here know how to solve this issue?

Mr Pwnage

I noticed the same thing.....I think the new OS is crap.

You could probably try restoring to factory settings and than not choosing to upgrade to the new OS again...keep in mind you'd have to resync and re-jailbreak everything though.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

There's the thing about doing something to a device that you aren't supposed to. It tends to cause issues...

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on July 08, 2010, 01:27:24 PM
There's the thing about doing something to a device that you aren't supposed to. It tends to cause issues...

Well I haven't jailbroken my ipod...I only upgraded to the new OS through apple...so while I am sure jailbreaking an ipod may cause some sort of issues to it...this seems to me like apple as usual made crappy software and mass-distributed it before fixing it. Gotta love em.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

ARTgames

Quote from: 11clock on July 08, 2010, 12:24:14 PM
Ever since I unjailbroke my Ipod Touch 3GS and upgraded it to OS4 its battery

I'm confused. So your Ipod was jail broke and you undid that to do the update right? If that's true and you did a full restor then it may be time to ask at an apple store.

If its jailbroke now and your battery life is low I would ask the jailbreak comminty or undo the jailbreak.

11clock

Did some google searches to figure out that this is actually a world-wide problem. I also found some ways to fix the issue.

http://appletoolbox.com/2010/06/iphone-battery-drain-after-ios-4-0-update/

I did reboot my ipod and also turned off Push, as well as closing all my open apps (stupid multitasking feature <.<). None of this did any help. My ipod's battery is still steadily decreasing while in sleep mode, about 1% per minute. I may try doing full restore next, though I'll lose everything.

Lingus

Oh. I have it. This will fix everything. Get a Motorola Droid...

ARTgames

Have you considered your battery may be going bad?

11clock

Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2010, 03:02:11 PM
Have you considered your battery may be going bad?

Seeing that this is a world-wide issue, no. It must be the new update.

ARTgames

Does it drain as fast when not sleeping?

Do you have to have OS4? If not can you downgrade till its fixed?

11clock

Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2010, 03:14:19 PM

It drains faster if something is up. Takes about an hour of playing a game to get the battery to 0.

I somewhat fixed the problem. I turned off some settings on my ipod and now its battery can last longer, but it still decreases faster than normal.

ARTgames

I will say other than doing what your doing now I'm not sure what to do. All i can say is downgrade. :/ Keep searching or some one else here could help. I hope it gets fixed.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: 11clock on July 08, 2010, 03:50:52 PM

It drains faster if something is up. Takes about an hour of playing a game to get the battery to 0.

I somewhat fixed the problem. I turned off some settings on my ipod and now its battery can last longer, but it still decreases faster than normal.

Can you explain what you did? I'd like to know b/c I am having the same issue.

11clock

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 08, 2010, 07:18:59 PM
Quote from: 11clock on July 08, 2010, 03:50:52 PM

Can you explain what you did? I'd like to know b/c I am having the same issue.

Turned off Push, and some other settings I didn't really need. Also, I just restored my device to factory settings. Hopefully that worked. I'll be testing my iPod's battery tonight by leaving it in sleep mode while I'm asleep. If it survives the night, then the restoration worked. If I find it dead in the morning however, I'll do what I saved for last: downgrade.

11clock

Restoration pretty much more than worked. It also improved the battery! I had it in sleep mode for 2 hours and it still has 100% battery. :D

Solution: Restore your iPod to factory settings. You will lose everything, but it's worth the battery fix!